April 17-21, 2006

Toups

• Members

Uh I am defending my show and I don't respond to every negative post even though I have a right to. I have alot to say and feel the need to explain everything I feel about the subject at hand. I am sorry if you don't like my posts, which you made clear when you insulted me a few weeks back. I am not inviting nothing. I have been on this board for many months and people know how I am. I never insult posters or their opinions-I do argue heavily for my points but I never ever bash someone for how they post and what. You always seem to want to insult me and I don't know why. I love my show and am enjoying it and today was just a hard day to be fan because I felt a little overwhlemed this morning when it seemed like all bad news. It got better this afternoon as Days fans started looking forward to the future.

As for people tuning out, if the numbers stay here fine but they won't trust me. They had a bad week just like a few weeks ago. They have recovered before and will again.

Now I don't want to start a fight but the tone in your post is very harsh and rude. I let it go the first time a few weeks ago and will let it go this time even though I am very offended. Everyone here at SON is great especially my Days and Passions friends and I have never felt so upset as I do right now because of your post.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh. Why do I even bother. I was just offering some advice, maybe save yourself some time and less angst over other people's opinions since you seem to get very defensive over any DAYS comment. I was just simply suggesting you led it slide instead of retaliating every time a not-so-positive DAYS comment is posted. I included the word "genuinely" to show I wasn't trying to give you sass. But whatever. Do as you wish with your time. Peace out.

• Members

I appreciate it really but I know what I am doing. If you love and have obsessed over a show as long as me it becomes a natural instinct to defend it no matter what. I coudn't defend it last year because it was horrible but right now there are many ways to defend it. I know today I was a little defensive but its been bad news all around for me Days-wise and personally so I apologize to anyone who feels like I attacked them. I am sorry Gray Bunny if you don't like my posts but I am who I am just like you are. I just hope you and me don't continue to butt heads like this.

KR, Kirk, Kev, etc-I may have been a little unfair in my responses to you so I do apologize. I guess I was just shocked by how us Days fans went from all united and on top of the world to this. To everyone else I apologize too. These Days wars can get pretty bad anywhere-especially in ratings weeks like this. I want us all to get along so I will try my best to stop being a maniac about this. I just love Days and love it right now so its hard for me and makes me sad when my Days friends don't like something but I am happy to hear you guys are excited about what's to come.

• Members

Ouch for DAYS. If I may say so, I'd love to see GL get ahead of one of the other shows, whether it be DAYS or OLTL.

And Totally Off-Topic, but I love the lurker's poster name "Y&RTurnsMyWorld".

I guess we should wait 'til next week to see Y&R's all time lows. I wonder if the Bell Dynasty is in jeopardy.

• Members

lol - I honestly didn't notice that bc it was never in question - I only calculated the OLTL's this week bc by looking at the dailies, it was way too easy to see that it should be 2.5 and not 2.6. Plus it was mentioned OLTL might be #3 this week? haha :)

now THAT makes sense...I buy that. thanks!

• Members

The problem here, with some, is that you can't have a discussion about the ratings ect... without labeling someone a "Days-hater". I remember DAYS from the 80's and 90's, I believe DAYS is a horrible show right now and guess what I'm thrilled Reilly's show is getting these pathetic ratings. I loved Burried Alive and Maison Blance, Reilly's ratings success in the 1990's was well deserved, just as this low ratings mess is well deserved. I'm happy the ratings suck in hope Reilly will be fired and someone else can do something else to save DAYS. What's wrong with that? Why do you inflame people with labels? I don't hate DAYS, I hope its remains on the air for years to come, I do hate what Reilly is doing to it.

The postings do get heated, but I think those who defend DAYS should take a look in the mirror, because your the same ones when DAYS gains 0.2 you proclaim your opinion is vindicated and Reilly is making the ratings go up, some just can't stand it when when it goes down you don't like reading posting from those who are vindicated in their opinion DAYS deserves these low ratings.

• Members

Paid for by the "The Glass is Half-Full Foundation"! ;)

Phoenix rising:

As a big Days fans, I'm glad the ratings are awful because they match the show. Most of us are just hoping this will force Days to shake up their writing staff. It has nothing to do with being anti-Days.

• Members

That is fine and good but who will you get? Another recycled writer? Another promoted writer or Higley 2? Days had their great writers in B&C and they let them go. At this point I hate to make a change because every show that has made a change of late has made one to make thier shows worse. A new writer may do the same things as JER. Face it nothing can be done that we haven't seen before. Days has so many vets that have been there done that that everything is a recycled story. The only thing that bugs me is that many of those that complain about Days, maybe not on here but in general, are never happy and don't know what they want. I remember reading letters last year that people wanted traditional Days back with romance and couples fighting to be together. Well that is what this is and again people aren't happy. In the early 2000's, when most of the couples were happy fans complained that their couples had no airtime or that the show was boring. Days then goes supernatural to shake things up and people tired of that.

The problem is Days can't do anything right no matter what they do. They change directions all the time and then people change their minds and want them to go another way. The result is countless rewrites of stories that end up making things much worse and ruining some good potential stories.

Days isn't perfect. I do think they need new day to day writers and I would love for JER to have a co-HW to support his work. I also think Wyman has to go because ever since he made co-EP we got all that SFX crap. Days still needs work but I think, for the most part, its doing what it can given the circumstances of fans being really undecided about what they want from the show. Its really the truth-if the fans can't decide how can Days deliver? For me, right now, it entertaining and I am enjoying it so its cool but for others I don't know what to tell you.

• Members

I dont mind JER really except for his must have triangle angle on each SL, but its mainly the breakdown writers that hurt so much. I think DAYS has close if not the worst day to day/breakdown writers in daytime. Some of JER stories sound awesome on paper, but the writing is so bad its hard to see that, at least thats how I see it. I really like Sophia Landon Grier, but beyond her everyone else sucks. I am not some JER fanatic either, but I honestly feel DAYS needs to do away with half its staff and look elsewhere.

• Members

Lucas is chasing after Carrie like a pathetic puppy dog

Sami has resumed her obsession with Austin

Hope is trying to divorce Bo by e-mail

Bo is poised to jump in the sack with Billie

Jennifer and Frankie are racing to the alter as per the orders of Jack's ghost

Lexie is cheating on Abe

Mimi is holding on to Shawn by deception

Belle is chasing after a married man

How does any of this qualify as "romance" and "couples fighting to be together"? All I see are sordid and tacky triangles.

• Members

I agree with you Kirk, the day to day writing for days is pretty crappy lately..Way too many flashbacks..The other day jennifer had a flashback of hope telling her patrick was on the island..Why did we need to see that, it happened 20 minutes before in the same episode..

I don't necessarily want JER to go, because like Phoenix says who knows who we would get...But i do want JER to shape up, make things more interesting...Try to tell a story that doesn't necessarily involve an outside party coming between the main supercouples...How many times does Billie need to be thrown back into Bo and Hopes orbit...its just as bad as ridge, brooke, and taylor on B&B....

• Members

Rick, There were preemptions last week in a couple of markets but not sure if they were on Friday or not. I think they were though. I think they were Chicago and Baltimore and had something to do with one of the politicians being convicted of a crime. I know some talked about missing the Tad and Dixie reunion on AMC because of it and the majority of the shows were preempted that day.

Phoenix, Buddy hang in there. Know that I am behind you and others too. I am quickly learning that you cannot discuss it with some people. They are so negative about the show all the time that I can't take it serious anymore. With some of us like Kirk, King and others, they see the good and bad about the show and you can discuss the show very reasonably. There will always be those though who are happy to see Days fail or to fall. Their wordings are not that important to me anymore. Let them rant and rave. I am learning that when you are negative about a show all the time, your opinions start to not matter to anyone anyway. I am getting that way lately about OLTL and I even feel that my opinions about OLTL don't matter anymore. So I do try to look for something good within the bad. Some people can't do that with Days and to me their opinions are just opinions.

I know and you know that the show is good. I for one don't have to have action all the time. I grew up watching soaps when it was not action all the time. What we are getting on Days for the month of April is what we got a lot of time exp on Another World during the Lemay era. I admit the diologue was a little better but many times you got people sitting around talking and discussing their motives and what they should do or not do. That was what soaps were about. So I for one don't mind it. But this day and age when you don't have it then it is boring.

Also trying to look at Days fall last week, I look at the competition for the most part. AMC had a lot going on last week and I do know that some people who watch Days do watch AMC and I feel that some probably tuned out to watch it.

I am also with the other person who said that they wanted to look at what the viewers were. So far the demos did not suffer that bad and I want to see what the number of viewers were too. There is no reason to get alarmed until then. Hell there is really no reason to get alarmed anyway.

Keep your chin up. Just as it has been the last few weeks all the shows have been jumping up and down in that middle.

Archived