Mad TV: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MadTV sucks. It hasnt been good in years. Its been struggling for years and barely hanging on and the final nail in the coffin was Stephanie Weir leaving last year , them firing Danielle Gathier and losing Seth Myers. They have absolutely no one carrying the show now and the current comediens just arent cutting it. Nicole Parker is alright but she's nothing special. Ike is funny but he was much better with Myers and losing him hurt Ike. Im still watching but unimpressed overall.

On a side note, did anyone see the High School Musical skit a few weeks ago? B&B's Drew Tyler Bell was in that as a backup dancer...lol. I had it on tape and noticed him singing and dancing

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm sorry, they fired Danielle Gaither? Um, what the heck made them do that? Granted, I didn't feel she was the show's answer to Sullivan or that other girl (Deborah Wilson), but still, how can they expect to build a solid cast again (which they DON'T have now), if they don't give people time and cast them aside after they've, for the most part, NOT caught on (of course I speak of Bobby Lee)

I wouldn't say this is the worst cast since the golden years. Arden Myrin, Michael McDonald, Crista Flanagan, Nicole Parker...they're worthy performers. Jordan Peele has his good days and bad. Mostly, though, I think it's the writing. The "High School Musical" skit you mentioned SUCKED. I've noticed that musical parodies are their weak point. (Sadly, they don't know that.)

Oh well, Housewives is about to come on so I better shut the heck up.

• Members

Pine Charles, point taken. But the writing AND the personalities were better back then. I laughed out loud at that clip you posted. it was funny. "high School Musical," on the other hand, was cringe-inducing, much like ANY musical parody MadTV tries these days. Although I must give them props for the R.Kelly parody of that song he sings that's like a boring overdramatic novel...(is it R. Kelly)? Well, some of you knwo what I'm talking about. It's too late to recall it now.

Archived