Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Because Heather Tom is one of the actresses they don't care about. With Sharon Case they gave her the world to stay. With St. John, Rowell and Tom it's "take the scraps or leave."

But back then Y&R had a cast full of richly defined BILL BELL characters to replace Dru with. The canvas then and now is no contest. Losing any little actor is a big loss to the show.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Semi-agree on the bold stuff.

I don't say the ratings ALL BUT depend on the black audience, but it makes up a large percentage. Will they be put off enough to stop watching Y&R? I dunno.

Y&R had a large black audience before the Barber Sisters were introduced, right?

They should have done everything in their power to keep her. This was a *BIG* mistake.

Have the prenoms even been released yet?! How do we know she left because she didn't get a prenom? She deserved one that's for sure, but I don't think it could have been JUST that.

Dru, even though she has significant airtime, is a caricature these days. But then again, so are a lot of Y&R characters.

• Members

I can't believe people are actually saying that she is leaving because she didn't get a pre-nom. How do we know that she didn't take herself out of the running? I know she did it for the NAACP's. Maybe she decided not to submit herself for the emmy's too.

How do you know they didn't? You can offer a person everything in the world to stay and they can leave anyway.

Archived