Y&R: Don Diamont Sounds OFF!

• Members

I've always liked the premise of the story from the get-go. I always thought Brads' mysterious past should have been tackled years ago, so I'm glad they finally got that out of the way. It's the execution and the on-going repetitive rehashing of the story that bugs the hell out of me. I wish they could at least move on to something new, while still keeping his history and past vague enough to the rest of the characters. They can always pull another rabbit out of the hat when they need it. Right now though, they just need to put an end to the Nazi/Art storytelling.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don Diamont has a personal connection to this story in that his name is Don Feinburg

http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=16222

The story itself may have been a little left field and could have been done better but having a jewish character on screen, especially when the US has the largest Jewish population, is well intentioned and important.

• Members

^Exactly. Don should sit down and watch this crap play out and then come talk.

Heck...

The new SOW has a section called "Staff Wishes for their Favorite Characters." This is what one staff member said.

"I wish that Y&R's Brad would find the Grugeon reliquary and discover it holds the formula to freeze Genoa City. Then everyone can stop talking about it."

So there, shove it Don.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Don Diamont, Don Feinburg or whatever u call yourself: Shut up! The reliquary SL is not out of the box, like being in the mafia isn't. It's a PSA. :rolleyes: Diamont is not a great actor so he should be lucky to be on a show like Y&R which has many other stellar actors (Bergman, Walton, Case, Cooper, Thomas Scott, Rowell etc). If u ain't great, you're expendable.

How many times have we seen Jewish/Holocaust SL on TV? Is that not formulaic, Diamont? Don't think that you being Jewish (you hide the fact that u were Jewish for more than half of your life & changed your name) makes u better than the rest of us.

Viewers dislike/hate the reliquary SL cuz it's poorly-written, poorly-executed, contrived & repetitive. Not b/c it has anything to do with anti-Semitism.

If u strongly dislike the reaction from viewers, Diamont, then you can quit.

I agree that the wonderfully talented E. Davidson carried Diamont during their scenes, the same way the under-appreaciated A. Heinle does every time.

• Members

Diamont is not a good actor IMO, but he is the perfect American soapstar.

The story sucks, its dreadful. Diamont's screen partner Amelia Heinle's performances are equally shallow. She just cant touch Heather Tom.

The most fascinating characters to have existed on Y&R in the past 20 years are Jill, Sheila, Ashley & Victoria. Jess' new story is horribly contrived, Eileen and Kimberlin are gone and Amelia has destroyed Victoria. So thats that.

• Members

Oh non, non, non mon amis. I like Jess Walton. And Jill is a phenomnal character, since day one. But the other ones listed as fascinating had me going WTF? Victoria? Ashley? Sheila? Hmm over Drucilla (and I ain't being bias, he said 20 years), Phyllis, Lillie, Michael, Nina, Uh uh... I liked Victoria (HT) an Ashley, but they are far from fascinating.

Okay, you know what, I'll give you Sheila, because she was working it back then. But today, she is way past her prime.

• Members

Don't forget his Thighs Of Steel, which he uses as deadly weapons...... :lol:

The way DD plays Brad has always come across as smug and arrogant to me, and he's said things in Soap Mag interviews that gave me the idea that he may be the same way in real life. I guess my gut instincts about DD in real life were right.... I'm all for him being proud of his heritage and such, but telling the few fans he may have left to "get over" his current craptastic storyline shows how egotistical he is. He's becoming the "Sonny" of Y&R, and we all know how well everyone likes Maurice Benard and the character he plays.....

Archived