Days: Rumors

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's with all the attitude? You asked what storylines Vivian could fit in and I gave my opinion of how Hogie/Days' writers could incorporate Vivian into some storylines. Asked and answered.

I've watched Days on and off for 25 years. I was not watching at the time that Phillip was sorased but I had read the summaries to catch up and I did know about Philip and Viv's relationship, which was what I referred to in my 2nd post on this topic. I've already said that the show flirted with the idea back then. Why bring up the fact that Vivian carried Philip in surrogacy etc and have Vivian become Phil's confidante when he had a falling out with Kate, if they weren't planning to do something with that story eventually? I wouldn't be surprised if Hogie decided to revisit that whole story again. After all, he's revisiting Sami's rape by Alan; Hope being kidnapped again; Marlena blaming Bo for her husband's death again; Shawn being manipulated by a psycho again. Why not the Phillip thing? The DNA tests could have been wrong and Viv, not Kate, could be Phillip's mother. It wouldn't take that much time for Hogie to change Phillip's maternity.

As I mentioned in my original post, the main thing that Days' execs are concerned about right now is ratings and bringing in fan faves who will bring back lapsed viewers. The show brought back Tony/Thaao a few years ago and he did very little for the ratings. Just a guess but if the show were to bring back fan faves like LS/Vivian, ED/Kristen or JM/Stefano, the main point would be to get the ratings back up. Stories are secondary to the network execs, just doing big events and bringing back fan faves to get the ratings up. Even though GH didn't quite get the ratings it wanted with the Laura return, it did manage to win the 18-49 demos outright during Nov sweeps and GH has had pretty good numbers since November. Even though I disagree with the sentiment, I can understand why network execs would care less about stories and more about stunt returns. Given the fact that Days hasn't consistently won the 18-49 demos and that Vivian was a popular character throughout the 90s, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hogie acceded to Corday or the network execs' demand to bring the character back to Salem.....

• Members

Vivian could know more about EJ and/or Benji. She's been off-screen for awhile, she was involved with Kristen and the Dimeras before, and the show could use an older female villain, imho, especially since Kate's shenanigans (and Kate getting away with everything) are kinda tired at this point. Plus the Dimera empire can't be entirely male. Since it doesn't seem at this point that they'll have Sami crossover, and they don't seem down to push Celeste or Lexie that way, why not bring on Vivian to play the part?

And she doesn't have to be Phillip's biological mother to be involved with him, Kate and Victor again. Heck, since she left Salem the kid's lost a leg and had radical plastic surgery. Her concern over all of that could be a decent rationale for her choosing to go back to Salem.

She could slide right back in, without a lot of the mess that someone like Tony would cause.

• Members

I think Kyle Brandt would've been great with Louise Sorel. I actually liked the Philip-Vivian relationship. Brandon Tyler was pretty good with Louise.

I think all the talk about Vivian/Louise coming back to Days has been around for years. I'm sure many Days fans miss her.

That said, Vivian could open up a lot of story possibilities; The DiMeras, Victor/Kate, Philip, John... lots of history to draw upon and grow from.

• Members

There's no need for an argument here. It's a difference in opinion. I see no need for Vivian. I'm not a huge Vivian fan and that's probably why. I thought Vivian was a joke towards the end of Sorel's run. I couldn't wait until she left and prayed she would take Ivan with her. It was funny at the time, but now that I look back, I would never want that comic relief back. NEVER!

To me, the Philip angle has already been done. I highly doubt they were flirting with any ideas back in 99. Sorel left that year, didn't she? I remember her leaving not soon after Brandon Tyler/JKJ came onto the show. So that idea's pretty much smashed. Sorel's departure was probably already announced before Philip was SORASed. I think it was intended to be that they discussed and told Philip the truth off screen. And much of Sorel's later run, she didn't even care about Philip. Why would she care now?

And for her to have information on EJ or Benjy? Why? :lol: That's pretty random. Maybe Calliope has information. Wait, perhaps Savannah Wilder knows Benjy's secret and she's the secret assassin. Get real, people. Haha!

• Members

Ok. Let's just squash it then. It seems on this that we have totally different ideas about Vivian, which is cool..

I still maintain that the show has already hired Louise Sorel, but we'll see in the coming weeks or so whether my supposition is right or not..... ;)

Archived