2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes.

"Semi-retired" actually. He does occasionally do some play writing in Connecticut and around the tri-state area.

He has received plenty of offers to come back to daytime, but he's pretty much done with it.

Courtney Simon has strayed from P&G before, though - she wrote for "AMC" and "Santa Barbara" in the past. I believe she even recurred as Dr. Anna Tolan on "AMC" while she was writing.

But P&G has been very good to her at "World Turns" for the past six years. She won't leave, even for Hogan.

• Members

I think I found some reviews of Hal Corley's plays some time ago, but they weren't favourable.

Is Chris Abbott the other writer who passed fro Y&R to B&B? He's not featured in your Profiles section.

P. S. I think it was Mary Alice who got rid of many male writers at ATWT. And Hogan was mad at her at the time.

• Members

I don't think so. But Michael Minnis (who's associate head-writer at B&B for 2 years now) and Rex M. Best have a long Y&R history before being snatched by Bradley. I'm sure there are more; since it started with Meg Bennett (may she never come back) and Jack Smith who sometimes worked simultaneously for B&B and Y&R.

• Members

Yes, I just thought we were talking about recent "acquirings"... I think I saw Chris Abbott jump from Y&R to B&B and back in these months...

I also think that John F. Smith worked for B&B first and then came to Y&R, but I'm not sure. Was he the B&B writer who lived in Hawaii?

Is Meg Guza's wife?

• Administrator

Yeah, I noticed they have been gone for a while too.

- Jo Anne Sedwick last listed as director on July 21

- Jill Mitwell last listed as director on June 14

- John Loprieno last listed as script writer on July 19

Her last script was on August 21, so we'll give her a couple of weeks to see if she's gone or not. I do hope she left for DAYS. :D

• Administrator

Another freakin damn newbie to Y&R!!

- Tom Casiello first listed as associate head writer on September 6

LML getting rid of people who trained and wrote under Bill Bell while bringing in all these newbies to Y&R could hurt the show in the long run because this isn't how Y&R does business.

On theselfish side, this could be Y&R's downfall and the rise of DAYS to #1 will happen. Oh I wish. LOL :D

• Members

Toups, I worried about the new writers on Y&R too! John Pleshette, an actor for Knots Landing who went onto write, said that they stopped working with him because he dared to criticize their script. I wonder if thats whats happening with these Y&R writers? I've noticed lots of out of character behavior in some characters, which is probably because so many writers are new.

I'm just glad B&B picked up James Houghton! Love him!

• Members

Yeah That writing staff at Y&R has just been completely transformed. Alden and Smith I am sure won't be around for too much longer either. Probably once their contracts expire. I like so far what Lynn is doing with the show for the most part but it could hurt in the future with all thrse newbies coming to Y&R. What has kept Y&R so consistent over the years is its writing team is very tight knit and has remained basically the same for many years.

• Administrator

Exactly!

The Y&R writing team were always close and worked together for DECADES! Bringing in five new writers in the span of 6 months is absurd for Y&R.

I think so too. Smith will probably go back to B&B.

As for Alden, Frons approached her to Head Write for AMC and was going to be paid a lot, but she turned it down! LOL!! I believed this happened before Burton entered the picture.

Archived