2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

DAYS:

- Michael Slade last listed as Script Writer on October 6 (Thursday gone, Friday back, Monday gone....we'll see Tuesday if he's back LOL)

- Meg Kelly last listed as Script Writer on October 6

- James E. Reilly last listed as Consulting Producer on October 6

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Me too. :(

I know writers read this thread so here's my message to you all daytime writers:

Get all the writing team together, then go DEMAND (or ask politely :D) that you guys get credited for the epiosode breakdown and script! It's time to convince your EP's to credit you properly! Or why don't you band up and go the Writers Guild? There's about 90 daytime writers right now.....Please do something about this! :)

• Members

I can only really comment on CBS soaps but I liked the way John Conboy did it at GL.The HW was listed in the opening scenes followed by the breakdown then the script writer. In the closing credits the whole team was listed.

I still am not sure about Y&R.They list theirs at the beginning but I am not sure who's a BDW,script editor or script writer.

I wish they would list their writers in the closing credits,like GL did.There have been so many shifts and coming and goings I am not sure who they are.

Toups,do you have a complete list of the writing staff?

• Administrator

Yeah, I loved how JC credited the writers too. Damn you, Wheeler. :angry:;)

If there's two names after Slater, it's the BDW followed by the SW. If there's one name after Natalie Minardi Slater, it's the SW.

David Kreizman

Donna Swajeski

Christopher Dunn

Lloyd Gold

Rebecca Hanover

Jill Lorie Hurst

David Rupel

Tita Bell

Kimberly Hamilton

Penelope Koechl

Royal Miller

David Smilow

Brett Staneart

• Members

It's interesting to see Y&R SHOW INFO on the CBS web-site:

Premiere: March 26, 1973

Produced By: CPT Holdings, Inc.

Executive Producer: Lynn Marie Latham

Co-Executive Producer: Josh Griffith

Supervising Producer: Edward J. Scott

Coordinating Producer: John Fisher

Associate Producer: Josh O'Connell

Associate Producer: Matthew J. Olsen

Directors: Michael Denney, Sally McDonald, Noel Maxam and Dean LaMont

Creators: William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell

Head Writers: Kay Alden and Lynn Marie Latham

Co-Head Writer: Scott Hamner

Writers: Janice Ferri Esser, Jim Houghton, Natalie Minardi-Slater, Trent Jones, Sara A. Bibel, Eric Freiwald, Joshua S. McCaffrey, Marc Hertz, Sandra Weintraub

Story Consultants: Scott Hamner and Sally Sussman Morina

So, this should be pretty recent since LML is EP, but look KA's name is first in HW credits... Silly. And Sally Morina is story consultant?!

• Members

Because of the way soaps are written "daily", there's a reason they don't define it more.

For instance sometimes up to 4 people wrote that day's script so they elect to have one person take credit. Sometimes the HW writes the script and give cred to a SW for guild reasons. Sometimes nowadays the EP believe it or not may write a script, in fact EPs come through a Re-write a lot of scripts.

Just because someone is credited as script writer doesn't mean 100% they actually wrote that day's script. You've also got scriptwriters who do breakdowns without being credited.

I know of one soap that's currently #3 and has a very infamous "soap" writer contributing over there in "ghost mode" (no, it's not Meg Kelly :lol: ), and since I don't wish to start up any new discussions on an old horse I won't mention who it is nor will I be talking about it even after everybody finds out--but her name is nowhere on the credits yet she's writing all kinds of stuff.

So much for the accuracy of the credits.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 19 2006, 08:12 PM)

Erika, how can you drop a bomb like that and not tell us! I only wish the #3 soap you were talking about is ATWT. I think they need a bit of a shake up with their writing team.

Well it IS that show, but I just learned they're actually #4 this week.

Yeah, it's a bombshell but I'll be banned from this board if I tell.

Sorry.

Zip/Zip. :rolleyes:

Archived