Days: TV Guide Spoilers Sept 4-10

• Members

Neither EJ nor the Glove are Hogan creations. James Scott taped his first episode in early May. That means EJ was put into the scripts in March at the latest. This was long before Hogan or even Beth were in their jobs. Judging by JS's comments, it sounds like it was the DAYS producers who decided to bring him in...the interim writers then had to make a plan as to how to use him. The glove is "classic" Reilly.

Although this is a little predicatable, I don't blame Hogan for taking the easy option. It's not his story so you can't expect him to be too invested in it. He rightfully points out that the glove gimmick been "milked to death" and clearly just wants it off the canvas.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, it is not spelled out, however the implication is crystal clear even though it probably won't be revealed for a while. Rumor has it that Kate is blamed. But we know that Eve let John get too close to her and she became a security risk to their plan. As far as any other DiMera doing it, we haven't been told of any other DiMera around Salem but just that EJ is behind the glove and he is a member of the DiMera clan.

• Members

Whoa. Hogan says that the black glove mystery has been "milked to death" and it's only been happening for barely two months now! Compared to Reilly's other "mysteries," I was still considering this one fresh and new!

Thank God for having a new, talented soap writer on my show. Thank God!

• Members

The one good thing about Hogan coming on is the possibility of not dragging on these convoluted stories like JER did. JER has good execution, but his follow-through blew chunks (the suspenseful and scary beginning to the SSK, then Captive Island, then Castle Crap). I think the glove mystery is a good one, and yesterday's scene with Sami on the phone proved if done right, it could be another creepfest, but I don't blame Hogan for wanting to wrap it up and get to why EJ is REALLY in Salem.

• Members

I know! Just imagine Stefano just walking into the Brady Pub and asking from some clam chowder or walking into some HUGE event. The ratings would be sure to surge the following few episodes if that would somehow go without any leakage.

• Members

LOL, I read spoilers and still get surprised. It's quite different reading a black and white conversation than seeing it in actual performance, which makes it very different, at least to me. Also some spoilers seem to fade away so maybe that was something written out and refilmed. Just watching the actors faces in their lines makes all the difference in the world. Good luck with going spoiler-free, though.

• Members

I'm not a fan of the Dimeras anymore, even if they return to their roots and whatnot, so that's not a plus. But if they actually follow through and develop the character, something they really never did with Patrick and Tek, that'd be nice. If only to show that they can actually do it.

Archived