24: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm finally caught up. Violent, violent, violent. It's becoming harder to watch. Cole was right. Everyone is a bad guy now.

From here on out it looks like Jack will go rogue. I can't imagine that the Jack character in the movies will ever be helping the next president or even being associated with CTU after this.

Also, did anyone ever find the body of the corrections officer inside Hastings office? It's still rotting in the walls.

• Members

Wow, you guys all just turned your back on this thread and Jack, didn't you? :lol: Fine, I will have the final word before we close this thread.

There was some major character assassination going on in the last few episodes. I hate what the writers did to the President. She became this weak woman who was manipulated by Charles Logan. I don't agree that she would be that desperate and betray her own values.

I can live with Jack going rogue, but it was a bit much. Plus, the ending reminded me of a few seasons back when he went on the run again.

Overall, I'd give the series a B+. It had far more highs than lows. I just wish I didn't have this shitty feeling that one of my favorite shows made some preposterous moves this season.

• Administrator

I'll never turn on Jack Bauer! LOL Sure he's crossed the line a few times, but so what, they deserved to die. LOL

I didn't like President Taylor becoming weak either. I mean, this was the woman who turned in her own daughter.

I was happy to see Logan again because he's such a weasel. I was LMAO when he was scared out of his mind and yelling, "THAT'S JACK BAUER!!" That entire sequence with Jack and the mask was so awesome.

Yeah, it was a set up for the movie.

I was very happy that the last scene of the series was with Jack/Chloe and I loved it when Jack said, "Who would've thought it would be you to have my back all this time." :(

I really enjoyed most of this season (the parts I didn't like was Dana in the beginning and President Taylor becoming weak) and give it an A-.

Overall, I give it an A+. 24 was such an innovative show - the first show ever to be in real time. I love all the action and cliffhangers. It truly was one of my all time favorite shows.

• Members

Omg I just watched the last two hours. I don't know were to start.

I don't think the President went weak in the way I think you two mean. I just think she wanted the peace agreement sooo bad that at that moment she was prepared to do basically anything to get it through. It would've been too easy storywise if she had just called the whole thing of right away.

When she did call it off, I think it showed unbelievable strenght from her. I don't think any of us can even imagine what this meant for her and for everyone involved... with that I'm talking about the fact that the peace agreement didn't get signed.

In fact ithink she showed strenght even when she didn't stop the peace agreement from happening when she found out about the Russians. She wanted it so bad, and belived it was the right thing to do in the end. She just let Logan (who's very good at what he does) manipulate her to adegree when she couldn't take it anymore. Then she had to stop it.

With that said I just have to point out that Jack is my all time favorite tv-hero! Oh, and Toupd, I would NEVER turn on him either, no freakin way! He's just awesome!

Toups, I laughed so hard when Logan realized it was Jack behind that mask... THAT'S JACK BAUER... :lol: :lol: One of the most enjoyable moments of the season. I was like "Goo Ja-ack, Goo Ja-ack", haha

The very last scene was so fitting. I'm really glad it was Chloe and Jack in that scene. Wow, did I cry or what?! And the ending was just what it was supposed to be a couple of years ago, when they did get re-newed and continued on. So I'm really glad they got to do it this way again, because it was really the only way for Jack to go... he just had to disappear.

Great acting from everyone... Kiefer, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Cherry Jones, Gregory Itzin etc.

Can't belive it's over. In Jack's memory (yes, I'm serious lol) I'll watch some old seasons + this last one (rating it A+ btw, and the whole show will gets an A+ as well).

Peace out.

• Members

I think the show wanted so badly to get Gregory Itzin and Charles Logan back on the show that in doing so they sacrificed the character of President Taylor. I just felt like my President betrayed me. How could she do that after I voted for her? :lol:

If there was no movie in the works, I would've loved the show to have ended with Chloe shooting Jack and then the clock ticks (silently). :unsure:

• Administrator

Yeah, in the end, she did the right thing. But I still shake my first at her. LOL

Sometimes I joke around and say, "What would Jack Bauer do?" :)

THAT'S JACK BAUER!!!!!!! Get's me everything! :lol: Jack looked so cool with the mask on, and taking down the secret service agents and then getting Logan.

Gregory Itzin is such a good actor. I loved watching Charles Logan.

That's how you would've ended it? Yikes! LOL I would've had Jack dying in Chloe's arms....and the clock ticks silently. :(

• Members
Haha, me too! And when I'm watching other shows I often say to my husband... " They should call Jack Bauer, he'll know what to do.". :lol:

Haha, I watched that scene again yesterday after I wrote about it. It was just as awesome this time around! :D

I wouldn't have wanted the ending you're talking about Jonathan. Movie or not, the ending they decided to go woth was the perfect ending. imo

The last frame we got of Jack looking up torwards the satellite... all zoomed in, and Chloe says "Shut it down". It was epic. :(

• 3 years later...

Archived