Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Stephanie was initially to be paired with Max but as that is no longer a viable SL I can understand their decision to divest themselves of the character before the viewers get too attached, but I happen to have a tremendous appreciation for Renee as an actress and I think that the show will be losing an amazing actress if they let her go and Days loss will certainly be another shows gain. :mellow:

• Members

The response to this pseduo firing of Shayna West says it all. I mean I can tolerate her, she's beautiful but there is just something about her that doesn't click and that doesn't click as Steve and Kayla's daughter.

As for Renee, yes, it is messed up, so I won't believe it until it is confirmed. I like Lexie and love Renee and agree about the demographics too. But I won't be that upset if she has to go.

I also agree with Steve, things seem to change very quickly at NBC, whether it be due to Corday (which is often the case as we see) or whatever. Because Hogan had his plans doesn't mean that it is going to happen :(. Corday ends up paying for it but it is ultimately we that suffer. In fact I haven't seen much of what Hogan promised but yes it is still very early.

I think Willow is temporary either way. Yeah she is on contract but that means nothing. It just means that she is figuring in this storyline now. DAYS had millions of characters like her and I certainly don't think people are being fired so she can get a contract.

• Members

Just wanted to provide an update of what Dustin said in reply to another poster about whether this "firing" was for budgetary/storyline reasons:

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/4031.html

Hopefully, this is much ado about nothing. My only concern is that Renee and frankly LK too are in that demo that execs have targeted over the past couple of months for firing (AMC's Barr, Y&R's Davidson)--women over 40.

I've just done a cursory glance of a few message boards and the majority response is shock. Some are even questioning whether to believe anything Hogan Sheffer has said in the past b/c he said fairly recently that he loved Abe and Lexie and had a storyline for them. Wow, the recriminations against Sheffer continue....

• Members

Yeah ademption I know. It sucks because whether this is true or not, and I tend to think it's not, it will be used as yet another anti-Hogan lightning rod by some fans who still don't have their couples together or whatever. It sucks but it is partly what is hurting Days's ratings right now.

Whatever the case I would beleive Renee is going before LK. I don't think Renee is going though. She has been a staple for years and I would think Corday loves her and Hogan has said many times he loved her and Abe. We had the Bope rumor rolling around last week and now this one this week. I honestly think some anti-Hogan people are making up crap and sending it to Dustin or something is being screwed up because there has been many of these rumors lately and almost all of them never end up being true.

• Members

I don't know Bree. All I know is there have been plenty of these rumors since summer all over the net, the most recent ones being the Bope one from last week and now this one. I haven't see one of them come true yet. The only reason why Renee may be singled out is because it is a way of saying Hogan lied and there is no story for Abe and her but why someone would choose to make up something about her rather then other big stars is beyond me.

This is starting to remind me of all the rumors during the SSK where there was something new every week coming out and we all had to filter through them and see what is true or not. Of course, most of them were not true then either.

• Members

Ooh, bad memories from the SSK days. I remember a Labor Day weekend from hell, when that storyline first started and some poster at Coffeerooms(?) said that some fans would be crying in their poison soup, implying that John would be one of those killed in the storyline. I remember so many people were upset and some said that they were crying. It was just bad.

I've learned my lesson (I think) and I don't post everything from coffeerooms (like I used to). I wasn't really clear on what Dustin meant when he said that he had heard something. I thought that he got his info from someone that he considered a reliable source, but maybe it is like that rumor about Bo/Hope leaving the show next year? Hope so. TV Guide or one of the soap mags should have the news pretty soon if it is true. So far so good. At least TV Guide and Soap Opera Digest magazines online have nothing about it. We'll have to keep our fingers crossed about Renee....

• Members

To me Renee Jones is the best actress on Days and maybe even the most beautiful. It would be a dreadful mistake to FIRE her. I believe this is a terrible, hurtful rumor. The person who posted that seemed to be giggling, if you can actually read a giggling comment, at any rate she was very giddy about it.

I'm not enjoying Shayna Rose but I am enjoying Anne Bergerdte (sp) a lot. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

• Members

EricaKane, perhaps so many people lash out at you because you have "scooped" a ton of things that never come true and then you give the "well things can change in the soap business" response, when really I think many just believe you make this sh*t up from rumours around the internet...kinda like Channa did back in the day.

Now I do think you are a good person with a lot to add to the discussion, so maybe add your own opinions and keep the "behind the scenes" "in the know" information to yourself....it makes things here more peaceful and keeps you from ending up with egg on your face.

Now as for this RUMOUR, like the Bo/Hope one last week...Im taking this with a HUGE grain of salt and will absolutely not believe this until SOD, SOD Online, TV GUIDE or TV GUIDE Online or Renee Jones herself confirms that it is true!

Until then, its not true to me and Jones is still VERY much with the show. I just don't understand, she just signed a new contract and Hogan was so positive about Abe/Lexie, doesn't SOUND RIGHT at ALL!

• Members

:lol: Awesome expression. Guess that would make you a brooking ass brat huh? :P

In Gabe's defense, he said the board was "littered with jealous assholes" - the statement implies that there are a few pains in the ass on the board, but certainly not everyone and not even the majority.

As far as topics relevant to the thread..............has Dustin EVER been reliable? The spoilers on that site are equivalent to premature ejaculation.

• Members

WORD!! Dustin, IMO is one of the least realiable sources on the internet and has been for YEARS!!

His rumours NEVER come true and all he is good for is spoilers, and even then other places have them first.

I don't think he has EVER broke news about a firing or return or anything like that....the more I think about this, the more I don't believe it.

Archived