Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Members

I have been wondering the same thing...... he signed a contract a few months ago I think, but that means nothing. I am afraid he will be let go as well, unless they are recasting Lexie. Which I would HATE!

And I don't get why, if they are not recasting, that they would let Renee and Lexie go, I thought they were rebuilding the DiMera's, and Lexie is a DiMera. One of the most major ones in fact.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know. This just DOESN'T make sense at ALL!

Maybe Lexie is going to be killed off? Maybe the show will finally put Abe and Celeste together!

Maybe rumours of Davetta Sherwood joining are true?

I don't know WHAT DAYS is doing with these characters right now, but they definetly made a MONUMENTAL mistake in firing Renee Jones.

• Members

OMG wow!! :o

This sucks big time!!

I mean I guess plans change unless Hogan's plans for a big story meant Lexie leaving or something.

I am stunned. RJ is one of the best. You kind of got the feeling yesterday that Lexie had lost her place but still. This has to be about Eileen and Joe

My concern is now Hogan comes off like a liar and alot of Days fans on the net will have a field day with this. This could've been a Corday move though. RJ has always been so loyal-they could have at least put her on recurring. I wonder about Jim now.

Shayna is probably out too I guess.

• Members

I feel this could be a Corday move perhaps, if he didn't allow Hogan to have the Abe/Lexie story he wanted mabye Hogan felt getting rid of Lexie would be the next best thing. I just don't know.

And, now I fear for most, if not all, of the African American cast, does Hogan have plans for Tek or Celeste? I think those two might stay, but Abe is the one I fear the most for.

Also, perhaps if Davetta does join the cast that mabye they will use her so they have another African American if Abe gets cut as well.

Now, if Abe is cut too, that really makes me feel like they are doing this for Joe and Eileen to come back. I hope they are doing it for that, because that would be the only good thing coming out of this.

• Members

I don't think this was Hogan's decision. I believe he was sincere about wanting to write for Abe and Lexie but Corday is desperate to make room for Eileen Davidson's big salary. It can't be a coincidence that ED's "shock" departure was announced in the same issue as Jones's "shock" departure.

• Members

I hate that this has been confirmed. I feel like she was the only one of the "older" known DiMera's that hadn't been overdone. I feel like there was still alot of her story to be explored.

I just feel this is a bad move for a lot of reasons. I see Abe getting some stuff out of this but in the long run I feel he will go the way of Jessica on ATWT after all the African-American characters were written out around her.

• Members

This is insane. I hate Lexie, but at least I can recognize her talent.

Why start the rebuilding of the DiMera's and cut her out. I just don't understand.

It has also been stated that she is not going to be the last to get one of those lovely pink slips. :angry:

• Members

I am willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt. While I will miss Renee Jones terribly and don't think she should be cut if it can be avoided, Lexie as a character has pretty much lost all my respect over the last year. Frankly I would prefer Shayna Rose survives, since I think she's only gone south in the last month or so, and has a lot of potential.

Archived