Y&R: Don Diamont Sounds OFF!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The story is literally too stupid to care about. Today, Bradski was talking about how he's lived the past twenty years worrying about his mother. Oookkaayyy...but Brad's been on the show for twenty years, so it's got to be thirty. And TIIC want us to believe some mean Nazis waited thirty years after WWII to slaughter Brad's mother and her family?

Then there's the sudden politically-correctness of it all. Rebecca sticks her arm out to show mean old Vic her faded tattoo. Vicki pipes up "ooh...that's right, you were in Auchwitz...", name-dropping the most infamous death camp like it's haute couture/history lesson. And even the reason Brad and Rebecca were spared is "we were delivering meals to the poor..". I guess just having a flat on the freeway wasn't noble enough? RME. It's just too many over the top details. And, btw...if there was anyone who'd not care about someone living under a new name, shouldn't it be Victor? It's not like he didn't hide his family story from the world for years.

• Members

I thought the same thing when Brad spit out the words "about twenty years ago". Hello LML Brad has been on the show for 20 years and before that he was married to another rich woman who came back and held him in a dungeon. Is Brad now De-Sorassed? No way are we going to buy that he is only 36.

• Members

Yeah, I'll "get over it" and so will the other 4 million viewers who help keep this show afloat and you will have nothing then! What an arrogant ass he comes off as. The s/l was stupid and a waste of time.

Exactly. He is a so-so actor, not God's gift to daytime. You can be easily replaced and find someone who can make your role worth while and make your acting look like child's play!

• Members

Telling fans, "You know what, get over it..."? Uh, what a bastard! How dare you tell people what they should and shouldn't like. We all have our own free minds and judgements to form our own opinions of things. How dare you tell us what we should think or feel! [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

It sounds like somebody has been attending the School of Eric Braeden Pontificating! Just add in the word "egregious" and he would have earned four HAPPYFUNVICTOR Smiley Face stickers. Don, you are not Eric Braeden, so just STFU! He seems to be really misinformed about the reasons why people don't enjoy his story.

• Members

SHEESH! Talk about a bad case of hoof-in-mouth disease! Yeah, DD, I'll get over it and pretty much have for weeks!

I don't mind Bradley being Jewish, but what I do mind is TIIC frontin' like Brad is such a little victim of his past that we're supposed to forget that he's an opportunistic, fortune-hunting man-whore who's always been "lucky" enough to marry "up."

• Members

That's just really rude. He definitely comes across as being arrogant. I find it really odd how, for the longest time, Brad has been a supporting character, and now he suddenly is headlining the show?? :blink: Also, mentioning that his character is the first high-profile Jewish male lead on daytime just bugs me. I don't understand why the show made such a huge deal about Brad really being Jewish. One storyline would have been fine, but the fact that they've been dragging it out all this time is too much. Besides, it's a little stereotypical and way-too PC IMO to associate Brad being Jewish w/ Nazis and the Holocaust. :rolleyes:

• Members

Exactly. I took history in high shool. I've taken couses in college. I don't need a PAS by Y&R to get the point.

Also, at the point of being politically incorrect, I'm just going to state the following.

The holocaust is over. It's been over for a long time. When pricks like Mel Gibson go off, it does reveal deep hatred for the culture, but are people really killing over paintings? ;)

The Mona Lisa is arguably the most famous painting in the world and it spawned the Da Vinci code because it created a mystery around the artifact. But LML wants us to suspend our disbelief and believe that a manwhore who never once said "Nava Nagila" is now worried about people knowing that he's probably got a secret stash since it is a common misconception that Jews are rich.

The story would have worked better if Brad had been hiding he was Jewish and trying to be white, Italian or whatever he is. He could've simply been ashamed of his history and worked to live it down. But no. He's Jewman, avenger of lost painting. :blink:

• Members

Well, most have summed up my feelings about the story and the statements of DD.

All I have to say is, yes it is nice to have someone that is of another faith in soaps, but the reliquary reliquary reliquary (can't even spell) made me want to do nothing but snooze. And don't worry honey, I am over it... I choose not to watch when you are on.

Archived