Days: Rumor of 2 cast firings

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, if Alfonso is fired, I won't be too sad, but not to happy either, I would mostly be neutral.

And also if Alfonso is fired it would be so weird because King just wrote Hope out of his blog, ad then the Renee Jones news broke a few days after he got rid of Lexie. :huh:

• Members

It would suit me if it is Max. His character is rather a sore thumb without Frankie and Stephanie....especially Stephanie who tied into the racing scene and there is no reason to keep Max on the show in my view. The racing circuit just needs to be taken out. EJ isn't really tied to it.

• Members

I could never see Reckell or Alfonso being axed, they're still bankable. Only if one of them wanted to leave the show themselves, a la Melissa Reeves.

I'd love it if it were Julie Pinson. Talk about overrated, plus the character just bounces from one supercouple to the next, trying to be the annoying 3rd party to each.

• Members

Well, I kept trying to pressure wardrobelady to give me a hint. Here's her reply:

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/5973.html

So here's what I said to her to keep the pressure up:

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/5977.html

Then wardrobe lady's final reply:

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/5978.html

So I don't know what that means, but with all of the flack from the Renee Jones' firing, I can only imagine what flack the show could get if one of the big 4 were to get fired from the show....

• Members

I hate to think it but I think it may be Lauren Koslow. Julie Pinson doesn't fit in with those descriptions. Jim Reynolds may since he has been on the show for years. I worry about Lauren because it seems they are priming Chelsea to be a younger version of her. I can't understand why they are doing this. I know about the budget but if getting rid of someone huge needs to be done to get Eileen or someone else I don't want. I want some returns but not at the expense of the talent we have.

I am really worried about this. Keep the pressure up ademption because I really am dying to know because Days doesn't need anymore fuel to add to the fire.

I don't know if it will be Drake, Dee, Kristian, or Peter. I just can't see them doing that to either of those 4 to be honest. That would be a HUGE uproar.

• Members

I think Bo, Hope, John, Marlena, Steve, Kayla, Lucas and Sami are all safe.

My guess: James Reynolds or Julie Pinson get the next pink slip.

What about Ashley Benson? Is she guaranteed a SL on DAYS, without Matt Ashford/Missy Reeves? :rolleyes:

• Members

I thought that she was trying to keep it ambiguous. But I'm just trying to hope for the best rather than thinking about one of the top 4 getting fired.

By the way, I asked wardrobe lady just now if she could give a reason for these firings. Budget cuts? Storyline driven? To make room for Kristen/Stefano? I know it's trifling but also asked whether Andrew Samonsky was hired to play the new Phillip and whether Will would be recast? So hopefully, she'll reply to some of my questions so that we can settle once and for all some of these rumors spreading on the net lately about casting changes....

http://www.w3pg.com/w3-cgi/getmsg.pl/3/6107.htm

• Members

The bleeding just needs to stop, it's too much at once. And I don't even want to think about the possible 'icon' getting cut that would create a major uproar. As much as I want Eileen and Joe back (and I DO), I don't want it to be at the expense of so many other cast members that I love and have stuck with the show, while both ED and JM left on their own.

• Members

HUGE doesnt even begin to describe what would happen I don't think. Us DAYS fans have gone through enough the last few years, and they bring Hogan on to give us some hope for this show. I totally understand having to get rid of some people for budget reasons or whatever, but one of those four?! I really can't even imagine. If it's one...or more...of those 4 icons, I would really start worrying about DAYS' future to be honest. With BIG losses, and the Brady/DiMera feud coming up front and center again (seemingly), I could easily see TPTB simply bringing everything to a big close....for 2009. Not to be all negative and bring the possibility of cancellation into this...but it all just makes me wonder sometimes.....wrap up some stories now, bring back some big characters to wrap those stories up for good in the next two years...and there you have it.

Archived