2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Thanks for the info Jackie! So it sounds like we may not really see any changes until the end of the year if Megan is let go at the end of Oct. I don't know if I can hang on that long. Y&R is pretty good right now and is starting to become my fav. soap. I hate the direction my favorite characters are going in especially Kendall. I am hoping Burton Amos moves her away from Zach and gives her a brain and backbone again. And I hope he fires all the newbies that were hired this summer. Every character seems pointless to me. And wipe Josh's existance off the show completely.

Days, thanks!! I picked the name because I so often ask that question about AMC now. Why??? AMC Why???? do you do the stupid things you do.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Aug 25 2006, 11:00 PM)

Toups, thats her husband. They write most of their projects together, including Knots Landing.

Oh cool. I didn't know that.

LML has made a lot changes to the writing staff.

She brought in:

1. Scott Hamner

2. Josh Griffith

3. Paula Cwickly

4. Bernard Lechowick

Demoted:

1. Jim Houghton

2. Sally Sussman Morina

3. Janice Ferri Esser

Left:

1. Marc Hertz (last listed on May 10)

Possibly Left:

1. Trent Jones (last listed was on July 18)

2. Jim Houghton (last listed was on July 25)

Having newbies in such a short period is unheard of when it comes to Y&R! Y&R has had the most stable staff in decades!

• Members

That's what scares me... I stopped watching Y&R the last week of June when my cable company dropped Soap Net in hopes of charging us additional fees to get the channel.

But I'm able to catch it "live" on CBS some days but am hesitant to get involved because of that exact reason -- too many changes in the writing staff. The reason I enjoyed Y&R was its style of writing, and with the shake ups, that might change.

• Members

Think of it this way.

If they begin to destroy the show, the ratings will plummet and the network will panic.

MEANWHILE....the old writers, who were probably burnt out anyway, have had a nice long rest and will be very refreshed.

The network will go find the old writers and SPEND TOP DOLLAR to bring them back into the fold.

:D

All in all, I think LYNN is doing a superb job right now. The ratings are higher than they have been in years and the show seems rejuvenated.

• Members

I totally agree. I love her as a writer.

I think if every show got new headwriters, we could see a spike in the ratings by next year.

Let's see how many soaps have gotten new headwriters:

Y&R - Lynn Marie Latham (confirmed.. obviously)

DAYS - Hogan Sheffer (confirmed)

AMC - that Burton guy coming sometime (insiders say so)

That's most likely 3 out of 9 soaps getting/has new a new headwriter.

I hope ABC and Frons wake up and replace Higley A.S.A.P. She's brought the show to record-low ratings (2.3 or 2.4) and GUIDING LIGHT is almost passing OLTL in total viewers. Time for a change, ABCD.

Archived