Lost: Discussion Thread

• Members

Sorry, i thought that post with the link had more in it. Guess i forgot.

About that link, i agree so much with it. Its pretty much how i feel, looking at it from the point of view that the show was about the mystery of this island, and as much as im a character fan, the show was always about the island and the mythology. the writers promised it was mapped out and everything would connect. They lied. I dont call knowing the final shot a plan for a series...

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was just like you said: watch the pilot, a few other episodes sprinkled here and there, watch the finale and you're all set. It was just a movie. Or a mini-series. It all just sucks. I love it how Nations had to plug J. J. Abrams into it saying they used his finale. No sh*t. That's a lame-a*s cop-out too.

As for those who think finales which ties ALL the loose ends should not happe, I kind of agree. I also do not agree that people shouldn't die in finales, even though it does feel lame, I always imagined a bitter, tragic end for this show. Which this kind of wasn't. These people were just cursed and happy-ever-after seemed like a no option. It should have ended with a question, but not a megahuge one, just a tiny little question. And sans New Age preaching, string cues, tugging at heartstrings...

But, watch this (and read this, because of Lindelof: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/lost_finale_proves_never_trust.html)

<iframe src="http://videos.nymag.com/embed/player/?content=PWFPWC1MDH903Y8V&widget_type_cid=svp&title_height=24" width="616" height="428" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

• Administrator

Yeah, once the cork was unplugged, Flocke lost the ability to turn into smoke so MIB's soul was "trapped" in Locke's body. This is one of the things that easiest to understand. LOL

• Members

It's just so dumb... Meaning, if it if it robs you of your body and turns you into smoke, but also stops you from jumping into bodies, how on Earth did you jump into another body?

I'm reading The Times, Boston Herald and Guardian reviews and they all seem so indifferent and safe. It's as if no one really gives a damn. Oh, well.

• Administrator

As a viewer, there were so many tragic moments and deaths and made me sad throughout the series, so I for one like happy endings, romance that has happy endings, and I like tugging at heartstrings. It makes me feel good and smile. :)

BTW, you have to fix that link, it doesn't work.

• Members

I am sort of proud I was on the right track in my explanation of the alt timeline and when people went in and all that. I have to admit I am sort of bummed now that I know it because I have had the chance since to discuss with people what actually happened on the finale and now I can't take part in the debate because I know the truth, and the debate is half the fun. One person gave me a cool theory that the last scene with the wreckage meant everyone died at point of impact except Jack. Jack did stumble out and Vincent did approach in the pilot but what actually happened is he died as we saw in the finale. They even had a cool Wizard Of Oz theory about why the monster was black smoke: because as Jack lay dying he saw the black smoke from the wreckage and created this whole story to help him die in peace. It was such a cool idea and well thought out I did not have the heart to refer them to the link.

Archived