Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Darra, it is hard to know who to blame. I mean Corday knows fans want Joe and Eileen back. If the show is hurting budget wise, it will take more big cuts to get them.

I just hate that we are in a situation in daytime where we have to lose favorites to get favorites. It sucks.

What will even suck worse is if this wasn't done to get Joe & Eileen back, and was planned all along.

• Members

True, we don't know it wasn't Hogan.

But I seriously doubt he claimed to love Abe and Lexie while planning the whole time to write them out. Either Corday has applied big pressure on him or HS happens to a be a huge fan of ED and thinks it's worth sacrificing Jones to get her back.

• Members

Well, wasnt Hogie not allowed to do what he wanted at ATWT? And thus why he left besides being burned out. Why would he go to Days if he wasn't going to have control? He might as well have stayed at ATWT as a breakdown writer. I thought Hogie was given full control of writing what stories he wanted at Days? :unsure:

• Members

Holy Crap..this was true...I totally thought it would turn out to be a hoax...RJ has been with the show so long, I really can't picture Days without her...I guess losing her job was the kiss of death for Lexie..

Wow..this is going to take a while to digest...And dammit if Willow survives more cast cuts..I will be really pissed...

• Members

No...what you just described is an executive producer...and that's Ken Corday :P

I really don't think the reason Hogan joined DAYS was because he wasn't happy at ATWT. I think that he took a break from ATWT, liked it, vacated his seat as HW, Jean came aboard, he wanted his headwriter's seat back, DAYS made him an offer with alot of moolah, Hogan went for it.

*EDIT* Oh, and I just read over at another board that Renee's departure has been confirmed. Supposedly, (in some interview in a soap magazine) the cast is shocked and the cuts are gonna keep coming.

• Members

I am in just utter shock. I'm not going to rant and rave about how I'm not going to watch the show anymore even though Lexie was one of my favorite characters, just because that's stupid. I'm going to move on, but I will admit that I am sad about this news. It must be for bigger and brighter reasons (Eileen and Joe). I just think other people could have been let go instead of Renee. The DiMeras are being re-introduced to this show and Lexie was always my favorite DiMera, other than Stefano of course. We shall see what develops...

Looks like Shayna Rose is gone too.

Hogan Sheffer is not to blame for Renee Jones being let go. I don't know where fans get this thinking that head writers are allowed to fire actors. It goes back to the rumors about JER not liking Matthew Ashford. JER doesn't even know Matthew Ashford. JER never talks to the actors because he just wants to know the characters. Executive Producers are responsible for firing the actors.

• Members

Onto Stephanie i will not miss her at all..I feel she was totally miscast as Steve and Kayla's daughter...and they ruined the character by having her be a racecar driver and try to hook up with her uncle...

When Steve gets his memory back, Stephanie can leave for school or something...

• Members

I'm not liking Hogan's chances of true credibility anymore. I love the man as a writer. He's done wonders for DAYS. However, this man needs to keep his mouth shut about previews until it's closer to the episodes being aired. He raved about Abe and Lexie and how much he loved this couple. He said that he had plans to establish Stephanie as a character. Is it all just talk? I hope not!

Archived