2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not inconceivable for AMC to make room for Tita (heh, sounds like a (bad) sitcom) by eliminating one of the associate heads already on staff. And if that happens? I fully expect Addie Walsh or Michelle Patrick to be the one to go. Stephen Demorest and Marla Kanelos have prior working relationships w/ B&E (GL and PORT CHARLES, respectively); Chip Hayes is a friend of JHC's; and Amanda L. Beall, as we already know, has those photos of JHC and Brian Frons together in that hot tub in Ojai. Ergo, Patrick might know AMC's history, but she, along w/ Walsh, is the odd girl out.

I just hope --

1) Ron Carlivati has room for Patrick at OLTL, and;

2) DAYS's Hogan Sheffer doesn't mind working w/ someone a) hired by Corday, B) isn't a former colleague of his from ATWT, and c) doesn't have the same agent, either.

• Administrator

If you're not a friend of Hogan's or Ed's, or have different agents, you don't have a good chance of getting hired at DAYS. LOL

Yeah, I agree. If a BDW is leaving, I think it's Patrick or Walsh. If it's a SW, I think it's Bugler, Cohen, Hall or Taylor. I'm very curious to see who's really leaving though. Will it be someone we suspect or will it be a shocker?

• Members

Bite your tounge -- not only for that horrible sitcom title (LMAO!), but for saying my Michelle Patrick will be out. Nope! I refuse to accept such a notion. Just like Beall makes sure she shoves Jonathan and the Carey Girls into every breakdown she writes, Michelle Patrick's the only one who seems to use Derek and Livia.

Plus, with B&E's claim to wanting to add "diversity" to the show, that would be a bold ass move to fire Patrick.

Chip "Zarf" Hayes can ride the next Carey Whore out of town, for all I care. I mean, really. "Zarf?" How bland and excruciatingly unimaginative can you get?

Addie Walsh has been on my shit list ever since that horrible Independence Day episode she and Beall wrote this summer. That slapstick, Laurel & Hardy, Three Stooges farce was a mess.

We, at the ALB Hate Coalition, are actively pursuing the acquisition of those photos so we can, in turn, use them to get Frons and JHC to get rid of her!

• Members

>> If it's a SW, I think it's Bugler, Cohen, Hall or Taylor.

My money's on Bugler for that one.

Hey, I don't like the thought of Michelle Patrick leaving/retiring any more than anyone else. If anything, I think she should be "promoted" to Script Editor, w/ Jeff Beldner shown the door.

That said, I believe B&E would work very hard to bring as many of their "friends" aboard the writing staff as they could, but with their options being as limited as they are...well, someone has to go, and it may or may not be someone we're glad to see leave.

Still, I wouldn't be shocked if we didn't see the following sooner rather than later:

ALL MY CHILDREN

Written by

BARBARA ESENSTEN

JAMES HARMON BROWN

AMANDA L. BEALL

TITA BELL

MICHAEL CONFORTI

CHIP HAYES

MARLA KANELOS (as Script Editor)

JOANNA COHEN

KATE HALL

JANELLE LINDSAY