Days: Rumors

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with those who say "no Tony." Cartoon, redeemed, whatever- he'd bring back bad, bad memories of that stupid neverending kidnapping stuff. If they're going good vs. evil within the Dimera clan they can split it EJ/Benji. And switching Lucas's paternity is beyond unnecessary, imho, unless they feel they need it to put a couple extra twists in the Who's The Daddy storyline we seem to be heading towards with Sami.

• Members

Unless EJ turned out to be Tony and Anna's son instead of Susan Banks and Stefano, I cannot see a reason to bring Tony into this story. EJ and Tony are too similar in appearance and mannerisms to be interesting. So far, I think EJ is doing a superb job and gets better everyday with his character.

Benjy is the one confusing me.....and who is Sonia who seems to be more DiMera than Benjy is.

The actor who portrays Lucas doesn't resemble any of the Horton's that I remember and does resemble the DiMera's, but I love Lucas as a Horton and hope nothing changes that.

• Members

I wouldn't mind Tony being back ONLY under the following conditions:

A) It's not at the expense of any character(s) I love more.

B ) His JER era madness is logically explained.

And C) He serves a purpose other than being an over-the-top supervillain.

Then, and only then, would I want Tony back.

• Members

While Thaao is a great actor and has wonderful screen presence, Tony is not needed anymore. The character has been played out. DAYS has awesome villians in Evil Elvis and Victor.

Also, no way to Lucas as a DiMera. He's fine as is.

• Members

Well, with Hogie making Phillip front and center, I could see Vivian part of a "Who's the Mommy?" storyline. I thought that the whole switching of the embryo storyline with Shimi and Phelle would lead to a story where we would find out that Phillip was Vivian's son, not Kate's. Once it was revealed that Viv was Phillip's mother, there could be an interesting story about Viv trying to connect with Phillip but Phillip rejecting her ect.

If Viv returned, I would also like to see the show explore Auntie Viv's relationship with John. Maybe she has a clue to John's heritage, ie who his father is? That could be interesting...

IMHO, Vivian has a lot of story to tell and her character has "rested" for what 6 years(?) now. With Bonnie gone, we're going to need a character to provide comic relief to balance all the heavy drama that is going on with the show right now. Tony was just on the show and his return was mixed at best. Sure it would be great if all the Dimeras came back to Salem. But in the grand scheme of things, I think the show could wait to bring back Tony for another year, while starting on the Vivian story to give Phillip's character even more depth.....

• Members

I reallly think Thaoo should stay as far from DAYS as possible. The way his character was degraded is almost unfixable. Him just being back will take a lot of tolerance, something I think the show doesn't have time for. The Tony shipped has sailed IMO, Tony has sunk lower than Stefano ever did IMO and I think he is better left off. I also think DAYS should not be spending money on him either. Eileen, Joe and even Louise should be on the top of their list.

Also regarding the Lucas thing, I think its kind of silly at this point like everyone said, especially since there is a big story regarding his paternity with Laura and Kate and it should be left alone. I hope Hogan is not as re-write heavy as Dena Higley is on OLTL because alot of the show's history can simply sink down the drain. Especially since we haven't seen Stefano yet and there is no gauruntee that he is actually going to be back. Making him a DiMera would be pointless if we don't get a scene/interaction with him and Stefano.

• Members

No, I'm not kidding. I'm very serious. Why should it matter whether Phillip is 4, 24 or 34 when he found out the true identity of his mother, if the writers wanted to go down that road? Mike Horton found out the real identity of his father when he was an adult. Lucas was a teen when he found out that Bill was his father. Besides, I think Langan was flirting with the idea of making Philip Vivian's son right before LS/Vivian left the show. Didn't Philip start borrowing money from her to upset his mother, Kate? There's already a relationship b/w Philip and Vivian. There's an opening there if the writers want to explore a "who's the mommy" storyline for Phil.

It's not a big deal to me either way but I think there's plenty of story for Vivian right now, IMHO....

• Members

Philip knows the story. How long have you been watching DAYS? Were you watching when Philip was SORASed? When Brandon Tyler came onto the show, he had scenes with Louise Sorel. Philip came to Vivian for money for his debts because Victor and Kate wouldn't give it to him. Vivian, feeling like Philip's second mother, gave Philip the money. I remember Philip saying he was lucky to have 2 moms. So Philip already knows that Vivian carried him through in vetro. It was all exposed off-screen. We don't need to go back to it.

Would Vivian fit onto the show in a short-term stay? Yes. She could definitely help with John's past. She could even throw a wrench in the business world. But to have her come back permanently, it's not happening. Sorry Viv fans...

• Members

Okay... There could be storyline potential for ANYONE. If the show really wanted to, they could bring back Thomas Banks, Jason Masters, Cynthia, Susan Adamson, Kevin Lambert, Lilli Faversham, Brandon Walker, etc. Should they? HELL NO! There's no need to. Why go out of your way to create some story for a character that's not really needed, when you already have a talented cast. Write for them.

Archived