Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the sad news, Andre. It's good to see you in these threads again....

Well, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, especially since Renee was blindsided by the news. Usually, the actors/actresses know when it's time to go to Ken Cordays' office and have a meeting with the big guy.

I guess the cast members are going to be on edge like they were during the Salem Serial Killer storyline--not knowing who is next.....

I have a feeling that Kate is going to be next, but we'll see.....

• Members

I would so want to quit watching because of this but I'll still watch. However, if Renee goes to another show I'll be picking it up.

It's pretty obvious Lexie's getting killed off? I wonder what will happen? Does Tek kill her in a jealous rage? Or maybe that cancer thing will return.

• Members

Why? Friends didn't have too much diversity at NBC and that show survived. Seinfield too, even though both were set in New York City--one of the most diverse places in the world. NBC is one of the whitest networks around. Why should their daytime shows be any different from their primetime shows. NBC execs don't care about diversity. They haven't for a long time....

• Members

DAYS doesn't "need" African-American characters. LOL, the show doesn't have a quota :lol: They either hire black actors or they don't. Because Jones was fired doesn't mean Sherwood's job is secure. That doesn't make sense. The show survived with just 2 black characters for years. They still have 4.

• Members

I just read on another board that Renee Jones just found out last week. I'm thinking that this was a recent decision and any storyline that Hogan S. said that Abe/Lexie had is off the table now. I'm just wondering if the show is going to have to re-tape stuff or if there's going to be major re-writing to compensate for this latest news.....

I would think that the next announcement of a firing will be Judi unless TPTB just decide not to renew her contract and wait to get rid of her when her contract expires.

I still say that Lauren Koslow has a target on her back. I don't care what people say about Hogie liking Kate/Lauren Koslow. At the end of the day, it's not his decision who gets fired.....

I would expect the older women to go first in this latest round of firings.... It's the industry trend right now....

• Members

I would expect Kate to have a target on her back too. I figure that if Kristen does return she will get whatever Hogie had in mind for Kate. When he wrote the stuff, ED wasn't available. I bet because fans love her so much Kate will go and Kristen will take Kate's place as grand diva in town. Plus Lauren's paycheck will look good in helping to get Eileen back too.

And Eileen is younger than Kate.

• Members

Well wow.

Honestly, I love Renee but I am not overly upset about this. Jones is good but has overall been wasted, her storyline has been repeated in abundance. It was getting tired. And after what Lexie did I don't see her character being redeemed as a doctor. She was written into a corner, a corner that only JER characters work their way out. I am upset at her firing for the reason that many others are, the show does not cater to minorities. I think that is what is going to stand out more about her firing rather than her being a veteran and of course, being a great actress.

I hope Shayna Rose's is confirmed soon. I can't stand Stephanie now and her "oh my parents must be together". Seriously!

And, since this is true, DAYS BETTER be getting Eileen Davidson now. If they continue to fire favorites and not bring them back they will suffer even more.

That would suck, but then again, Lexie's name was mentioned. And to be honest I've seen more of Billie in the past 3 weeks than I have of Lexie.

Pinson is great and I am glad they are finally making Billie a real character now. I would be dissapointed if she is let go, but then again, until recently she has hardly been used with purpose and would therefore be the easiest person to let go.

I think Lauren Koslow is safe, Kate was a diva before Kristen, during Kristen and after Kristen. Kate is just a central character right now to too many stories, particulary EJ Wells.

I thought Judi announced earlier that her contract was renewed. Wasn't it renewed with one of those episode limitations or something? But again, I guess that means nothing.

I want to be upset over some of these firings but a lot of them I guess are a bit more purposeful and DAYS is not filling the screen with newbies/youngsters. The vets are still very prominent. Yes there are Nick and Willow, both of whom I can't stand, but they don't have entire storylines revolving around them like other shows do.

• Members

Kristen could be a diva too. And when she comes back she will need to have more of an agenda than just to come between John & Marlena. That can be part of it, but I think to stick around and be a viable character there has to be more to her than that. So I think Hogan will transform her into an even bigger diva, and give her more of an agenda. That is if he brings her back.

I know that writers can change, but Hogan's style with one note characters was to bring them back for short terms. Julia Larabee on ATWT became one-note, and only came back to cause trouble for Jack & Carly. That was her only purpose. He used James Stenbeck the same way. He floated in, caused trouble, and then floated back out. They were never given contracts.

I just don't think Days will spend the money it is going to take to get Eileen Davidson and bring her back for a short term. Fans won't be happy with that either.

• Members

Honestly what has Hogan done for DAYS?? He hasn't done wonders. Yes DAYS is better right now, getting true to form of course, but I wouldn't call that wonders. You need progression with excitement mixed in with the good drama, character interactions, etc.

With all these cast cuts, it seems that any positivity surrounding DAYS has gone done completely, especially since DAYS is really not must see TV. It's crazy. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well just to me as more an outsider who only watches part-time, the biggest thing hurting them in the casting department is the ones they have put on contract lately esp. Willow is not a fan favorite. And then cutting fan favorites. That doesn't go over well, and does diminish the positive feelings toward the show. At least when the were cutting before they weren't announcing new castings or new contracts. When you do that together, people concentrate on the negative more.

Archived