Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Members

I don't believe DAYS would axe Renee Jones(Lexie). I kinda doubt Shayna Rose(Stephanie) is leaving either, although I wouldn't mind it too much, she does kinda seem wrong to play Steve & Kayla's daughter. But I've warmed up to her.

Hey Ryan and EricaKane4Life and others, let's stop the fighting. Ok? This is a great board, the in-fighting sometimes mucks it up.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope this isn't true about either of them. I really like Shayna as Stephanie and had hoped she would get a good story of her own in time and not just being Steve and Kayla's daughter although I've enjoyed the scenes she's had with each of them.

Sometimes I think it's best not to go online because too many rumors go around and we never know for sure whether they're true or not unless they're confimed from a reliable source. :(

• Members

To me it all sounds like BS! To me, tv guide online or digest online would already have broken the story. Their always on top of that. It just seems like someone was bored or pissed and made it all up! This is how rumors start. Let me start one right now. I heard from a reliable source, can't say name, but they work for NBC and Days has planned to kill off john black early next year! The actor was informed this past week of his departure and the suprising dealth of how he dies. Rumor has it, kristen and the dimeras are involved! That's I know, stay tune, lol. Let's see how fast that gets around

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 20 2006, 02:19 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

You know, if they do dump Renee Jones, this would be the perfect time to bring back Olivia Barber on Y&R with Jones as the recast! What do you guys think?

No. Tonja Lee Williams is Olivia. I don't care how unavailable she is, she is forever Olivia. She's as unrecastable as Traci, Nina, Maime, even Christine

• Members

I just can't see them firing Renee Jones. I mean, why? It just makes no sense and Hogan loves Abe and Lexie.

I can understand if Shayna Rose was let go. And what does it matter that she's only been there for a few months? Hasn't stopped them before, or other soaps for that matter.

And the thing with Renee and the new contract ... just ask Matt Ashford.

Although, I don't believe Renee is going and until it's official, she is still a part of DAYS.

• Members

People say Hogan loves Abe and Lexie, but I don't see it. I see them sticking in their little bubble by themselves as the token black couple. Since I started watching DAYS a few years ago, I haven't been pleased with their writing.

Still to this day, what does Hogan have planned for them? Another medical crisis, that will bring them even closer together and keep them in their bubble.

What about splitting their boring asses up and integrating the characters into the canvas? Why not let Lexie and EJ have a relationship? Every other couple on the show is explored in depth except this one.

Losing Jones (especially if she could come to Y&R) wouldn't be a major loss to DAYS. Dumping Abe as well would free up enough money for Stefano and Kristen's return and we know those two would be better utilized within the entire canvas.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 21 2006, 08:28 AM)

People say Hogan loves Abe and Lexie, but I don't see it. I see them sticking in their little bubble by themselves as the token black couple. Since I started watching DAYS a few years ago, I haven't been pleased with their writing.

Still to this day, what does Hogan have planned for them? Another medical crisis, that will bring them even closer together and keep them in their bubble.

What about splitting their boring asses up and integrating the characters into the canvas? Why not let Lexie and EJ have a relationship? Every other couple on the show is explored in depth except this one.

Losing Jones (especially if she could come to Y&R) wouldn't be a major loss to DAYS. Dumping Abe as well would free up enough money for Stefano and Kristen's return and we know those two would be better utilized within the entire canvas.

At one point during Hogan's ATWT run, ATWT had the best African-American cast on daytime IMO with 5-6 very talented lead actors. The problem was they only interacted with each other and never with the rest of the cast. Eventually he botched it by having Marshall rape Jessica, now they're all gone except Jessica who is never seen.

• Members

Could there be some people who just can't let Reilly go? :D

I wouldn't be surprised at Shayna, even though she is the child of a supercouple. Lexie was backed into a corner somewhat, but I don't see why the character would have to be sacrificed and Renee let go for it.

I wouldn't roast Hogan over this. His writing is much, much better than anything we've had in the last few years. If Renee was indeed let go, this probably goes upstairs to NBC and Corday.

Archived