Y&R: Don Diamont Sounds OFF!

• Members

From SOW:

Don Diamont is striking back at critics of the Brad/George story on Y&R. "Contrary to some of the negative commentary that I have read regarding the storyline, I think it's wonderful," he contends. "It's out of the box. Anything that brings attention to that period of our history, to genocide, to the Holocaust, is wonderful. The farther away we get from it, the more important it is to keep it in the human consciousness, particularly when genocide is alive in the world today."

As for fans having to swallow the fact that Brad isn't Brad after all, "You know what? Get over it," he shrugs. "What should it have been? Mafia? Gee, that hasn't been done too many times. Not to mention the fact that I don't believe there's a Jewish male lead on daytime today, and if there was one previously, I don't know that it was as high-profile as my character and certainly not front-burner."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't comment on the storyline because i don't watch Y&R. However i have to comment about the fans "getting over it" it seems like TPTB at soaps are tellinf fans to "get over it" or it's just a soap alot. Looking at the ratings it's looks like veiwers are taking their advice and "getting over daytime" altogether! When their crying about being out of a job it will be viewrs turn to tell them "To get over it"!

• Members

It is not that we have a problem with Brad's story, at least I don't! Yes we need more religious characters like Brad in daytime, but what we do not need in daytime is another boring a$$ story that is poorly written. Victoria has become a pod and lost her backbone because of this storyline and the Victoria that I once LOVED and ADORED is nowhere to be found. DD should not tells us to get over anything, because if we start getting over it, it means we have lost interest in the story, the character, the actor and thus the show. If too many fans "GET OVER IT" DD might soon be getting the pink slip...LOL! I hate arrogant actors, not saying that DD is just comes off that way here. Blah...you are not the star of Y&R.

• Members

Damn right. He is supposed to stay in the background and look pretty. Seriously, he should thank Eilleen Davidson, because she carried him when they played opposite each other. And plus with Ash being a sperm stealer made Brad look good. Brad has always been a hot/cold character with me. I liked him with Traci the first time. And I liked him with BE Ashley.

• Members

Brad to me has always been a pretty face to look at! I loved him with Ash during the breast cancer storyline, but I don't know...I just have mixed feelings about this whole thing. It is wonderful to see a Jewish character in daytime! YAY!! But to be a good story, don't preach to us about the issue, tell us about the issue with a good story and entertain us with it!!

• Members

For years I've hated Brad and how they sacrifice other characters to prop him and now I hate Don Diamont! What an ass! The reason people hate this story is because it's catshyt, not because we hate Jewish people! This may be the most plot driven story I've EVER seen and he is nowhere near the actor to pull it off.

I can't wait for this shitty reliquary to get off of this show, it was Latham's biggest mistake, IMO. Now ship his ass off and bring back Traci!

• Members

Yes DD did blow his "BIG STORY." His acting was very stiff and wooden. A couple of times he was good. One thing he needs work on is the emotional stuff, becuase I still remember when Robert died. In the end he should have never been placed in such a frontburner storyline like this. Especially with actors like AH, JM, and SC. It's all in how you position your actors, and that's also why the Brad/Vicky relationship has thoroughly tanked.

• Members

I actually think this story would be much better if it were focused on Victoria. From the dangers of being married to Brad to his cheating on her and the way he bosses everyone around making her keep secrets, etc. And Ashley as well! The storyline should've been about the characters and their journey not a stupid reliquary. That is all it is, some familiar faces reciting facts about the Holocaust and reliquaries.

Archived