nassaunew posted this in the Passions Weekly thread

So the writing team now consists of:

James E. Reilly

Marlene Clark Poulter

Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr.

Clem Egan

Pete T. Rich

Shawn Morrison

So gone are: N. Gail Lawrence, Peggy Schibi, Maralyn Thoma and Nancy Williams Watt

Very sad to see these writers leave. Peggy and Maralyn first worked with Jim at GH in the 80's and DAYS in the 90's. And Nancy worked with him at GL in the early 90's. It must've been hard on Jim for his close friends to leave.

Interesting that Shawn is now back on the writing team. Shawn was on the Passions's team during the early years. He was recently the "Writers Office Coordinator" before rejoining the regular writing team.

I feel for you, Jim!! :(

• Administrator

Hey, guess what? Y&R got new writers again.....and it's another duo. LOL

- Darin Goldberg and Shelley Meals first listed as Writers on September 19

I checked their IMDB's and I guess they're friends of Lynn's because the wrote for "Wild Card."

• Members

Will they be offered or seek positions on their past shows? (NGL/NWW on GL; Schibi/Thoma on GH & DOOL)

Well, JER has no one to blame about his friends being jobless but himself. If he truly cared about their well-being, he should have rocked the hell out of Passions. When DOOL was declining in late 2004, Passions should have been addictive.

I prefer duo writing teams to solos whenever they're new additions in the SW dept. The Y&R Son (aka LML/Bernard's son) should NOT be writing solo scripts. Case in point: LeBlanc's lines in Vincent's 1st solo script were dreadful. Bloom must be singing "All hail the Y&R Son". <_<

But back to Darin & Shelley, I think they wrote the scripts b/c they're primarily SW on the shows they write for (Dawson's Creek, Wild Card, Time of You Life etc). Wait till you read their 1st script; it's a good one. Very impressed & I hope they are permanent members of the writing staff. Y&R is still lacking in writers now that Bibel & Cwikly left. Speaking of former writers, did Bibel & Cwikly quit? If so, why?

All I want on these shows are talented writers. Period. New or old, just be talented. Speaking of talent, notice how they mention a FOLML, Diane Messina (BDW James Stanley's wife) as U.S. attorney? Expect to see her name pop up very soon.

Why wont LML, Bloom & SONY hire some of the good writers from AMC, GH, GL, ATWT of the 1990s (Nancy Curlee, Pamela Long, Juliet Law Packer)? There's a handful of them that should be writing for daytime. Or even poach the good writers from the current shows (Mulcahey- doesn't like being told to dumb down scripts; Susan Dansby; Richard & Carolyn Culliton; Michael Minnis; Karen Lewis; Stephen Demorest; Richard Backus)

It can be done if all ATWT & GL writers accept a pay cut. ATWT & GL desperately need to return to its glory days of the early 1990s.

• Members

Friends or not they have experience.

I don't think Wild Card was either hugely successful or a big bomb. Somewhere in the middle.

Lynn was only involved in the first season not the 2nd. I think I remember reading that she had trouble with the show being filmed in Canada. But I'm not sure if that's true or if I'm imagining remembering that.

Tuesday's Y&R seems to have been a huge dent in my enjoyment. I'm still not getting all the hate for the show but yesterday was terribly dull in my opinion. Too many new kids running around that club and not enough story going on. I do like Nia Peeples but I'm not sure what I thought of the perplexing material they gave her yesterday.

• Members

Dianne Messina is another very talented script writer and I would say a bigger talent than her husband James Stanley though their co-written scripts on KL among others were always stellar. It has surprised me that she's not shown up on Y&R sooner.

• Administrator

Alright, just heard that Peggy Schibi and Nancy Williams Watt retired. I think Maralyn Thoma retired too, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I checked her age and she's about 69 years old (assuming it's the same Maralyn Thoma). Now I can see why those writers left because I'm pretty sure JER would've kept them if they didn't retire - they worked with him the longest.

Archived