2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

It wasn't because of a storyline, really. Michelle was so sick of Bob Guza's attitude that when contract time came up, old pal Julie Carruthers bailed her out by asking ABC to trade her back to "AMC." Michelle also hates Elizabeth Korte but who doesn't? Elizabeth acts like Daddy's Spoiled, Entitled Princess with Guza being Daddy.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still grieve a little over the loss of Rayfield and Cascio. They loved and respected Simone Torres. :(

Ew. Sorry for her. :rolleyes:

MVJ's a talent. 'Nuff said. I love her work, along with Mary Sue Price. MSP has a lot of attitude. Girlfriend can write the spark into a confrontation scene like nobody's business.

• Members

I want to apologize for killing this thread with my question, but in all honesty it was just a question that was begging to be asked.

I did not mean to anger anyone, or to stop this thread.

So I'll take back the question.

But I am short on hope anymore. The longer this goes on without any comment from the ABC group.. I feel like there is no way another writer will make a difference.

I have watched this show for over 33 yrs, and i will go on record as a fan.. not an insider.

I dont care if Armus has no soap opera experience, his story telling couldnt be any worse then what is on here.. and if TPTB really cared about fans.. that would of just got rid of MMT and let Assc HW lead the way.. so think of me as stupid.. but she has just about finished killing this show for me.

• Members

How exactly does what we see on screen get written? What does a hw, a bdw and a script writer do? Watching OLTL it all seems like a complete disaster where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

• Members

Don't they basically have basic storyline drafts 6 months in advance and then write the actual breakdowns for the episodes like 3 months in advance. I am not sure. Seems to me what is being seen on our screens right now was originally thought up 6 months ago... like the initial planning. Sometimes you wonder if it was written a week befire they shot the scenes :lol:

• Members

I have really been enjoying reading this thread especially since I am not that familiar with what goes on behind the scenes. I have a couple of questions so hopefully they don't sound too stupid!! I was wondering if the show will start making a transition and start implementing Burton's storylines even with mctavish still at the helm. At some point, and this may have already happened, Mctavish is going to be told and would they want her to start writing some of his storylines? Or will she continue to write what she wants until her last day with the show. And then when Burton joins, he will completely change everything. I just wonder how quickly he will make a transition, new storylines, writers, cutting actors, etc. And how much notice Mctavish would be given.

Also, would eden/bianca been informed that McTavish was being let go and that is why she may have rejoined the show? Do any of the actors know or is this something that they absolutely can't be told?

Thanks for posting all this inside stuff!! I love to read it!!

• Members

Breakdowns are written one month before tape, scripts are written three weeks before tape.

Once Megan McTavish is told she's done at "AMC," she's done. She won't get anywhere near Burton's material.

It's possible that Eden was told about the Megan/Burton situation, but honestly I don't know. I don't know what went down in those negotiations but they really, really wanted Eden back badly so they might've let her in on what was changing at the show to make it enticing for her to come back.

Face it, re-joining "AMC" as it is on its "comeback" tour with a new, fresh writer is a lot more appealing than re-joining "AMC" with Megan at the helm.

• Administrator

It looks like we have our first 'FOB' (Friends of Beth :lol:) joining DAYS writing staff.

- Hannah Shearer first listed as Associate Head Writer on August 24

They know each other from their Port-Charles days. I wonder who she will be replacing. DAYS has too many associate head writers right now.

Also, Amanda L. Beall was back in the credits for AMC.

Archived