Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R has a huge African-American background and I'm not sure they'll react kindly to this news. Especially if it gets messy in the soap press. Plus you need to look at Y&R and how many important actors are leaving, being replaced with newbies. Drucilla is at the center of the show and now will be gone. There is no Abbott family. The reliquary gets top billing.

• Members

You're not referring to me, are you?

Christ almighty, we cross-discuss on this board. For the love of God, there's another thread on this forum discussing ED/B&B and Louise Sorel/DAYS simultaneously.

If anyone doesn't like it, there are other boards where the forums are kept strictly separate re: separate show discussion. Go there if it's such a problem.

And I'm not trying to be mean, I'm being honest. It's not that big of a deal. I watch both Days and Y&R. Many people watch multiple soaps and have no problem. Is it really so hard to scroll past a post? I have no problem comparing and contrasting more than one soap in a thread -- especially when this thread is the only one that EricaKane4Life is currently in so that I can call him out.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 2 2007, 01:41 PM)
Yes, she had to sign a temp one because they didn't even bother to renew her contract when it expired. She went months before they even started negotiations. Is this how you treat a valued actress? Then they all but fired Kristoff St. John, he had to go to the soap mags to try and save his job. I remember "oh my contract expired and they haven't contacted me, but I really want to stay." HOW INSULTING TO A 15 YEAR VET!

I can assure you this wouldn't happen to Joshua Morrow or Michelle Stafford. They even dogged out Heather Tom in favor of Sharon Case years ago.

I remember that. That's when Jack Smith was HW/EP. The biggest mistake he made was letting Heather Tom go and keepign Sharon Case. The character of Sharon wasn't nearly as important or loved by fans than Victoria.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 2 2007, 02:44 PM)
. There is no Abbott family.

very very true, makes me sad, the Abbotts are Y&R for me. I think loosing VR will be a big blow, I am giving LML a huge leaway here but it's getting harder.

Don't even get me started on this whole Kay switched Philip [!@#$%^&*]

• Members

Why was it an either or situation between Case and Tom, money? God, can you imagine if Sharon Case leaves too. Her contract is up in April and there have been rumblings she'll leave. I don't always like her, but I feel like all the characters I know are leaving.

• Members

People keep assaulting the show when it was Victoria's choice to leave. Be happy for her for wanting to try out new adventures. Maybe, if she's not able to find success outside of Y&R, she'll return. Don't bash the soap for it.

• Members

I think she's leaving because she sees what's coming for the show, and it ain't pretty.

So, yes, in that case... the show's to blame. When it gets so ridiculous that the actors feel the need to leave to avoid any bloodspill, it ain't good.

Archived