Survivor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I also LOVE Fans vs. Favorites, Heroes vs. Villains and One World. It's a shame OW isn't that well liked for some reason.

Season 6 was fun. Surprising. I want to say (no spoilers just a teaser, no names)

It's a fun season. Memorable players. Lots of gameplay.

Season 7 is better. Perfect almost.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think OW got off a bad start with Colton and the show's idea that you need a toxic "villain" to camera whore. Once he left I thought everything improved markedly but it may have been too little too late for some. I liked most of the cast.

Season 6, Amazon, I didn't like as much as a lot of people do, mostly because I disliked most of the main personalities, like Rob Cesterino, Jenna, Heidi, etc. But there are some very good episodes and lots of fun strategic knifing.

• Members

I used to like a lot of people who would never get airtime now, because they'd be considered boring. The "boring" people were some of my favorites in past seasons. Gretchen in the first season, among others. I also enjoyed Jeff Varner and Alicia in Outback, I grew to like Jerri, I liked Tina, Rodger, and Elisabeth, I liked Teresa in Amazon. No need to clog with a long list for every season. In Amazon I wasn't all that fond of anyone. There was a hilarious trainwreck named Joanna - I'll never forget her. You'll get a kick out of her.

One couple in China (the Todd season) got married. I think their names were Erik and Jamie. They're still together, last I heard. I mostly remember him for the glasses and the obscene underwear (this was back when they weren't putting the guys in board shorts after a few days).

• Members

China seems to be the romance season. Erik/Jamie, Amanda went on to date Ozzy, James had a fling with Parv, Todd got with Spencer, and theirs one other I can not think of.

Jenna/Ethan, Rob/Amber, Erik/Jamie, Todd/Spencer, Courtney/Stephen all seem to still be together. Not sure of who else.

looked it up, Alex/Kim P got married. Ryno & Mary got a divorce. Ryan/Alicia, David/Carolina. Rumor has it Carter & Pete are together too.

I dont know who half these people are, lol

• Members

I think the Carter/Pete stuff might have just been started by some spoiler person Pete clashed with, but I don't know.

Alex is in Amazon - he's a tall guy with thinning dark hair. Kim Powers was in Africa, she was in the alliance with Brandon/Lindsey/Silas.

Which Ryan? Is that the Alicia who was nasty in OW? Or is that another Alicia? Is it the Outback/All Stars one?

Geez this show has been on a long time, all the names blur together.

• Members

Survivor was HUGE back in the day. For All Stars it was even more huge. The premiere episode of All Stars aired after the Superbowl, there were TV Guide covers, Entertainment Weekly covers. They were just a different breed of All Stars. It was very different to be a fan back then. I mean, I believe what they get now, 10-12 million is about half of what they got back in the day.

• Members

Outback got it's own special People issue. I have that somewhere.

People got major movie roles because of Survivor. Idiots would mail the final 2 loser a dollar each to try to show their support. CBS would put the Survivor cast on just about any show they had, in guest roles. It was a different world entirely.

• Members

the ratings are down, obviously, but that 12million is still pretty amazing when compared. network ratings are down across the board. Look at shows like Greys that use to pull in 20+million.

It was HUGE for awhile, I remember all the press and publicity it got. I can see why, it was just so different from anything else out there side from The Challenge/Battle of the Seasons.

Ithink more than anything doing two seasons a year hurt it. The same happened to the Biggest loser

• Members

Ok, Season 6 thoughts-

Episode 2: Rob trying to figure out how to get Roger out is amusing. And he found a chance when gays came up and roger was all "i have no problem, i just dont want to see it" and alex was all "it doesnt bother me" and roger presses him on if he wants to see them in the street using PDA and alex is just like sure. the argument was actually really interesting to watch and roger kept digging a hole and alex owned him on the unnatural and sex is to make kids argument.

Now the women are having religious issues. This one woman is like anti-idol and thinks the idol curses them because its in her religion and its just crazy to me. Christy, whom i love, is having a hard time because these small minded girls cant take a moment to try and communicate with her just because shes deaf. At least she has one friend who fills her in on the talks at night and the anti-idol religious woman is offended she thinks its stupid to think the idol is cursed and the woman got super pressed and stuck her hand in her face. this argument is great. Oh [!@#$%^&*] and now the women found a granola bar wrapper and are flipping out LOL.

I love Christy (the deaf girl), Jenna, Heidi, the ADA/Police/Whatever woman and the older lady. I also like the angry religious woman cuz she makes me LOL (Joanna?) Of the men i like Rob & Alex so far. I am pretty sure Christy will be voted out because she seems difficult to live with, she clearly doesnt like these women and most of them dont seem to like her and it is for more than her being deaf. WOW, so it was Janet over that power bar wrapper ordeal. but like 5 women got votes. this tribe is a disaster.

this location is great for the show but i think it must be one of the worst to live in. i feel bad for them all. Jeff Probst is really a great host, he like Ali Sweeney, gets in there and gets kind of personal with contests and is honest, and you can tell he cares and this isnt just a paycheck.

Ep 3- WOW! Day 7 and the women dont have a shelter and now their unclean pot is attracting wasps. They cant keep a fire going. None of them are on the same page and between 7 women are doing 6 different things. Jeanne and Joanna nominating Deena as the tribe leader to get her to rile people up and voted out? Brilliant. Was heidi hated by the audience? I bet she was. I can see why.

This go fish type game for bathroom/personal care items is amusing. Jenna & I think Rob are flirting hardcore and its adorable. He knew her name and both she and Jeff wondered how and he wouldnt say.

I know i keep saying it, but damn im still shocked at how much stuff they are able to bring/are given. But holy [!@#$%^&*] these animals in the wild, i would die. I could never. Im bugged out just watching.

"i didnt know Jesus had a vested interest in survivor" BEST QUOTE EVER.

I love how none of the men trust eachother. I like Matt, Dave, Alex & Rob but i know there is no way they are going to be able to form an alliance and stick together even though they all want Roger out.

Well, its day 8 and the women are finally building a shelter. Welcome to the game, ladies. Who won another challeneg and sadly Dan is gone sad.png

Ep4- The girls are starting to really turn on eachother. Heidi basically just said the older fat women can do more because they have more fat than her and Jenna who are weak and dont have fat storage to run off. Joanna is quoting the bible again now and Heidis face and mocking it are killing me.

Matthew is scared he is going to be voted off but im not sure why. He catches the most fish and does a lot and people seem to not mind him, i guess that may be why actually. OMG they are playing for a mini fridge loaded with coke? I would murder people to win that [!@#$%^&*] after day 11. its a fire making challenge too, the guys should have this. And they do. Best. Reward. Ever. and Jenna is crying and laying down and unable to carry on about losing coke and i feel her cuz id be a wreck too. Oh, its Shawna not Jenna.

I am very unimpressed with Jenna actually so far. But i love her and Ethan and havent even seen them together. I wonder how he is doing in his battle with cancer so far.

The guys get along much better than I thought they would. They are having a bedside singalong right now and its adorable.

Now a fishing challenge? So lame. I way, way prefer the more recent seasons challenges that are actually challenging. And the men win again, shocking! LOL.

I hope the women vote out Shawna. She is weak, lazy, boring and wanted to go and now shes angry about it.OH! This just got interesting. Heidi/Jenna/Jean/Deena want Christy to vote with them to get Joanna out, but Christie knows Joanna does a lot of work and keep Shawna to pick off later... and it worked! I guess Jesus wasnt on her side of winning.

Ep5- A note telling the tribe to send their youngest... a merge? a swap? thats usually what that means. The old lady was pressed and trying to argue maybe it means youngest at heart, i can not with that LOL. Dave & Jenna will spend the night together drinking wine? Is Jeff trying to get them to make a Survivor Baby? LOL! They are sharing a bed... Oh jenna, spilling all the deatils about your tribe... telling him who shes in an alliance with. Oh, and now Dave is doing the same. Wow.

OK, so they picked new tribes. After telling eachother everything. This will be a game changer. The guys moving, Robb, Matt and Alex, are pressed about it too. It says so much about how judgmental and closed minded people can be that the guys had NO idea Christy was deaf after competing in many challenges against her. Its only a handicap for others who refuse to take a new approach and try something different. Sad.

Rob looks and sounds like Bryan Greenberg! Finally figured it out.

Dave thought he had the strongest members but his new tribe just lost to Jenna's. I hope Heidi flips on the girls honestly. AND SHE DID! YES!

Ep 6 is pretty boring, but I can see alliances failing and new ones forming.

This tear the beef off the bones challenge with hands tied behind your back is DISGUSTING. I love it tho when people get the meat stuck in their teeth and another player rips it out with the mouth, lol. Talk about bonding moments and team work!

Goodbye Shawna! I wont miss her. At all.

eP 7 - THE MERGE! It will be interesting to see what alliances stick, crumble, and are made now. I need Roger to go just based on the fact that he said the beer can go warm and the ice can be better used somewhere else. No. Warm beer? No. That is like a sin agazinst my religion and He can never be redeemed. GOODBYE!

Denna is trying to use logic on Roger about staying 150 back from the water because of crocs and he isnt having it. These two going to war will be entertaining. Im dying at how everyone is just looking back and fourth unsure of what to do or what side to take. Roger is controlling, demanding, and bossy. Id vote him out first. This aint the army!

Jenna is smart. I see the hype now. She really has played under the radar but she says key things to people to get them on her side and against others. Its a great play. heidi seems to be coming back to the women now but they all agree roger is gone, and that means he will be here to stay LOL.

Dave reminds me of this guy I just started seeing, who oddly enough is also a rocket scientist (why is he dating me? i have no idea honestly.) Dave is just following the heard and while i see why thats a good strategy I wish he would make a play and start owning the game because I think he could, but he seems dumb cuz he thinks the girls are going first.

At this point Matt, Rob and jenna are my favorites.

Dave and Rob are at odds because they are both losers in the real world and try to act smooth and like all the ladies want them. Jenna & Heidi are using their bodies and talking about a threesome to string all these dumb boys along and they all fall right into line. Wow.

So Rob/Jenna/Deena have a final 3? I would be 100% OK with that!

The standing on the pirch challenge. This always seems easier than it must be. WOW! OMG! Heidi & Jenna got naked for peanut butter, coke, and oreos. !@#$%^&*], i would too! Roger is an idiot for jumping in and getting nothing in return. Roger is a moron and has no idea he is going even though nobody likes him, is talking to him, and cant stand him.

Seeing that smug !@#$%^&*] Roger go and his alliance of the other old man and Dave crumble was amazing.

• Members

Ep9- It was great to see Deenas game fall apart. It always happens when one player gets cocky and thinks they run the game. I wont miss her but she was a great player! Jenna/heidi/Rob/Alex are now in control and I love them all. I truly hope one of them wins.

Ep10- The auction! My favorite! Though there really wasnt anything bad so that kind of takes away. Im glad they let Jenna buy a letter from home and was happy her moms cancer was being beaten.Rob debating switching sides... damn hes good! He better not do it though, if he does i doubt he could win esp if this jury is bitter. Loved the Q&A of popular guesses to questions about eachother. Heidis spider bite looks awful but it healed quickly. So now Matt & Christy & Butch think Rob is with them.. as do Alex Jenna and heidi it will be interesting.

WOW! I didnt expect Rob to switch sides.

Ep10- Rob trying to cover his tracks. I dont think it will work though. heidi and jenna seem to be onto his game. Now my girls are against the wall and I am going to need to see them foght and scrap to get by. Christy being a smug bitch actually annoys me because the girls while not being overly friendly to her also were not mean to her. and she really should switch to them cuz that boys club will cut her.

the family visits are always too emotional for me to handle and im not normally a sappy person. That was amazing of Matthew to give up his family for theirs, but i knew hed get to see his mom!

Rob trying to make it up to the girls and get on their good side now because hes scared to go up against matthew now? amazing. he is about to be running scared. Christy being smug and thinking Rob is taking her is amazing. Jenna calling Rob out is amazing. This is all AMAZING. I like how Christy is actually showing her true colors now that shes stopped playing the victim and becoming a bitch. Amazing.

and jenna wins immunity! YES! Rob is really running scared now. He is terrified. Now he is gunning for Christy.

I did NOT see Jenna giving her immunity up to Heidi! But i am glad to see Christy go!

• Members

Amazon was such an awesome season. I'm gonna have to watch it again. I pretty much feel the same way as you, you echoed what I thought at the time. Tolda lots of blindsides. Well, more like people getting so stupidly arrogant that they are voted out for it. It was crazy how many of them just did themselves in.

I liked the cast a lot looking back on it. One of my favorite seasons. I'll throw Amazon in with Borneo/Australia/Pearl Islands as seasons I could watch and enjoy every single time.

Archived