Survivor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly enough, I haven't watched the show since the premiere. Some jackass decided to put the list of eliminated people on various different forums just to ruin everybody's season.

Let's just say that the final three is disgusting, and the winner of the season even worse.

I guess we need to thank CBS or Burnett's crew for leaking everything online.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well that sucked. Sandra should't have won. Out of those 3 in the final Parvati should taken the million home for sure! Russell is full of himself, can't even listen to him anymore!

Other then that it was a GREAT season! I hated Parvati before this season. But I must agree she played a superb game this time around. She (and Sandra at times) was the only one to stand up against Russell when he pushed her, and she wasn't even afraid doing it. She looked him right in the eye and told him that she wasn't putting up with his crap. When she played the two idols at tribal and Russell had no clue she had another one, I laughed so hard!!! Oh and she didn't even use ONE on herself. Too funny!

I stayed away from Survivor boards through the whole season. There's always gonna be one or two jacka$$es who wants to ruin it for everybody.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I tried finding a general survivor thread but couldn't find one and we always seem to discuss it in status updates so i figured id start one for previous seasons.

I have never watched before this past season and I loved it so I went back to watch older seasons and thought we could discuss them. If you want to watch old ones DM and ill send you the link to them. I am kind of jumping all over the place with seasons, lol.

Cook Islands: I started with this one and I think i picked a damn good season to start with. Dividing the tribes by race? Honestly kind of shocking, somehwat offensive, but a very interesting social thing. Some were bonded by being of the same race, some resented it, and some just didnt care. It also brought on three of my favorites, Ozzy, Penner and Parv. Not to mention sexy Adam who I could just look at all day, every day. Yul was an amazing player and absolutely deserved the win. The mutiany of Candice and Penner? amazing. The best though was truly the Aitutaki 4 making it to final 4. Very, very impressive. My girl Parv did ok on this season and while liking her I never thought shed become the powerhouse player she later would become.

Gabon: Man i did not like this season much. It was kind of a chore to get though. Sugar always being sent to exile and lounging around and eating while her trible struggled was pretty amusing though. I like her a lot actually. I also loved Ace and Matty but that is about it. Sugar, Bob and the fake idol with Randy was hilarious though. Im not sure why Bob won, Sugar clearly played the game the best. Oh, and Marcus/Charlie were adorable together and I wish they had made it further.

Tacontins: A great season with someone who I think turly played a perfect game: JT. From the start this season was high on drama with the instant vote out of Sierra and the older lady but them just getting a free ride to the tribe. Poor Sierra was hated and openly hated the entire time she was on for no reason, i felt for the girl. Crazy ass Coach, man i hated him. I loved Exile Island and that two people went. Taj was also great and Tyson was so cocky it was kind of hot, lol. JT got no votes and won by all votes, as he should have.

Samoa: Ah, the season that brought us Russel Hantz, who i didnt hate as much as I thought I would until the end. First of all, I just have to put it out there: Mick was damn hot and I wish he had won just based on that, no shame. Moving on, Russel S was obnoxious and I couldnt stand him but his exit was heartbreaking. Shambo - what a character! She sucked in challnages but I loved her, she was damn entertaining. The Foa Foa Four + Shambo taking on the other side was great, and I loved SHambos irrational hatred of Laura. they dominated until brett woke up and played the game, winning three or four immunities in a row to save himself. Erik's final speach in favor of Natalie was pretty epic too. Russel does deserve credit though for finding two idols with no clues.

Micronesia/Fans vs Favorites: My favorite season, so far. Parv, Amanda, Cirie, and James were all great and would all return for Heroes vs Villians, much to my delight. I also loved Ozzy, again as well as Penner. Of the newbies I loved Erik, natalie and Jason. Amanda/Ozzy & Parv/James were cute little pairing early on. Crazy ass Eliza was entertaining Ozzy making the fake idol and Eliza trying to play it was very funny. The tribal switch was also great as ot really kicked the game into gear and Cirie started playing a great social game. Parv bringing in Alexis and Natalie and forcing a female alliance with Cirie and Amanda was an amazing move on her part and lead to her winning. Parv also made another great move in helping blindslide Ozzy out and it was risky by not telling her alliance but it paid off. She then lead the girls into playing Erik, disempowering James, blindsiding Jason and ran the rest of the season. The big question of this season is what if james hadnt been voted out? Im not sure, nobody can know, but I do suspect that Parv would have ensured his exit before letting go of Alexis or Natalie. The second best tribal ever is when Erik gives up his immunity to Natalie, and then bring blindsided by all the girls voting him out. Just wonderful. It was also ballsy for Parv to not try to win the final challenge, knowing that Amanda could likely beat Cirie and take her, but it again paid off for her as thats exactly what happened and Parv won the season, as she should have. I think Amanda only got Ozzy and James; votes, as they were bitter over Parv playing them.

I just finished Heroes vs Villians and dont have time to post in length about it, but this moment has replayed in my head all day. This enite episode is my favorite. The merge happened and Parv knew that her alliance needed to win, and it was far from a strong alliance with Jeri and Sandra possibly wavering. So, she had an idol nobody knew about and she got an idols from russell who gave it to her after JT gave it to him to get her out and. At the challenege for individual immunity she hands it it to Danielle to keep her safe, and knows it will let everyone know she has an idol. The heroes send Amanda to tell her they are targeting her but Parv knows better and busts two idols out to protect Jeri and Sandra and solidy them being with her, knowing the heroes wont vote for her or russell and it worked perfectly.

How did she lose to Sandra who did nothing? A bitter ass jury.

• Members

I HATED Cook Islands, but I might have to rewatch it again now though.

Samoa I could barely watch. I need to rewatch it.

Micronesia was amazing. LOVED that season. I was so upset it ended up being a F2 instead of F3 for probably the only time (I don't like the F3 but I've grown to accept it) because it cost Cirie. She deserved to win just as much as Parvati. I loved that season.

LOVED Heroes vs. Villains. The Heroes played so stupidly. Parvati was great. Coach was tolerable. Jerri was tolerable. Colby at least tried again. It was a great season. I loved Sandra winning because I like her but yeah Parvati lost because the jury was super bitter.

• Members

Season 14, i thin, was pretty lame. It was the one with the comfort tribe and the the tribe with nothing and of course the comfort tribe dominated the game. The show clearly seen this early on and tried to get the comfort trible to swatch locations and avoid voting someone out but they didnt take it. I can not even tell you anyones name.

I saw One World too, and liked it a lot. The Jesus Warriors alliances always kill me Kim is one of the most deserving winners ever. Her alliance and her game were flawless.

I am onto China now - and this is a great season! Amanda is great, Todd is entertaining, James is fun, that dumb trio are dumb lol, Courtney is annoying, JohnBear makes good tv.

The two redemption island seasons with Russell vs Rob & Ozzy vs Coach were lame. But Baby Hantz was so terrified of that Parv like girl it was amazing.

• Members

Thats so not what happened though. Probst asked Anthony if he could see Rockys point in bullying him for his own good, to motivate him, OR if it just made him not want to try as Rocky kept saying it was to push him. Probst seemed to be mocking Rocky much more than trying to side with him. They even went back to it on the reunion show. Most seasons seem to have a case like this of someone being an ass to someone else saying its to motivate them and it almost never works, LOL. Rob did this to someone and it worked, but i forget with who.

Dreamz was obnoxious. I am SO glad he didnt win. Yao Man was amazing, too bad he got cut.

I loved the Fiji location though.

There is nothing I love more than fake idols, lol. I actually love the whole idol idea. I cant wait to see james voted out with two idols in his possession.

• Members

Done with China...

great season, Todd was a deserving winner and played a damn good game. Loved Denise. James is hot. I am sad Amanda didnt win, shes a great player too, having made it to the finales twice and losing - her problem is that final Q&A really. Todd and later Parv just kicked her ass in that.

This jury wasnt bitter either, thankfully. Im not sure how Courtney got two votes tho.

I guess i am onto 1-12 now.

Season 26 starts next month and its Favs vs Favorites again!

• Members

Please try to watch a little more of season 1 - I'd say the last episode or two before the merge, and especially the merge itself. The loss of innocence aspect, where the "good" players are horrified at the possibility of a voting alliance (in the first season this was honestly considered immoral), is fascinating to watch. The first season also talks a little about real life issues, which future seasons don't do. And the story arcs with Kelly and Sue, among others, are riveting.

• Members

Season 2 is very good. It is, obviously, slower and much more cheaply done than what came after it, but it isnt boring like s1.

Elisabeth is very endeering and rootable. Colby is great. I am not sure why Jerri was so hated, because while being abrasive when hungry she really isnt bad.

Archived