Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Members

From Coffeerooms' Todays' board:

Wow, Days has fired two new people.

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/3865.html

Notwithstanding the nastiness of the last few sentences of this post, I decided to go ahead and post this rumor b/c Dustin also posted a comment to this post:

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/3878.html

If the rumor is true, I'm sad to see Renee go. She's such a beautiful actress.......

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just going back through what Sheffer said about Lexie/Abe and here's the spoiler for them:

Abe/Lexie/Tek

Tek gets himself fired. But he forces Abe to recommend him to the Sherrif's department. He will still try and split Abe/Lexie apart. Abe will have another health crisis that will play out over the next 6 months. But watch for something in Dec that will change everything.

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/150/4627.html

Could it be that the something in Dec is that Lexie dies? I don't know....

Anyone know Renee's contract status? Was her contract up so they decided to sack her or was this a storyline driven decision? Budget decision? Where's Jason47 when you need him?

• Members

Sorry ademption but I don't buy this at all. Maybe Stephanie but not Lexie. Hogan is just starting a major story for them and said he loves Abe and Lexie. The Dimera's are coming into play again and Celeste is back and Abe just signed a new contract. Renee also signed a new deal earlier this year. It all doesn't fit and this doesn't seem like a credible source.

I can see Stephanie going as it seems there is no purpose for her outside of being there for her parents but even I don't beleive that part. I could see them recasting but even then seems unlikely.

• Members

The awful actress playing Stephanie needs to be fired! PRAISE JESUS!

But Renee Jones? Not sure. The way they write her, basically stuck with Abe is terrible, but she's a fantastic actress. I wish they had paired her with Frankie and would work to integrate her into the canvas more. Abe and Lexie and boring and there is very little sotry at this time. Why not allow her to be a Dimira and develop a relationship with her brother EJ? New love interest? ANYTHING.

• Members

Again, I wouldn't have posted this rumor except for the fact that Dustin posted the comment that he had heard the same thing. He gets things wrong sometimes, but I still consider him a reliable source for things like this....

Wasn't there a rumor a few months ago that Matt Ashford said that 10 contract players were going to be fired from Days to compensate for the lower fees generated by NBC's renewal of the show? I thought I read that on this board, but maybe not?

I hope the Renee rumor particularly isn't true. Lexie has a lot of potential on this show, but if the show wants to cut back then both she and Abe are expendable especially if compared to J&M, Lumi, Bo & Hope etc.

I could care less about Stephanie. Shayna Rose hasn't developed a lot of roots so if the show wanted to get rid of her, I would be fine with it....

• Members

Well, this would be great news for me! Renee Jones is outstanding, but I haven't been a Lexie fan for a long, long time. If it's true, she'll be snatched up in a second. I think DAYS can focus on better characters than Lexie.

Both moves would be a step in a GREAT direction, I think.

• Members

Oh ademption it was fine to post it but I don't buy it. The potential for Lexie with the Dimera's returning is endless and Hogan clearly likes them and has plans for her and Lexie. Otherwise, Jim Reynolds would've never been resigned. Renee just resigned earlier this year so that is why I doubt it. There are just too many factors to go against her leaving. Yes, Matt did say that but some of us thought he meant total departures, meaning those fired and those who quit. Renee Jones and Jim Reynolds are probably not big hits to the budget and are extremely loyal. The show has ample opportunity to get rid of both over the years but hasn't. It just doesn't seem plausible, especially with story coming up for them. Now if cancer story was still going on for Lexie or if Abe and Lexie were backburnered, then I would buy it but that isn't the case.

Stephanie is possible because it could be a recast or just getting rid of the character since she doesn't have much on her own to do. We'll see about her but I don't see Renee being fired at all.

• Members

With Y&R hogging all the "black viewer demographic" for CBS, I think this is a really stupid move

by DAYS unless they have a new black heroine coming to the show or something.

WOMEN drive the daytime ratings, correct? Y&R is the only soap servicing black women viewers

and that's a potent block of viewers that can make a big impact on a show's numbers.

IMO DAYS has driven off enough fan bases with the J&J etc. firings. But then they probably have to

make room for Eileen Davidson's return, which won't come cheap.

• Members

If Abe IS having a health crisis to deal wit hover the next 6 months, how would killing Lexie off fit in? This is why I don't buy it.

Ashford did say that at a fan event.

So far, we have... and so far, only five have been cut... Ashford, Warlock, Hurzler, Clark & Peck whereas Reeves, Brandt, Cook and Fath are all leaving of their own accord and Brandt & Cook's characters are lined up with recasts (which may still aid the 'budget' regardless). That's nine, so who knows? Then again, we have Annie Burgstede suddenly on contract now, along with newcomer Blake Berris. So the budget thing? I find it hard to buy, as they're adding as quickly as they subtract.

• Members

I agree, Erica. I don't think DAYS is concerned about keeping or hooking African American viewers though.

Exactly. Joe and Eileen's names being bandied about. That weird, random Vivian poll on TVGuide? New Phillip? I think DAYS wants to have the room to do whatever they want, budget-wise. If the show was in a position to do whatever it wanted and have 40 casst members, then of course she wouldn't go....

Also, when Hoagie gave that interview about Abe/Lexie, Joe and Eileen were not unemployed yet. I don't think this is a coincidence that it's coming a week after ED's firing.

Archived