Survivor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

LOVED Season 4.

Boston Rob was so different. Kathy was great. The cast was pretty diverse and real when you look at them. Loved the overthrow. John's crying after being voted out. The race fight. Gabriel's blindside. The truly random swap. Just a great season. I liked Tammy for the most part.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The final 5 are good, Neleh, Paschal, Sean, V & Kathy. A good fial 5, but i can not at V/S & N/P acting as if they do not have a final two. It may not have ever been verbalized or not, they clearly do. P/N refuse to vote against each other. S/V acting like they are just grouped together because they are black is annoying because they are the ones who keep bringing that up, nobody else. and Pascal always brings up how hard V/S play the game as if he isnt. They all really annoy me right now.

• Members

THE PURPLE ROCK! I knew it was coming, but i had no idea how it went down and wow! still knowing the general breakdown of it i was shocked. Thats insane and was a great TV moment. I of course couldnt be happier with how it went down as i am not a fan of Paschal at all. I hope Neleh doesnt win, as i love kathy & V.

The journey/tattoing/honoring fallen tribe/clensing is as boring as it is every season.

the final Immunity where they stand and have to hold onto the idol is my worst nightmare. i could never. poor kathy was just to old for that really, and it showed. V is a boss though for making that deal with kathy, breaking it and taking a deal with N instead. This is a great final 3 who really went back and fourth with everyone and everything to try and get in the best spot. they all played the game well. N was smart to stick to her deal witj V, cuz kathy would have murdered her in the final vote tho i think V will too.

Oh sweet jesus i can not handle all this jesus and christian honor talk. i hate that so much on these shows. I am glad to see Tammy call them out on it because these two girls did lie, did backstab and did condemn others who did the same. Here comes sean with more jesus talk. paschal is boring as ever with his fawning all over them. General trying to bring the heat but these girls just skate around it. Kathy also tries but again, the responses are meh. John also trying to bring some heat down and get real and again, basicness. I cant with these final two and I was pretty happy with them up until now. I am glad V won though, if not Kathy.

• Members

Season 5-

So far i am not feeling this cast. Three episodes in and I can not tell you one persons name. the only thing if intrest that has happened is that woman all angry and outraged about that guy gridning on her while they were sleeping, accepting his apology, then bringing it up again. - WOW that makes me sound like im defending him, and thats not how i feel at all.

Ok, 7 episodes in and im still just not feeling it.

• Members

OK, so the season picked up a bit in ep8. The non-merge merge was pretty steller. The core 4 alliance now has to vote one of their own out and everyone is crying after getting rid of their 5th, who assumed they were merged into one and flipped sides only to realize they didnt merge, they just live on one beach now. Wow.

• Members

i do remember hearing about that at the finale, but even that combined with what else was posted this season is a bore and these people get along too damn well! they do have issues here and there but they tend to quickly get over them and its like the peace and love season of happiness on this damn island. this is the worst season ive actually watched, i think, but not out of it being nasty or crude, just out of being bored.

• Members

Yeah, it was a hard season. Ugly. Mean spirited people. Shii Ann was great. I liked Helen too but by the Final Tribal Council I was very done with her. I was done with all of them. I'd still take this season over a couple of the more recent ones though. I think the main problem is it was boring for the most part and there weren't very many happy moments. Shii Ann's freedom was ripped away. The purple tribe was decimated. The older tribe hated each other. It was just rough.

At least Seasons 6 and 7 were good and All Stars was .... in one sense awesome to see so many players back but also really just ... I'll let you decide. This quote by someone from All Stars sums up that season: "Stupid people. Stupid stupid people." Not sure what you know about that season. I think my dislike could also stem from the fact that I was heavily spoiled before that season began so I went into it knowing how virtually the entire season would play out.

• Members

Gosh, this is crazy to hear it was such an ugly season because im seriously in like ep 12 and ive just been bored the entire time and have seen so little uglyness aside from the grinding issue. well the final 5 are the older purple tribe so i hope they turn on eachother and it gets ugly cuz im just dreaing finishing this season.

ETA- OK! Now they are getting nasty and turning on eachother, finally!!

the worst ive seen so far are the two redemption island seasons that were more recent, this one, season one, and some africa season - maybe 19?

Oh and i know almost nothing about all stars but im pretty sure rob and amber make it to the finale and amber wins? idk but im happy u guys arent spoiling me/using spoiler tags. its much appreciated.

• Members

For some of us we're going back on the past - if I watched Thailand now, when I have no real investment in the show (although I've enjoyed some of the last few seasons), I might not be bothered. At the time, I was very disturbed, mostly because everything felt grimy and dirty and depressing. That was the first season where I basically hated both teams.

Fiji is probably the other season I'd say is just grimy, although it gets better after the merge (that was the season with Earl, awful Lisi, Edgardo, etc.)

I'd put that first season with Sugar on there too - I hated that season.

All Stars is a mess of a season, mostly because a lot of it can't be properly explained oncamera.

• Members

Fiji i will absolutely agree was just a nasty game. i loved it, but yeah. There were times even I was like WOW!

Sugars season was cruel.

I am so excited to read all this allstar stuff after I watch it! Its the reason im trying to make it through these early seasons, to see all stars and know the history.

Well, i am on the finale of s5 now cuz the uploader missed a few episodes or something, i am not too upset about that tho given my dislike of the season.

• Members

I second what Carl said. I probably would feel differently about Thailand now. It's been quite a while since I've seen it in full. I mean, coming off of Seasons 1, 2, 4 and even 3 you can probably see why Thailand was so ... depressing. I think that's the perfect word to describe that season. However, I do have to imagine if you are a current fan and watching the older seasons, they're actually very different in a lot of ways while still the same show. I like the different perspectives.

So far I've found the three seasons I can always watch no matter what are Borneo, Australia and Pearl Islands.

Fiji is grimy and I disliked so many of them.

Season 17 - Gabon (with Sugar) wasn't terrible. I remember liking some of it but the finale was just ... sad. I'd throw it in with Fiji and Thailand in terms of just ... the cast was there but it just ... I don't know. I can't explain it. I loved them being in Africa again.

All Stars was rough because all of those people knew each other very closely. They were friends, close friends. Some had alliances with each other. Others expected alliances. It was very rough and depressing in a sense. I'd say in terms of "moments" it's a top season. It really shatters a lot of things and it was a shame.

• Members

More than it being old and me working backwards, id add that watching the episodes back to back the nastiness is gone quickly because they makeup or act like they have and move on.

I def see how its nasty compared to 1-4 so i can see where you guys are coming from. And its true, i def prefer the game play, screw friendship and being a good person seasons lol.

My favorites so far are Fans vs Favorites, Heroes vs Villians, and One World

Thought on season six before i start it?

Archived