DAYS: Monday

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure how I feel about Connor.

Caroline got to [!@#$%^&*] out Victor? I need to know who wrote this script, so I can hunt them down and kiss them.

Belle's line about 'that man not deserving to live' sounded like it could be forshadowing. Eep.

Ademption, I'm SO with you on Lucas and that is why I hate this recent LUMI incarnation. Sheffer was handed the perfect opportunity to grow Lucas without Sami, but he just wouldn't take it.

• Members

Yeah they really do need to define Lucas. I think they will at some point since HS has focused alot on defining other characters. They should've done it already though. I am more upset by the fact that he doesn't interact much with family except on Christmas and here and there. I was so happy he interacted with Billie today and hope to see him interact with her and Chelsea more.

I really liked the Billie/Sami/Lucas scenes. They had a fun element to them. Pinson and Dattilo had a nice sibling dynamic going. It was all alot of fun to watch, especially with Kate just lurking and trying to stop Sami from looking good :lol: . I love Sami/Kate snarkiness and how funny was Sami and Lucas playing basketball in the room as Shaq and Dwayne Wade? :lol: Great scenes.

Again, I just love Connor and the way he resembles Mimi and acts like Bonnie. Perfect casting and I like the unique look he has to him. Not your typical soap teen hunk. Very CBS-like and he actually has a likeable quality about him. I enjoyed his scenes with Bonnie and Mimi and I am very into this Lockhart story. Who knew I could actually like one? :lol:

That Steve scene at the end was amazing. Loved him and Bo at the office fighting for Claire. I hate that women. It is so clear that she felt no remorse for what she did. I love that PR said Kiriakis like that too. PR and SN rocked and SN at the end was amazing. Those torture flashbacks were very mysterious and intense. LOVE it.

Chelsea/Stephanie was pretty good. Chelsea was Chelsea :lol: . Stephanie is definitely better in scenes like this and it's a shame they didn't do this sooner so we could enjoy her. I will miss Shayna but she odes have little purpose outside of who her parents are. I just wish she was in scenes like this earlier.

Abby/Nick were good. Love the cousin dynamic there. We have been getting some flashbacks lately. They aren't too bad because they are usually quick but today they kept showing them in their scenes during every segment in the first half and it got a bit annoyin. Last week, they did the same with Sami/EJ but I understood it because of the holidays and they probably were doing it for people that missed an episode or something. They are only using them for characters with secrets like Sami and Nick so I guess I can deal with it but just a tad annoying to me. I did like Nick telling Chelsea off. Berris was good there.

My overall favorite scenes today were at the Pub. The scenes with Victor, Belle, and Shawn were awesome. That line Belle had seemed like it was definitely foreshadowing Keith and it sent a chill down my spine. I am very into this and Martha, Brandon, and John were great. I also liked Hope and Kayla being there. MBE has her fire back and KA was great in capturing that look of disgust Hope always used to have when it came to Victor. Peggy McCay was superb today. Her facial expressions during the scenes showed us how conflicted she was to see the man she has loved and cared for all these years do this to her family. I love the way she [!@#$%^&*]ed him out. It had so much weight to it with the history between the characters. Great scenes all around.

Great show. Awesome start to the week.

• Members

I'm loving the entire "teen scene." That's the first time that's happened since Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas/Jamie in the early 90's!

I'm coming to really enjoy Stephanie. Go figure -- she's leaving, LoL. I think she's found her spot, though. She has a nice chemistry with everyone. Her banter with Chelsea today was basically filler, but entertaining filler. That's the great part of this improved dialogue. Even filler scenes are played with entertaining lines, and it makes 'em worth it.

Connor is great. The actor they got for the role is really good, and his interactions with Judi and Farah were perfectly natural. It was as if he'd been on the show for years! The minute he popped on screen, I felt like I knew him just like all the rest. Great writing for the character and great casting. Don't you love how characters newly introduced are actually being given personalities right from the get go? It took until Hogan took over before Patrick was finally given a personality other than 'cardboard.' I love being interested in a new character right from the start due to great casting and good writing.

The whole Connor/Chelsea/Nick/Abby/Stephanie age group has tons of potential. So many personalities played by great writers, and all of the characters have familial ties to Salem. I LOVE this! A young, new generation with a purpose and ties... and interesting personalities. This shows so much promise and possibility.

Steve's freakout at the end was BRILLIANT! I hated the flames (damn SFX!) but Stephen Nichols was amazing. He went from normal to bezerk in about 2.7 seconds. That man can do anything. And that Beverly [!@#$%^&*]... if I could just get my hands around her neck, I'd be a happy man.

LOVED the scenes at the Brady Pub. I've missed that set and I'm thrilled they're using it so much again! Martha Madison kicked ass as a furious Belle, telling Victor off. I loved her saying that Victor doesn't deserve to live, then the camera zoomed in on her contemplating face, as if to set up a possible "Belle murders Victor" scenario. Brilliant! I also love how Steve and Kayla have become involved. Caroline telling Victor to leave her pub was fabulous, as was Shawn opening the door and telling him to get out. This multi-generation of characters all have had issues with Victor in the past and over the years, and having them pull together to support Shawn and Belle during their tangle with him is fantastic.

Speaking of multi-generational, don't you love how everyone's involved with everyone now? Not just mixing young characters with old, but involving everyone with multiple stories. People are no longer islanded in their own little world. Take Billie, for example. One minute, she's involved with Steve and Kayla. The next minute, she's having sex with teenage Nick. The next minute, she's having a warm reunion with her brother Lucas at the hospital and butting heads with mama Kate. And speaking of Kate, does anyone else want to strangle her right about now? She'll do anything BUT give Sami credit where it's due. She saved your son, Kate! Give it up. I'm loving the dynamic between Kate and Sami lately, though. Rather than screaming at one another and hurling insults 24/7, they're more like a "fun annoyance" to each other. Again, brilliant writing and great acting choices by Ali and Lauren.

And finally, I was waiting for Nick's pants to drop. :) The guy's lips are gorgeous! I just want to kiss him and... aughhh... so many other things. I love the way he slightly curls the edge of his lips up when he's conveying sarcasm. It's so cute. He'll be a big star someday.

• Members

I am not sold on Conner yet. He does act alot like Bonnie, and I love his nickname for Mimi, Momo.. lol.

Loved the Pub, can't wait for the court battle.

Enjoyed the Roberts/Reed family interaction.

Way to go Nick, you finally have a backbone.

Steve, wow dude, what's up with that. I can't wait to find out.

• Members

I'm watching now.

I'm on the fence right now when Connor is concerned. I like him, but I don't. The actor is playing the role well, but I'm surprised by the way the character is being written. Where in the hell has Connor been exactly, Texas? I'm not feeling the whole Hey Dude! personality. I'll give him time... He's better than Nick, that's for sure.

I love Stephanie and Chelsea scenes. Shayna and Rachel work so well off each other. They play the hating cousins, but really enjoying each other's company, so well :lol:

• Members

Oh, yes! Connor's nickname for Mimi is great (MooMoo). Adorable.

He really had a great chemistry with Judi and Farah. I loved the way Bonnie kept physically abusing him, LoL. They really act just like family, right from the get-go. I can't believe how excellent Days casting has been over the last five years.

• Members

I know! Their dialogue today was so fun. The scriptwriters have really stepped it up to where even filler scenes are filled with interesting exchanges and can't-miss zingers.

I'm sad now that Shayna Rose is leaving. I think she's found her place on the show. She fits the role well, she's got great chemistry with her fellow actors. I hope she comes back, honestly! And I wouldn't have said that a month ago.

• Members

Loving the pub scenes! So many generations all under one roof :D I like the way Belle told Hope to keep Doodlebug away from Victor. He just wanted to see his granddaughter, b*tch! :lol: Don't be mad because he's taking your daughter from you. And leave it to Kayla to be the voice of reason :rolleyes: Boring whore...

Archived