Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Dru has always been one of my favourite Y&R characters and I love Victoria Rowell.

Its a sin she wasn't pre-nomed by her peers this past year, an absolute sin! God speed Victoria! I am confident I'll see you back on my television screen in no time!

LMFAO@ that description of Lynn Marie Latham, Brian Frons with colorful hair :lol:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LoL! I know, I know.

But I could see them doing it. Lynn strikes me as a woman who is willing to push for a recast so long as it means telling her story. They might've let Victoria out of her contract early because they already had someone in mind for a recast who is available and they didn't want to wait around until the other actress is snatched up when they know that Vicky Rowell was going to leave soon, anyway.

I just can't imagine Y&R without Victoria Rowell's brilliant Drucilla. And maybe LML feels the same way -- only minus Rowell as part of the 'must have' package.

• Members

I've called a few times and I don't know if it does any good, but regardless, it feels so good to release some fustrations on these people. The Y&R comment line number is : 323-575-2345. The CBS main number is: 212-975-4321 and the general number is: 310.280.8000. Enjoy!

• Members

From TVGuide.com:

Victoria Rowell is Leaving The Young and the Restless. Although The Young and the Restless had "no comment" on this matter, Victoria Rowell's personal publicist confirms to TVGuide.com that she asked to be released from her contract early. Rowell's request has been granted, so she will wrap up her Y&R run in early April.

Obviously, this is surprising timing since Rowell's character, Drucilla Barber Winters, is the key player in a front-burner murder mystery ("Who killed Carmen Mesta?") right now. Hmm...

Perhaps Rowell feels it's time to take another shot at the brass ring? She has enjoyed tastes of success in primetime TV and films (Diagnosis Murder, Eve's Bayou). And she did just score herself some good reviews as Samuel L. Jackson's wife in the big-screen feature, Home of the Brave. Movie critic Richard Roeper of Ebert & Roeper said she "holds her own and then some. So, big thumbs up for that."

Although the actress continues to pursue film roles, Rowell's rep says, "Victoria has a memoir called The Women Who Raised Me coming out on April 9. She wants to focus on promoting her book right now."

I know it is unreal and hard to accept, but I choose to embrace this and be happy for Ms. Rowell. Y&R, IMO, is turning into crap very quickly, she could do so much better.

• Members

LOL, who leaves a well paying job like that if you are happy? She could have asked for a break to promote her Book, not quit permanently. She probably wants off this sinking ship of a soap before all her fellow cast members are competing for jobs.

Archived