April 17-21, 2006

Toups

• Members

King Reilly and i are huge Days fans and when we are bored with the show, there is something wrong...And phoenix there really wasn't much talk last week about the show..You started a thread and a few people responded in it..Usually days threads are buzzing with activity here on SON...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I know Kev I just hate to see negativity all over the place. I mean all over today I am hearing that if Days doesn't do this or that they will be cancelled and that is really getting to me. I mean we all went from being so positive about the show to thinking there could be more lows-that is why I am so testy. I apologize if I came off as a little out of control/ I just hate to see my Days friends upset-the only good thing is the show has been really good this week as opposed to last and should be good in the weeks ahead. :) .

• Members

Phoenix we are all really excited about Days..But more for whats coming up in May/June..with the return of Patch and Kayla..and the end of the malex storyline....But the show itself just hasn't been that exciting the past couple weeks...

How long did it take Marlena and Alex to leave on their honeymoon (like 3 weeks)....How many times do we have to watch Chelsea almost confess, when knowing JER she won't.....How many times do we need to see Lexie attempt to confess, when we know she's not going to....Thats my big problem with Days lately, too many near confessions..

• Members

The dailes are rounded which is probably why the numbers are off. For example a 2.5 for Friday's episode of OLTL could have actually been a 2.54. When coming up with the weekly ratings, they use the whole number (2.54 in this case) and not the rounded number.

• Members

Amen. To me, it seems more like it's "right on time" that the stalwart DAYS defenders are putting on their spin gear and praising it no matter what comments are hurled their way. God forbid anyone says something negative or else you'll be given a litany of why your opinion is wrong and/or outnumbered. Let's just admit it was an uneventful, boring week for DAYS last week. We knew Chelsea wasn't going to come clean, the Hope/Patrick/Alma stuff was almost coma-inducing, and everything else was wash-rinse-repeat. Thank goodness we had the start of the Lexie storyline to make *something* interesting.

Hopefully, the actual events that take place onscreen for May will be better than it sounds on paper. I for one am NOT looking forward to seeing 2 couples in particular hitting the sack. It's a huge slap in the face to a major longtime couple. Oh, and then there's a couple babies in the making for 2 wrong couples and a marriage proposal for a wrong couple. :::Sigh::: Seriously, these upcoming spoilers are going to piss off viewers even more and they may turn it off in disgust. Let's hope they'll tune back in by June when Patch & Kayla return.

P.S. Ooh, ooh! Speaking of spin...! :) Guiding Light went up, no longer tying their record-low number, and are one-tenth away from DAYS. Hopefully they'll go up another tenth for this week because this week has been much better than last week (too many youngsters in ho-hum stories last week)

• Members

Good to hear and yes I do agree. There has been alot of that among some good stuff. I honestly think for the first time this year JER wanted to drag things out because its April and he wants things to be great for May and the summer figuring he could atttract new viewers when people are home. It makes sense but he did overdo it with all the near confessions. I am just happy people are still excited because this morning it was like a morgue for Days and their fans which is why I got a little testy. Guess I just wanted to know I wasn't alone :) .

Oh I have no problem with saying it was a boring week that very little happened. I was put off when people say the show is going to hit another low or that if it doesn't do this or that its over. That is what gets me-that and when people say JER is the wirst writer or that Days is the worst show right now. There are shows and writers much worse beleive me

Oh and I did notice the little dig at me Gray Bunny but seriously can you blame me? Everytime Days goes down its like a parade of people who seem to wait for that moment to take a shot and then when Days goes up we don't see them talk at all. That is why I get a little testy about it and make comments like I have in this thread. Plus, when they go down its like "a doom and gloom" all over the place.

I love the show right now and have liked April but not as much as the first 3 months. I am a stickler for seeing character interaction and such. I don't need action all the time but in today's soap climate you have to have that movement all the time or you flop. I am confident Days will rebound next week and will see increases in May and summer.

• Members

I thought last week was beyond boring and I am one of DAYS most loyal fans, I think I may have missed 10 shows since 2001, not including November 2001 when I didnt watch DAYS for almost the whole month. I am with King Reilly, just kill Patrick off or simply write him out, hell I want all the Lockharts gone even Bonnie. I wish the show would make Bonnie leave Salem and have JEL reprise her role as Adrienne. I am not surprised at these numbers, although this week has been much better, its still kind of weak IMO. DAYS was great January through March but almost all of April has sucked.

• Members

hmm, I wonder why Fridays are so low? Were there preemptions in the large markets?

8/9 soaps tied or got their lowest numbers of the week on Friday

Y&R 4.1

B&B 2.9

GH 2.6

OLTL 2.5

ATWT 2.3

GL 2.1

DOOL 2.1

PASS 1.5

I agree Kirk, Last week was very slow and boring. This week has picked up and the numbers should go up .2 - .3 next week.

• Members

Darlin', at this point, you're inviting it. One person makes a one-sentence remark, and you respond with a 3-paragraph explanation of why they're wrong/outnumbered or "just" a couple fan or anti-Reilly fan. Judging by DAYS' declining numbers, there are a lot of "just" fans out there tuning out.

Not saying you're not entitled to express your opinions, but I am genuinely suggesting you save your time by not responding to each and every negative DAYS comment. K? :)

Archived