Y&R: OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Huh? People leave soaps all the time even if they are happy. And I wasn't talking about just her book. Considering that she got good reviews for the movie she did, maybe going out for more films is something she wants to pursue. Or maybe she has a prime time deal in the works. Victoria Rowell doesn't seem like the a person who only takes risk if she has a safety net. She seems like a type of person who would leave without a parachute and without one foot in the door. She is not like other actors in Daytime who hold shows hostage while they see if they swim or sink when it comes to something else they have in the works.

ETA: Plus VR has been in the business long enough to have a sizeable nest egg and could survive leaving a good job for a long time.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do you INSIST on giving the asshats in charge the benefit of the doubt?!

Victoria Rowell is supposedly front-burner in a major story and is asking to be let out of her contract early. Rowell is, undoubtedly, one of Y&R's most recognizable and frankly, more popular stars. And you mean to tell me, "OH, well, you know, she didn't sign a longterm contract to stay the full course, she wanted to pursue other venues." BULL! Something JUST ISN'T RIGHT!

I'll eat crow if she comes out and says something otherwise, but the writing is on the wall for Y&R lately.

Oh, and they will probably recast Dru, which is a shame. Is Amelia Marshall still on the West Coast? Even though I love her as an actress, she's ain't Dru. There are some parts that should never be replaced.

• Members

And isn't Michelle Stafford's contract almost up too? If too many people CHOOSE to leave, that's gonna be a HUGE problem. Whatever is going on at Y&R needs to be fixed quick, fast and in a hurry or there will be NO show. I've tried to give LML and Co. the benefit of the doubt, but she and her crew are [!@#$%^&*] up the show!

• Members

I'm Sure Doug Davidson would prefer to stay as he's had more storyine than he did under Jackass. However, wasn't there a Y&R rumor that a character with a redundant profession will be sent packing? They still seem hung up on JT so I suspect the other PI, Paul, will be let go when his contract expires.

• Members

Maybe DD will get a reprieve with all of these other people leaving. I can hope can't I? The rumors that Michael Grazadei and Sharon Case would leave this spring have been flying for awhile. I really don't hate what I'm seeing on screen from LML, but all the behind the scenes crap that is leading to so many departures is going to ruin this show. :angry:

• Members

Because Lynn Marie Latham has pissed on a lot of Y&R fans and the rich history of this show since she showed up, more notably toward the last half of 2006.

Whether or not you realize it, Rowell is a big star and Dru is a VERY important character on Y&R. We are already losing the Abbott clan...with Jack being basically the only Abbott on the show(and please, don't say that bugeyed b!+[h Gloria is an Abbott).

But Y&R is supposed to be the gold standard of soaps(not meaning that as a slight against any other soap on the air). Y&R has rarely, if ever, been a soap full of stagnant characters, plot movement with no progression, and resolutions unsatisfying. Y&R in the past was slow paced, but there was always something that left the viewer hungry for more. Now, the slow pace of BS storylines like Reliqueery leave the viewer rolling their eyes, wanting this [!@#$%^&*] to be OVER, like YESTERDAY!

Y&R ain't going anywhere anytime soon. But TPTB have to act fast if they don't want to see B&B/DAYS/GH take over the #1 spot in the ratings. Y&R's ratings are gonna tank.

• Members

I would like to think that they would keep the door open for her. Maybe she will be framed for the Carmen murder and sent to prison. I would like to see the door kept open so that if she wants too, she can return. There is plenty of time to create a good story for her leaving.

Archived