DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually love nick. I am so glad they brought him back and that even though the initial storyline fell through, they crafted this one. Blake B is terrific and playing him so well.

As for Will/Gabi, a lot of people just find it totally unbelievable they they would have sex and i cant even comprehend that thought because i just dont get what is so out of this world about a gay guy and a girl sleeping together. Seriously, google it. The internet is full of stories of this happening, and some evn very close to how it actually went down. Id share mine, but this aint the place for that lol.

• Members

Yea, and they seem to want to try and do that with Billie, but her history is so scattered it doesn't work. But it works magically with characters like Nicole and Kate. Kate it seems has never truly had her own story, but she's basically been front and center for nearly twenty years and her character just WORKS. Days would be dumb to lose her. I would love to see Kate either team up with or go against Kristen as far as Nicole is concerend.

• Members

I think Billie really works in that arena too, but its the way its done. She literally pops up and vanishes within minutes. Billie just isnt needed for it, because we have Kate playing the same thing and they have all the connections with the same characters. Lucas plays this role too.

Im just sad we didnt get a Billie/Jen/Kristen reunion for a moment. Those three are my favorite friendship ever and to have them all back on the canvas, played by the original actress', and not all share scenes together is such a waste.

• Members

I agree, they don't use her across episodes, and that's why her "spreading the news" or commentary has not been as effective. I like her though. I don't think she has entirely the same connections as Kate or Lucas though. I think she could have interacted more with Nick, since I believe she and Nick were in a story together when he was first on. It might have been interesting to see her disagree with her mother or Lucas about trying to get custody from him, especially if she felt like Will didn't want it either. Also her friendly reaction to Hope at the wedding despite their past of fighting over Bo could have been explored more (especially with Bo not being on canvas). They could be unlikely allies in some kind of new joint venture.

These are just impressions of a previously fleeting Days viewer of course. Pay no mind if they don't make sense.

I didn't realize she, Kristen, and Jennifer were friends -- that does sounds like a missed opportunity.

• Members
I thought she said "Hey there Brady" but granny sounds funnier

I love how Billie is bein utilized. She truly is a great supporting player

Sami kept saying Gabi did something that could have landed her in prison. What is she talking about bc I dont think she knows about the Melanie stuff

Loved the Will/EJ material. They have a great relationship and i love how EJ supports him

• Members

I love Billie as a supporting player, too, if only because LR and LK seem to get along so well. There is a real tenderness and friendship there and having Billie as a sounding board for Kate adds layers to my fave character on Days.

I had forgotten about Jen, Billie and Kristen being BFFs back in the day. I would love Billie and Kristen to meet up again. Kristen needs a sounding board, too.

Loved those Will-Sami scenes. And jp I love Nick and BB too.

• Members

If you blinked you missed that. LR would have been great supporting in this story, she could have been a friend to Kristen considering they've never had a fallen out, her mom (Kate) was a Dimera, and there was never any bad blood between the Reeds and the Dimera's that I can remember. I just makes sense... Another missed opportunity I guess.

• Members

Kate is the most outstandingly useful character on the DAYS canvas, if not the daytime canvas generally. And that's all down to Lauren Koslow. She makes every single scene work. Regardless of the writing regime, and we all know there have been some serious problems, Lauren has made Kate work. She can be parachuted into any storyline and rev it up and make it something worth watching.

DAYS would be insane to lose her, not that they really deserve her.

Archived