Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You obviously cannot read. I've said that quite a few times in quite a few threads.

Next up, I work at GH, not GL. Not that it's any crime to try and be "incognito" on a message

board populated by WHUSSY guttersnipes like yourself. This may come as a brutally shocking

thought to you, but--maybe I don't want anybody to know who I am, better to keep employed???

Ya think????

Why don't you go "dish" about something that really has some meaning in life? You take this

board way too seriously.

• Members

Yeah but which one.

Y&R has made so many changes. AMC has too. With so many changes on both shows esp in front of the cameras either one of them could have been the one.

And Days has just as many new faces too and missing faces too. So either three of them could be the one they referred to at times.

Y&R is the only one that made changes in front and behind the camera.

I really hate this news. Y&R was the only show to feature a black family in a good lead story. It will really hurt to see Dru gone. I just hope that they don't put the Winters on the backburner after this.

I know there were alot of changes going on, and I understand Victoria not liking all of them, but to me Latham evidently loved Dru. She seemed to love writing for her and to me was able to either work with her or write for her in a way that Dru kept her divaness and fire.

VR will definitely be missed.

• Members

I am sick and tired of all the god damn insults being thrown around at SON. This is not what we used to be like and it is not what we will turn into. If you don't have anything nice to say then damn it don't say anything at all.

If you take it upon yourself to insult another member, don't insult everyone else as well. Now you may think I'm "calling you out" but I'm not. I'm just using your post as a reference. There was no need for you to say that SON is populated by "WHUSSY guttersnipes". Not only was it uncalled for by insulting Dusty, but it was uncalled for because you insulted everyone at SON.

We are all tired (ie the active staff) of being yelled at for "lack of moderation". Changes are coming and many will not like it.........

• Members

*big hugs*

I know how you feel, babe.

Victoria Rowell is my favorite on Y&R. She's one of my top three favorite actresses in soaps today. It sucks... like, really badly. She and Phyllis are virtually the only reason that I watch Y&R. Now that Dru is out and Phyllis is a pod, all reason to watch has just flown completely out the window.

Don't worry about overreacting. I've had several of my own flipouts over the past week. :)

• Members

Wow, I am very shocked to hear about this. IMO, Victoria Rowell is popular enough and well-known enough (especially by, yes, the black community, as I've witnessed multiple times by friends, acquaintances, etc.) that her face and "Y&R" go hand-in-hand.

But, I'm not surprised that VR has been snubbed by co-stars multiple times for Emmy pre-noms. As someone who once walked those hallowed halls (haha, as an intern) I can definitely tell you that VR had her days where she was very sweet and other days where she was a straight-up diva with a capital [!@#$%^&*]. One time on the set, she had a misunderstanding with Michelle Stafford (this was back when they had alot of scenes together in the Newman offices) and it escalated to the point that MS walked off the stage. The two had to have a meeting with Jack Smith, etc. to settle it. Another time, VR was putting her own spin on her dialogue and the producers wanted her to say it the way it was written. She refused, and they called up to Jack Smith in the offices and when VR talked to him on the phone, she flat-out lied about what the producers were telling her to do. I know this happened because I was there, sitting in the producers booth observing, and watched as various people had their jaws dropped that VR had the audacity to lie about them right in front of their faces.

So, like I said, she has her diva moments.

It is so strange and disheartening to see Y&R changing overnight because with all the chaos and crumbling of daytime soaps, Y&R always stayed strong and held steady, keeping its storylines strong and respectable, and keeping its talented veteran cast and utilizing them. It's a shame to see the No. 1 show being completely overhauled with no good reason.

I did like Victoria Rowell, though. She was always nice to me. :) And even though I'm as gay as they come, she had such nice round perky bosoms. :lol:

Archived