Survivor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I agree with you Carl about focusing on a good quality show and less on a Jeff Probst vanity project. I'm tired of him too. He's such a different host to me now. He has way too much involvement.

Looks like Big Tom from Africa and All-Stars is getting a reality show on National Geographic called 'Family Beef' (produced by Lex, from Africa/All-Stars): http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20723728,00.html

family-beef-600.jpg

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So I'm very curious to see how Gervase plays 13 years later. I'm so meh to Rupert and his wife. I'm tired of Rupert. I'm looking forward to seeing Tina and Aras again, personally. Not the most exciting winners but I've always liked them and am glad to see Tina get another shot after being first out in All Stars.

Kinda meh to Monica and Laura, were they that hard up for women to return? Maybe if they edited them better they'd have more of a selection to pick from. I assume they went with Monica for her husband Brad. I just hate Samoa in general. I barely remember Laura honestly but at least they aren't on their gazillionth return (Rupert & Tyson).

Ok. Can they stop trying to make Tyson happen? If he does well, props to him but he rarely lives up to what they want him to be (an edgy villain, IMO), I just think he puts on this air of villain but it comes off as fake to me.

Zzzz to Candice. I think she was a last minute replacement for RC and her dad, who were originally cast. I mean, there are SO MANY WOMEN, why did they pick this selection. Candice, Laura, Monica? Really? I guess they want the men to do well because all those women are toast.

I'm interested in the twist though and I do think it's different. God knows they needed to try and inject new life and this could do it. I have sort of high hopes so we'll see. I know I shouldn't.

Oh and I have no interest in seeing Hayden, one of the most awful wastes of a winner in BB history.

And I don't know that I want to stomach more Colton, but he seems to be 'happier' (his words) now and in a better place and he's got his boyfriend backing him up so ... I'll try but I expect he'll have a big target.

Oh and I am so pleased to see no Hantzes or Marianos.

• Members

Kat, Colton, Aras, Tyson :wub:

I am really excited to see Hayden honestly. He was a boring guy on BB, but he also played a fantastic game, ran a tight alliance - and cut someone when it needed to be done. I want to see how his game here fares, be it the same or different.

Rupert. God, why?

• Members

I could really see this season tanking big time. They're promoting it like "would you betray your family member?" but really, who is going to betray their family member? The easiest strategy is just to vote off the person whose loved one gets voted out so you have a giant alliance come merge time. Boring.

And really, we needed to see Tyson a third time? I mean I will watch it no matter what, and CBS banks on that, but this show is way past its prime IMO.

I am rooting for Aras tho. Surprising cause I usually root for the women but none of these women interest me. I always considered Aras a meh winner, but listening to his podcasts with Rob Cesternino has really changed my opinion of him. He truly understands the game far better than 99% of players. And he's hot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Is anybody else watching the classic repeats they've been showing on TVGN this month? So far, they've shown Fans vs Favorites and Heroes vs Villains, two of my favorite seasons. Watching Erik give his immunity necklace to Natalie (and the jury's reaction to it) was just as delicious the second time around!

Though I'd like to see some of the older seasons also, I'm hoping that they show the Lisa Whelchel season again. I loved the hell out of that one!

• Members

I watched some of Fans vs. Favorites on TVGN when I happened to spot it. Such a good season. I liked Lisa's season too.

I hope I like Blood vs. Water. I feel like I will for some reason. I hope it turns out more like Fans vs. Favorites in that I'm surprised I really liked it and not like All Stars 1 where I feel dirty after watching it and need a shower from all the backstabbing and ugliness.

Really wasn't all that into the last Fans vs. Favorites. Brenda and Erik who? They were probably ignored because everyone would root for them over Cochran and lunatic Dawn (who I found annoying in South Pacific but not as awful as this last time).

I always liked Aras and am definitely interested in seeing if Tina can make it further this time and how Gervase will play. Not so stoked on Tyson and I know Russell and Shambo were always going after Laura in Samoa but I fully admit to not watching large parts of that season. I just remember no one but Russell and Shambo getting any real airtime that season. Such an awful season but I wonder how I'd feel watching it now though. Hmm... Anyway, So I personally have little clue how Laura played and I remember Monica in OW at least seeming to have SOME game but we all know they only brought her back for her husband. Sorry. It has to be true, lol.

I can't believe this show has been on for so long. I still miss the good old days although some current seasons haven't been too bad. I'm bracing for nothing but Tyson and Rupert when BvW premieres.

And thinking about Lisa now, I wouldn't have minded seeing her play against her brother, who visited her on the show and you could see their great bond. I saw that RC from her season was slated to be on but then couldn't because of her dad, I think. Don't really remember. Candice and her husband replaced them.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived