Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

2006: The Directors and Writers Thread

Okay, that's great.

Those are my reasons why I don't like him. I didn't enjoy his writing in the least. Also, like I said, I don't know if he wrote the first few scripts of his head writing stint, because I did like the dialog. But I found the overall plot and story development horrible.

David was not "harrassing" Allie Doyle during that time. Allie Doyle had left California for Pennyslvania in August 1997, and arrived shortly after Joe's heart attack. David went to New Jersey in August 1997, to do medical research. Just because he was involved with Allie Doyle previously does not mean his whole professional life grinded to a halt, especially during subsequent times.

I enjoyed the Chris Stamp/Ryan twist. What's so hard to believe that Chris and Ryan's mother had an affair, and she passed the baby off as Patrick's? Patrick was complete scum, why wouldn't it be difficult to believe that he was involved in drugs?

I'm not too sure why you are complaining about the Edmund/David flashback, because Edmund was casually interacting with his guests early on in the evening. It was during the magic show and after that, when the storm hit, that the [[email protected]#$%^&*] hit the fan between Dimitri, Edmund, and all of those people.

The Trey storyline was not my favorite, but it certainly worked within the timeline. David was away at boarding school when Vanessa was involved with Richard Fields. This was AFTER David's father killed himself and David began hating Vanessa. She was involved with Richard shortly before he raped Erica. Vanessa witnessed the rape and took off. She traveled to Europe and that's where she got pregnant with Leo. Just because Richard Fields liked to prey on young girls certainly didn't mean he couldn't have sexual intercourse with women his own age.

Sorry, but Ryan's father was ALWAYS Patrick Curry. This was established when Ryan first came to town under Megan's pen. Ryan (and Braeden, as well) had changed his last name later in life to his mother's maiden name; his birth name was John Ryan Curry. When Megan decided to revisit Ryan and Jon's childhood, she FORGOT her own writing and referred to him as Patrick Lavery. She neglected her own history.

Hey Jackie! You really know your stuff.

I love your posts!

Hey Jackie! You really know your stuff.

I love your posts!

I love your post too Jackie.

I did guess though about the leather boots belonging to Kendall, because when she was walking into the court house, they showed her feet again.. and then her..

But right now there has been so many plot holes that it isnt funny..

Thanks again for your posts.

Starting over sucks. :( If I'm missing anything, let me know.

B&B:

- Bing Howenstein first listed as script writer on March 27

Does anyone know who is this guy? I don't think he wrote a script so far.

WOO! She's an awesome writer.

I'm glad she's going to be Associate Headwriter once Sheffer comes. :)

I totally agree. She was good years ago, too, with I forgot the guy's name.

She's like a part of "Days" golden years, so she really brings it back to a certain feeling.

GL:

- Jill Lorie Hurst last listed as script writer on August 14

- Jill Lorie Hurst first listed as associate head writer on August 15

Just a little info for you, Toups:

Y&R: Paula Cwikly not listed as associate headwriter on August 16 (U.S.)

She along with some other writers are never listed every day. She's just listed on the day she wrote the episode breakdown.

It appears that the spectacular Amanda L. Beall may be gone from AMC. She has not been listed with the breakdown writers for the past 2 or 3 days. Or maybe she has gone back to just doing dialogue?

It appears that the spectacular Amanda L. Beall may be gone from AMC. She has not been listed with the breakdown writers for the past 2 or 3 days. Or maybe she has gone back to just doing dialogue?

Yeah, I forgot to mention this.

- Amanda L. Beall last listed as associate head writer on August 15

My guess is that she's gone back to writing scripts.

Yeah, I forgot to mention this.

- Amanda L. Beall last listed as associate head writer on August 15

My guess is that she's gone back to writing scripts.

Hope so! She is the most talented writer on the staff!

Hope so! [ALB] is the most talented writer on the staff!

That's a sad thing in and of itself. AMC used to have great dialog writers through and through. Now the show has sad cases like Courtney Bugler who wrote yesterday's (8/18) snoozefest. And could they STOP TRYING SO HARD WITH THE COLBY/SYDNEY DIALOG?! It's painful watching these actresses who obviously don't say half this [[email protected]#$%^&*] themselves, attempt to say these torturous lines.