Days: TV Guide Spoilers Sept 4-10

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do like the idea of EJ righting his family's wrongs, or trying to make Sami his "Queen of the Night." He may have studied up on Stefano's arch enemies before he came, and also might be trying to unite the DiMeras again as a force to be reckoned with. If he tries to bring Lexie back to the dark side again, I'm all for it. When the DiMeras were dark and gothic, but loyal, it was good. When the DiMeras were bad cartoon villians, it sucked. Hopefully the former is what we get.

• Members

I do like the idea of EJ bringing out the good instead of the bad things that have happened with the Di Mera's.

Just to point out, someone mentioned that why would Lexie and Abe be apart if this has to do with the Di Mera's? Well, if they are trying to make things right, good or truthful, then it could make sense since she was deceiving Abe. However, it could have come out because maybe they didn't want her involved with Tek, since he is on the Salem PD and it could cause her to be in danger and as a result, she did lose her marriage. Just a thought...

• Members

When the casting call went out for the British sounding actor, I read that this is the first character requested by the new writers. Whether that was true, I can't verify the source now, but that is what was written so I always had in mind that EJ is Hogan's first real addition.

If EJ is the glove, the either he or he ordered Patrick to, murder Eve. That is not very benign behavior. I don't give EJ good credits at all until proven otherwise. Remember that Riley quit May 15th and temp writers were trying to carry on the show until Hogan could come on board. EJ arrived in Salem May 30th and the glove in June.

• Members

There are many interesting ways to go with EJ being involved, which is why I like it despite it being predictable:

-Sami as EJ's queen of the night a la Marlena/Stefano.

-EJ trying to right wrongs by others or by the Dimera's.

-A new generation of Dimera's (something lost when Rex and Cassie were made Brady's)

-could lead to a Dimera resurgence.

-Sami hooking up with a Dimera a la what she did with Tony in 2002-2003.

There is so much there. The Patrick part is lame but with Hogan maybe he can make it interesting. With EJ though, there is so much there and I just love this if true.

How would he be a hack?

There would be two gloved hands. Predictable? yes. Bad idea? Not in EJ's case as many stories there.

Victor makes sense but I like this too. You saying Hogan is a hack is ludicrous to be honest.

Days has two good writers in Hogan and Beth and we are already seeing good stuff so I say Days is on good shape and so far nothing I have read or heard makes me think otherwise.

• Members

How is it illogical if he isn't the only one involved?

I like JER too but even I can despise what the show became. I defended it and enjoyed it but once April and May came around it became apparent change was necessary and seeing what I see now on Days I thank heavens they made the change because I have not been so into the show and looking forward to everything like I am since the mid 90's. The fact that you hate Hogan because he is reversing the mistakes JER made actually kinds disgusts me. Yes, it is your opinion but hating a HW before we actually see anything play out is unfair. I don't know where you think he hates JER. I am sure they respect each other but Hogan is trying to do what is best for the show. That has nothing to do with JER personally but it does have to do with what he did to the show hence the changes.

I know this is moot since you are a JER fan, much like I still am as well, so there is no convincing you but your claims in your post were ridiculous honestly.

• Members

The last of JER's suggestions even have been played out. We were told that weeks ago. This is not a JER plot. It is one developed to tide over until Hogan takes over. We also were told that.

EJ is not a good guy. Anyone who orders others to do his dirty deeds and when they make a mistake like Eve did, is ordered killed or killed by him, is definitely not a nice guy trying to right the evils of his forebears....if that the case.

This is our first mystery and I am enjoying it very much. Why the scrambled eggs? Why does EJ ingratiate himself on Sami while at the same time is tormenting her? Why Steve, why Lexie? Why involve Chelsea? Actually, I'm still not certain that it isn't Dr. North behind EJ. EJ lies. Remember how he looked when Sami was asking about his family? He said he never met his father yet the other day when they were fooling with the ham radio, he said his father had several sets. Of course, he could have been in contact with his father by ham radio and they discussed them, but that is not feasible as conversations can be picked up by anyone tuned in. So, what do you make of that remark. Also, he doesn't know his mother. Who is she? We are going to get blown away by the answers later on.

Archived