2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

SPEAKING OF OLTL...I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO POINT OUT THAT I THINK SCRIPTWRITER, MARK CHRISTOPHER, IS ACTUALLY MARK C HIGHLY, DENA'S HUBBY. WHEN SHE WAS DOOL HEADWRITER, THERE WAS A "MARK CHRISTOPHER" WHO WROTE SCRIPTS. THEN WHEN JIM REILLY RETURNED TO DOOL AND SHE BECAME A SCRIPTWRITER, SHE WAS ALWAYS LISTED WITH HER HUSBAND, MARK HIGLY. I THINK SHE TOOK HUBBY TO OLTL. HE NOW SEEMS TO BE WRITING ONE SCRIPT A WEEK AND BUMPED JOHN LOPRIENO.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never heard about her being approached this time but I did back in 2002/3 (when the interim writers were there pre McTavish). SHe was HW of Y&R at the time I believe--

I onlyc asually watch Y&R and I understand why people didn't liek her as HW but I hope she is able to stay on the Y&R writing team--when she's a part of it I think she's an important part (she was listed as co-headwriter on many of Bell's best years including the late 70s and the 80s when the show was restructured as well as much of the time B&B was taking up much of Bill's time)

E

• Members

It's never consistent. Back when Erica found out that Adam switched the sperm samples back in 1999, she would ALWAYS call it "semen." Now, that wouldn't fly today. How do we regress in daytime TV?

Just like "abortion." When the whole Bianca story was going on, the preferred choice it seems was "terminate." But occasionally they would say "abortion." When Bianca told Erica she was still pregnant, they only used the word "abortion" in the surrounding episodes.

It's weird.

Archived