Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I get the feeling a recast will come later and they are just dropping the character. The deep, dark secret may play a part in her leaving or she may just leave once Steve and Kayla are together and he has his memories. There is no one they are pairing her with seemingly and she has little purpose right now so they will probably rest the character and bring her back in the future. I don't mind if they recast or go with dropping her. I like Shayna but it is clear Hogan thought it was the wrong time to bring her on and didn't like the previous regime putting her on so I think the character is done for now if she leaves.

• Members

I agree, PR. I think it could be a while before they recast the part. It's interesting that none of these rumours have mentioned anything about a recast. When Jason and Kyle announced their departures, it was immediately suggested the parts would be recast. HS probably feels the character needs a breather since they made such a mess of her introduction.

• Members
Well HS said in that video interview (at Soapnet.net I think) that he was putting the younger characters lovelife kind of on a hold for a while. He also said he loved Shayna and when he was gonna start writing for her we were gonna love her as well. So I'm guessing HS didn't have much to do with her being fired. That is if her being fired really is the case here.

• Members

I hope Lexie goes out with a bang, if she must go. Like someone else, I'm a bit concerned about the domino effect taking all the Black actors off the show, since she's the key point in the triangle. Except as pertains to Tek. I still feel that Tek and Patrick are the same basic character and need to go away.

About Shayna/Stephanie- I'm kinda glad. I think I'd rather the show focus on a smaller group of characters, particularly with respect to the younger set. And I'd rather they give airtime to Abby, played by an actress I like better. Honestly, I think it'd be interesting if they killed Stephanie off.

And Willow...yeah. I would prefer Lauren the surrogate- she rocks. But Willow feels like a good short-term character to me, so they can keep her and dump some others if they must.

• Members
Why is it that people often thinks it's a great idea to kill a character off if they want him/her to leave? Why can't she just leave? So silly. imo

Personally I don't think it would be interesting to kill her off at all. I want Steve to get to know his little girl, and I really don't want Kayla to go through another loss. I rather see a re-cast in a while if Shayna is out.

• Members

Leaving is cool, but it's easy, imho. And a well-timed, real death can bring good storyline. I like the idea of how tragic it would be to kill off Steve and Kayla's daughter- who he remembers, who's been her connection to Steve for years. I'd also like to watch the actors in that kind of storyline.

Silly? Maybe. But, imho, might as well take advantage of one of the recent departures to do something other than "I'm leaving town now for some contrived reason, probably a job offer" (see: Austin, Carrie, Frankie, Jack, Jenn).

• Members

In the checkout line at the grocery store today, I flipped through the current edition of Soap Opera Digest, and one of the headlines was about a Days actor being fired. Had to flip lots of pages, but it verified that Lexie is gone. I didn't read much more than that, so I don't know what the exit will be or if there will be a recast.

• Members
I get what you're talking abuot, and I garee to some points. But I just think it's so funny when people don't like a character or actor/actress they want them dead. :blink: So drastic. I just think it's better to have a character like Stephanie to just leave instead of dying. Because since she's Steve & Kayla's daughter there's always a possibility for her to come back. And I think its better if she didn't came back from the dead like every other soap character.

Archived