Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I recall, when Victoria Rowell left before, the show had a solid African-American cast left over (Tonya Lee Williams, Shemar Moore, the various Nathans, Veronica Redd). I mean, there's still Kristoff St. John...and there's Lily and Devon, but they are written so BADLY you hardly care about them.

VR is one of the few actresses on daytime who can make crap watchable, just because she brings so much to the screen that isn't in the script. I'd compare her to Michael E. Knight and Tony Geary.

• Members

It would be totally selfish. What about Sharon Case? Jess Walton? We don't see them asking to be released from their contracts. It would be incredibly immature and unprofessional for Rowell to quit because she didn't get an Emmy pre-nom. Is she that egotistical?

• Members

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. People say that all the time. Oh this show's ratings will go down because of that. Or that show's ratings go down because of this. The mass majority of the time it doesn't happen and ratings go up or they stay the same.

• Members

Feeling insulted by the people you work with and the people you work for isn't selfish, it's human. How is it unprofessional and immature to quit over a slight? It's better than staying and being miserable.

Just to be clear, this is all speculation on my part, I can't wait for Vicky to interview with one of the mags.

Archived