Lost: Discussion Thread

• Members

There will always be people, for every show, who will say in the end: I told you so! Even though they knew [!@#$%^&*]. Waiting for the end warily afraid that in the end it might turn out to be worthwhile, but secretly hoping it doesn't. It's just classic.

These same people, like bellcurve, do the same thing (pimp shows and people, propagate propaganda :P, like the shitty no-actess Dahlia Salem or shitty non-show Port Charles) elsewhere Lost people do in Lost threads, blogs, websites...

What does that mean?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am just happy for people who liked it. I am. Honestly.

But I do openly wish for every newspaper, blog, blog comment, message board post... to pour enormous amount of excrements on it and for Lindelof & Cuse never to work in TV business again.

• Members
Exactly what it says. I don't get my kicks sh*tting on LOST.

LOL. That's a fair enough comparison. But I get the feeling many LOST fans watched this ridiculous show because people heralded this show as some sort of brilliant drama. I gave it a fair shake. There were several things I liked about this show and several things I didn't. But the hype surrounding this show(at least from co-workers and media) was ridiculous, from the sheepish followers of this show that wanted yet another thing to watch to relate with their co-workers to the kids who started watching the show in college and thought it was KEWL that these people were trapped on an island with all this mysterious sh*t surrounding them and thought of this as some sort of boon to the drama series. :rolleyes:

Slinging insults at me and at stuff I like(for expressing my opinions or detest for this series) isn't gonna make the finale more satisfying.

• Members

LOL.

Because at its best, it really was. The problem is that in a substantial amount it was equally just plain baaaad. Plots that went nowhere, characters that went nowhere, poor structuring and plotting, awful dialogue... The dismal ending that was the final nail...

In the end, it just wasn't your kind of a show. You should've asked me before you started watching and I could've spared your the trouble, honestly.

Shows like these, with some fans who don't know when to stop pimping it and when to just... stop it all, always inspire negativity precisely because incessant praise awakes the total opposite in some people. It's always like this. Those who pimp need to stop, those who find the praise obnoxious and feel the need for revenge — need to stop to. Never gonna happen, but...

It most certainly won't.

Now all that's left is for EricMontreal22 to tell us his thoughts. :P Eric, where are you? :intrigued:

• Members

Here I am :yes:

I'm with you, though I'm not quite as upset about it all as you, for some reason. I actually, despite myself, did find the ending emotionally satisfying on *some* level--I admit I was moved even while the whole time I was cursing the show and the direction it had taken. But NOTHING makes sense and it certainly taints the past seasons simply because now we know they didn't even know how to answer half their questions. Lazy, lazy, LAZY. It's the kinda ending that I think can make a fan look back at all their time watching the show with resentment.

• Members

I bailed on Lost at the beginning of season three because I realized that they were clueless and I was being jerked around. I might not have cared as much if I was enjoying the show. Anyway, I tuned in for the finale which I liked though it was predictable and did not tie up a lot of loose ends. Of course, they were all dead and reuniting to leave together. It was the only explanation that would make any sense at this point. The joy and love as the characters reunited in the church was touching. It is fitting that they would go on as a group as they finally moved on.

• Members

I was not moved because, even though I loved the portrayal of love on this show, I find Titanic-ky last whistles in an icy ocean to be totally out of place on this one. That was further destroyed by the New Age overtones they gave it.

It just totally fizzled out. Totally. I think it will be forgotten by next week. It won't even be parodied because it's so bad and because it would be tiresome and the joke would get old quick.

With this sort of ending, I wonder if it'll have a "legacy" at all.

And what will happen to all those (under)graduate courses on the show, à la David Lavery or Sarah Clarke Stuart, many universities offered... I guess they'll put a new spin on it.

• Members

OK, I can go with the ancient civilization thing. I sure can. But WHY Taweret?! Of all the Egyptian gods and goddesses, why pick the most obscure one? And I get that I partly replied to my own question and that there is no answer to this one.

Not only that, but Taweret doesn't even look like herself, the statue looks more like Sobek. Taweret, depicted always with "arms and legs of a lion and the back and tail of a crocodile (or even a complete crocodile perched on her back), while her pendulous breasts and full belly conveyed the idea of pregnancy" who is a consort to the god of evil.

:blink:

Absolute sh*t.

Now we need to hear from marceline, Jack Peyton, Elsa, MarkH... And many others I'm forgetting now.

• Members

And you probably should be.

Their strategy was basically this:

1. Lie. Lie a lot. As much as you can.
  2. Invent a bunch of [!@#$%^&*]. We know we have absolutely know idea ourselves what this show is about so let's keep viewers coming back by adding inane plot twists, latest storytelling devices (flashbacks, flash-forwards, flash-sideways), a plethora of absolutely irrelevant allusions to great philosophical and literary works and lots and lots of bizarre, just-throw-it-in-there events/people/stuff.

They should've used their shitty storytelling abilities to say why Hurley never lost any weight. For example, the Island has 'magical powers' that make you keep your weight or some other inanity. :wacko:

Archived