Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

Two changes today:

- Tom Casiello wasn't listed as an associate head writer for OLTL

- Charlotte Gibson wasn't listed as an associate head writer for GL

A couple of updates for Y&R:

- Scott Hamner first listed as associate head writer on August 4

- Paula Cwikly first listed as associate head writer on August 7

:o:angry::mellow::(

As of today (7/31),Melissa Salmons' name is gone from the ATWT writing credits!!!

She was one of the better scriptwriters! Didn't see this coming!

Melissa Salmons was back in the credits today (8/4)!!

.............and gone again by 8/7!

Can someone please answers some of the questions for AMC

1. Who are AMC's best writers/weak writers/ok writers

2. Does Jeff Belnder ever write scripts I"ve never did see his name has a writer.

3. what's the deal with Ms. Bradbury what's the reason she left AMC.

4. What Postion does ADDIE WALSH hold with AMC I often see her name listed in the 4 after Mctrash bag and sometimes as a script writer.

5. Who's Victor Miller I heard he's Mct lap dog true or not.

Thanks If I have anymore Questions I"ll ask I hope this isn;t a bother to anyone I"M just trying to learn all I can about AMC.

Robert

Can someone please answers some of the questions for AMC

1. Who are AMC's best writers/weak writers/ok writers

2. Does Jeff Belnder ever write scripts I"ve never did see his name has a writer.

3. what's the deal with Ms. Bradbury what's the reason she left AMC.

4. What Postion does ADDIE WALSH hold with AMC I often see her name listed in the 4 after Mctrash bag and sometimes as a script writer.

5. Who's Victor Miller I heard he's Mct lap dog true or not.

Thanks If I have anymore Questions I"ll ask I hope this isn;t a bother to anyone I"M just trying to learn all I can about AMC.

Robert

Jeff Beldner is most likely the story/script editor. If I recall correctly, Mimi Leahy held the position previously.

Addie Walsh is a breakdown writer.

Victor Miller, Associate Head Writer is McTavish's lapdog. He follows her wherever she goes. Guiding Light, All My Children, General Hosptial, back to All My Children... As a matter of fact, he (as well as McTavish -- ugh!) lives here in Connecticut about 20 minutes from me. McTavish and he were featured in the November 18, 1998 edition of the Connecticut Post:

"It's all a Plot"

by John Morgan

...McTavish, who is single, splits her time between New York City and her home on 35 acres in Litchfield County, working with [her] four associate head writers, including Victor Miller of Trumbull,[Connecticut]...

...[Miller has] worked on [Guiding Light and All My Children] where [McTavish] has served as head writer. "The Stuart and Marian relationship on 'All My Children' is also pure McTavish. Megan has this ability to see possibilities that other writers don't. No one ever saw Stuart and Marian together as a couple, but Megan said, 'Let's try it,' and everyone went wild..."

...Miller, who has also written for 'Another World,' says McTavish keeps a close eye on ratings and demographics. "I think she's most sensitive to her particular audience in trying to figure out what they most want to see on any given episode. I don't know any other head writer who has memorized the ratings and demographics the way she has. She can rattle them off the top of her head. She's really an incredible student of viewership..."

McTavish: "The true grist of whether what you're writing is good or not is how many people are tuning in to watch it. Besides, three weeks after the Emmys are over, nobody remembers who won, anyway."

...Miller, who has also written for 'Another World,' says McTavish keeps a close eye on ratings and demographics. "I think she's most sensitive to her particular audience in trying to figure out what they most want to see on any given episode. I don't know any other head writer who has memorized the ratings and demographics the way she has. She can rattle them off the top of her head. She's really an incredible student of viewership..."

:o

:o

Exactly.

Victor Miller hasn't lived in Connecticut for a long time. He lives in northern California now.

Still, distance has not changed his friendship with Megan. They are still connected at the hip, in some ways.