2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is there something to OLTL's back to back eps being directed by occasional directors? 9/18-Howie Zeidman; 9/19-Mary Ryan. I like Zeidman & Ryan better than the overrated Mitwell & Cooperman. Valentini should stop directing himself & focus on PRODUCING the show & he should replace Mitwell & Cooperman with Zeidman & Ryan. OLTL is a show that needs to clean house in the acting, character, writing, producing & directing area. A house divided is a weak one.

Will Gialanella (BDW) be leaving now that Higley was fired (and by some accounts treated babdly by Frons & Carlivati)?

Diane Messina needs to be involved in Y&R. She's got talent, and that's all I want for all shows: People with talent. Period.

Bernard Lechowick is another SW that adds intelligence & insight into his Y&R scripts. Pay closer attention & you'll see.

Sheffer is probably the most-respected HW among all shows respective writing staff. Writers quit their shows to work with him on DOOL. (Tate, Casiello, Donato etc) Doesn't that count for something? I have a feeling that Susan Dansby will soon follow her ex-Oakdale residents to Salem. Sheffer breathed life into a stale ATWT (thank you, Leah Laiman) & ratings increased to healthy levels. 2nd most respected HW? Bradley Bell.

The most-respected EP? Corday.

• Members

>> The most-respected EP? Corday.

Most respected? By whom!?

The fact Casiello, Donato and others have quit ATWT to work again for Sheffer says more about Passanante, Laiman and even Goutman than it does about him.

ETA: And who's to say people aren't sticking w/ B&B out of loyalty and respect for the Bell family -- and Bill and Lee, in particular -- and not just for Bradley?

And sure, Lechowick is intelligent. In fact, I've always held him in slightly higher regard than LML. (His individually penned eps of HOMEFRONT bear this out.) If I were headwriting for AMC or GL, I'd hire him to write breakdowns and/or scripts in a second. But, is he right for Y&R? That, my friend, is the question.

>> he should replace Mitwell & Cooperman with Zeidman & Ryan.

Replace Jill Mitwell!? Somebody hold me back, lol.

• Administrator

• Members

^WORD to your post, R Sinclair. The AMC writing staff needs an overhaul. My dream would be:

The entire writing staff (except Michelle Patrick, Stephen Demorest, Joanna Cohen, Karen Lewis and Kate Hall) OUT

Lorraine Broderick, Michelle Van Jean, Patrick Mulcahey, Nancy Curlee IN

But as I've stated, that's a dream not likely to happen. :lol:

Archived