DAYS: Monday

• Members

I think that Days has been the best soap on TV since around August or so. And Days/Y&R have been fighting for the title ever since the start of December. For the soap that's come the farthest, though, Days definitely wins out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved, loved the confrontation between Belle and Victor. That´s what good soap is about. I know some people are complaining that Victor wouldn´t alienate his friendship with Caroline that way, and that CPS would never take the child from parents so quickly, but that´s just it. I don´t want a total reality. This is a soap, not a documentary. Give me two great actors giving everything into a scene, great writing and even good music supporting the scene, and I will happily overlook some minor plotholes.

Abby/Nick were great too. I´m really in love with DAYS teens. I could live without the flashbacks, but it were really only FLASHbacks, not entire scenes replayed again like during Reilly. But poor Ashley. She is so beautifull and it seems they have only one jacket as a costume for her, because she has it on all the time. Maybe Max could put some radiator in the garage, so she can dress more comfortable. Oh, and she still doesn´t have her own room too. I still think it would be best if DAYS pulled 90210 and let all the teens live together in the Deveraux Mansion.

Sami/Lucas were only supporting today, but I loved the tension between her a Kate. Sheffer is really playing it hard with all the Sami is a city hero stuff. It´s somewhat predictable, but it makes good drama, because we all know what is coming.

And the scenes at the CPS office were great too. I loved Steve´s flashback, it was very creepy and well done. But that final FX with flames behind Steve? What we have to do to stop Steve Wyman and convince him these FX are stupid? He is with DAYS so long, I still remember some really old and great J/J episodes he directed. I´m able to understand some less cheese effects around flashbacks, even in the previews, but the end of episode works so much better without that.

• Members

The special effects take viewers right out of the scene. You're involved, your heart is beating fast, you're excited and on the edge of your seat... then some ridiculous special effect occurs and it just takes you totally out of the scene.

We get that Steve is angry. We don't need flames to tell us that!

• Members

Exactly! I mean, you're watching, your hands are folded and you're leaned forwards and holding your breath, the one thing that pushes you almost off your seat is seeing the screen just fade to black. No hints, nothing, just the excitement of seeing it again tomorrow.

• Members

Stephen Nichols can DO anything, the man just rocks plain and simple. Of course like others have said the SFX ruined the ending for me, but I am still highly anticipating Tuesday's show.

I would love to comment more but I have just a few minutes to get caught up on this board, keep it up DAYS!

• Members

I'm in Victor and Philip's corner all the way. Shawn has proved that he is an irrational and erratic, totally devoid of respect and not very bright in many respects including earning a living, ingrate. Belle has shown that her judge of character is brainless. She should be livid with Shawn for impregnating her while she was practically frozen to death and nearly dead, ruining her life and giving her a child she didn't want too early. She should want to scratch his eyes out instead of overlooking that and that he could have killed her and Philip at their wedding with his insane act and he could have killed his grandfather and anyone else at his house when he stole Max's car and drove it DELIBERATELY throught the walls into the living room. The boy is crazy and needs to be imprisoned in a psychiatric prison. Belle was livid with him for sleeping with a hooker but overlooked these criminal tendencies. She needs to join him. Hoorah for Victor for wanting to give Claire a sensible father, the one who loved and took care of her the first year of her life. Oh, and P(ost) S(cript), Shawn doesn't have a legal leg to stand on so it's going to be great to see the court scenes.

I truly believe all that, but don't overlook that Victor has played a dirty hand somewhat which he really didn't need to do in my judgement. It may be (just my thought) that he knows doing this will push his inadequate grandson into doing something really stupid and then he will have the whole enchilada. Gads, I'd hate to be up against brains and money.

I'm on the fence about Connor, too. He is a cutie and has a fun personality. Mimi has huge, huge brown eyes and Connor has normal to small blue eyes so I really didn't see the resemblance of those two very much. Also, Mimi seems to be a rather big girl beside him making him appear small which works if he is working as a jockey. I can see him teasing the living daylights out of Abby.

Did anyone get Steve's scene? I don't see how he went from the torture sequence to demanding that they let Bo see his granddaughter right now. Didn't work at all for me....no tie in, no sense. If he just blew up and wrecked the place, but from torture to what is happening didn't work.

I didn't care for the script today and that's remarkable because I don't pay a lot of attention to it, but today had several things that made me say something about the writing. One was about Chelsea playing her music really loud. Living in Bonnie's house, I doubt that she played her music really loud and got away with it. Mostly she uses her iPOD. There were a couple of others (one was calling a wrong name) but I've forgot now.

What I really, really liked about today's show is Sami keeping her cool around the horrid Kate. That is amazing improvement to not let her get the upper hand by getting her to lose her temper. Hooray, Sami.

• Members

Just a few thoughts today.

It was strange how we got so many flashbacks, particularly in the Nick storyline. I guess it's a way for viewers to catch up when they haven't seen a particular episode. I know when I began watching Days again in 1994 and JER was still headwriter, I can't remember what I watched LIVE and what I watched in flashbacks. They were so prolific that for new viewers like myself, it was like I watched the scene in the original context. I didn't mind the flashbacks in this case. I just hate the color/special effects whenever the special effects occur. If the show wanted to distinguish b/w live and flashback scenes, maybe they could go the black/white route? I'd prefer that they just show it like any other scene, but I don't think it'll be a big issue regardless. HS doesn't write too many flashback scenes, so I digress.....

As I was watching today's show, the biggest thing that jumped out to me was the conflict and tension in most of the scenes. Even in the Lumi scenes, which were for the most part light-hearted, there was an underlying tension b/w Kate and Sami that was slowly bubbling to the surface.

Top 5 things I enjoyed about the show in no particular order:

1) Noah Segan's expressive eyes. He's got some potential. He's not the most attractive guy in the world, but I don't think he's butt ugly as I've seen other message boards describe him either. He's ok looking. He has a distinctive look. I'm just trying to figure out why HS decided to make him a wannabe cowboy w/a twang. Is the character inspired by another movie? I've seen some speculation about Brokeback Salem in other places. Not sure about that. But I'm curious to see where Hogie is taking this character....

2) I complained about it earlier in this thread, so it's only right for me to acknowledge when HS addresses one of my complaints. I was glad to see Lucas interact with his sister. They have a lot in common and I would like to see them have a brother-sister relationship that is visible onscreen. I'm also glad that Lucas mentioned that he would like to get to know his niece Chelsea a little better. I hope that we get to see some uncle-niece interaction b/w those 2 as well. Again, I wonder why HS decided to place Billie/Chelsea in the Lumi storyline or perhaps vice versa?

3) I really enjoyed the Abby/Nick scenes. Loved seeing the sassy side of Abby, when she was teasing Nick about being Lonely Splicer. Nick chewing out Chelsea was also pretty entertaining. About time that Nicky got a little backbone and started asserting himself with Chelsea. As long as Chelsea sees him as a pushover, she'll never respect him. Nice movement of the storyline....

4) The pub scene was also quite nice. It was great to see the different Brady family members reacting to Victor taking Claire away from Shelle. Victor is such a cold, evil person. I love it!! He was so outrageous when he said that he would allow Shelle visitation rights if they signed over their parental rights to Claire. I got a big kick out of that. The terms of his deal were so over the top that it made me laugh!! Funny!!

5) The Bo/Steve scenes were also one of today's highlights. I'm really enjoying the Beverly character. Love her snippiness, when she told Bo that he could leave any time now!! LOL!! Steve having those flashbacks was creepy. "Just say it" Say what? Nice suspense!! Then Steve explosion's--wow!! Just reminded me how good Stephen Nichols really is!!

Good entertaining show!!

• Members

I know this is idiotic, but I was AMAZED to see Chelsea and Stephanie sitting on her bed cracking open a soda.

It's not even the big moments that I'm so loving. It's the small, realistic familial interactions.

• Members

Connor looks like singer Rob Thomas and he was so at ease with everyone. Sad that in one day, this actor showed more talent than his on-screen sister Farah has in six years. I can't wait to see him interacting with Abby as predicted. Wonder if he'll go "woo-wee!" when he sees her? :lol:

Jean, you are crazy for thinking Shawn and Belle deserve to lose their daughter. Why should Belle be mad at Shawn for helping her to create Claire? Last time I checked, getting pregnant for some women doesn't require a whole lot of planning. They love their daughter and they have every right to raise her. The way Victor is acting, he isn't fit to take custody of a hamster. As for Philip, he does love Claire, but he has no claim to her. Victor and Philip should be getting Philip's BIOLOGICAL child, not his ex-stepdaughter/niece/cousin/whatever. From your comments, it seems you are condeming this baby simply because it came from Shawn and Belle. Pretty psycho, if you ask me.

Archived