Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Members

I haven't given up on Bonnie. Although Reilly did something creative in pairing Mickey and Bonnie initially and making Bonnie such a sleazebucket, he never fleshed out her character or did much with her. I can't wait to see Bonnie vs. Victor. AND . . . was it just me or did anyone else's ears perk up when it was mentioned that Mimi doesn't know where her father is? Hmmm. What if Mr. Lockhart were to return as a Hogan "creation" just as JER altered Mrs. Lockhart?

I'm bummed, too, about Renee Jones (she would be awesome on "Y&R"). I really hate to lose her. And just think how tragic it will be for Stefano. His daughter Renee was murdered by Andre (the Salem Slasher), who was working for Stefano. His daughter Megan was electrocuted in a hot tub (Hope was the intended victim), and Stefano was blamed for this. Now Lexie may die, and it could be connected to E.J., another DiMera? And then, of course, there's adopted Kristen, locked away in a closet somewhere far, far away. It's tough being a woman in the DiMera family.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I *like* Bonnie and see potential for her...but I still find the character expendable.

It's a damn shame because Judy Evans is one of the best actresses on DAYS and she had not be able to really show her true talent with her 2nd stint at the show.

Evans should have NEVER been brought on as Bonnie in the first place, just as Taylor should have never been brought on as Roman....these are two of the biggest mistakes the show has made casting wise.

However, if we have to lose another big hitter, I would rather it be Evan's Bonnie, simply because the character just really will have no connection in town with both her children's upcoming exits.

Its too bad though, I would be all for Evans returning as Adrienne Johnson Kiriakis!

• Members

O.

M.

G.

I was completely fooled. I'm sure,because the name is so hard to remember, I'd be duped again, but the name really did look familiar!

still, I'm waiting to hear the real Gabe's scoop on this. Everyone is just ASSUMING the Lexie rumor is true, but Renee may not be going anywhere. There is no real confirmation.

• Members

I think Renee is drop-dead gorgeous and an excellent actress but something about her Lexie has always left me a little cold. I just can't care about her that much. I actually think Abe and Celeste have much more chemistry than Lexie and Abe, and I find Tek a weird kind of fun, so I hope Lexie's departure won't have a domino effect on the other black cast members -- since they're all connected to her story.

FWIW, a member of my S&K board found an email today that a very "reliable source" had sent her about a week ago, letting her know Shayna Rose had been fired. My guess is, she's a done deal too. I hate that, since I think she has a lot of potential, but I know that she never quite caught on for a lot of people in the role of Stephanie. I blame writing that was all over the map for her. Was she strong and independent or whiny and dependent on "Mommy and Daddy?" I don't think the writers knew. Shame.

• Members

I think Shayna has potential as an actress..But she really didn't fit as Steve and Kayla's daughter...Also they botched the character by having her be a racecar driver and falling for her uncle..We can blame JER for that..

After Steve gets his memory back and reunites with his family, they can send stephanie off for a while..and maybe recast her later down the line...

I just think its good that they are cutting someone from the younger group...And out of Chelsea, Abby, Max....stephanie is probably the least popular...

• Members

I think I read somewhere that Hogie didn't like the fact that the previous writing regime brought Stephanie back so soon. If that's true, I would have to agree with him. They probably should have left her off the canvas until Steve's memory had returned before bringing her onto the show. It probably would have been better if we had seen Kayla re-establish roots in Salem, including getting a job and house in Salem before starting this Steve/Kayla story.

Oh, well, what's done is done. I wonder if the show is simply going to re-cast the role or if Stephanie is going to exit from Salem all together?

Archived