2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG *dies*

I'm so excited now and you have made my day. I thought it was more good news for DAYS, which I'm happy for, but it's nice to see it spread out.

Now I just wonder who, an infamous soap writer at ATWT? It's hard to figure this out. I'm thinking a hack like Ellen Weston, but would they be so stupid? JER, but thankfully he's at PSNS and besides, why would anyone hire him?

I hope infamous doesn't mean they're a bad writer, I have a feeling I know where you're heading, but I won't say it! :D

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 19 2006, 07:33 PM)

OMG *dies*

I'm so excited now and you have made my day. I thought it was more good news for DAYS, which I'm happy for, but it's nice to see it spread out.

Now I just wonder who, an infamous soap writer at ATWT? It's hard to figure this out. I'm thinking a hack like Ellen Weston, but would they be so stupid? JER, but thankfully he's at PSNS and besides, why would anyone hire him?

I hope infamous doesn't mean they're a bad writer, I have a feeling I know where you're heading, but I won't say it! :D

Feel the same way Chris. If you have any ideas Chris share. :)

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 19 2006, 08:33 PM)

OMG *dies*

Why are you guys getting all excited????

It's not like they have a new HW or something, they don't.

Jean Passanante and the gang is still writing the show, they just have somebody kind of "infamous" tweaking and helping out with the storylines and scripts and it's "uncredited". I guess you call it a "Story Consultant"?

Sorry I brought it up, but I was trying to show how the "credits" aren't always accurate.

• Members

Oh damn, thats nothing to get excited about! :lol: My biggest complaint about ATWT is that the women are either dumb, victims or psychos. The way Alden wrote for women would be worse than what we have now. I was thinking you meant [s.W.S.N.B.N.] who would probably write strong female characters.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 19 2006, 11:25 PM)

Oh damn, thats nothing to get excited about! :lol: My biggest complaint about ATWT is that the women are either dumb, victims or psychos. The way Alden wrote for women would be worse than what we have now. I was thinking you meant [s.W.S.N.B.N.] who would probably write strong female characters.

I was thinking he was referring to Ms. Boof as well.

Oh well, guess Alden won't be heading to AMC. I know not many people have much of anything nice to say about her but I still think she'd be an improvement for AMC.

• Members

Teens and the women are getting weaker. The last thing AMC fans need is another headwriter like that. AMC is known most for having strong younger characters (Tad, Liza, Hayley, etc) and it's female characters, they need a writer who can list these two things as strengths.

I also hope her being a consultant at ATWT doesn't lead to anything bigger. The last thing the show needs is for the women to get any weaker.

Archived