Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LML just doesn't have any regard for character history, most of the characters on Y&R right now are just a shadow of their former selves. Bill Bell must be spinning in his grave. Y&R's initial character-driven intent has been neglected to further plot-driven messes like Brady's snoozefest of a story.

Damn, could you guys imagine Y&R in the hands of a true soap writer who would learn the history of the characters and utilize it? Imagine if Claire Labine came back to soaps and joined Y&R, she would infuse a great deal of realism, character-balance, and would definitely be able to balance numerous plots and characters. Y&R needs all of that right now.

• Members

I wasn't talking about quality of story, but this certainly is one of the biggest she's ever had. This story with Carmen crosses over the entire canvas with Drucilla at the center of things. Certainly not the time you'd expect this type of announcement, especially when Rowell has spoken so highly of Latham and this story.

You don't know why she's leaving, I don't know why she's leaving and I'll continue to speculate about it until I DO know why she's leaving. If you don't like it, you don't have to read or reply.

And why trash the show? There are tons of reasons, many of which you regularly state while calling me a blind Latham lover. It's not like Dru is leaving a perfect show, this is a very shaky time for Y&R.

• Members

Dru and Victor are so cute together! I hope she puts him in check before she leaves.

Another thing lost is the potential DruMin pairing. :( There were potential sparks with both Dru and Ashley, now both are gone. :( Ji Min has been on a grand total of THREE TIMES the past two months, which isn't looking good.

• Members

ITA! There is no reason for me to even watch anymore. I think Rowell is one smart lady and sees the writings on the wall with this show. She does not need Y&R and has always had high profile projects outside Y&R. She will have no problem keeping a steady career. This is Y&R's lost, not hers.

• Members

I loved how Dru always stood up to Victor. She didn't take any sh!t, and VR alwyas stayed true to her character.

Plus, now Melody is complaining about lack of story in SOW. I don't blame her. I kinda wish Eric Braeden would go on one of his bloody rampages again.

On a lighter note I finally know who to dedicate my "Time of Your Life" montage to :)

• Members

This is nuts. Now she's gone?! ED gets fired for asking about Ashley not having any story, and now MTS is also complaning about the very same thing.

But to lose VR........a damn shame, really. I wonder will they recast, or just send Dru off to prison for killing Carmen?

These vets are now starting to sound like some of the other vets that work at that other show that has been mentioned in this thread (I promised myself I wouldn't mention Days) before JER got canned.

Archived