SPOILERS FOR TODAY'S SHOW

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

First of all, Alan needs to rest in peace for just a little bit. Please. This is no longer amusing. It's irritating (for Luke/Tracy and their fans), and it needs to stop. I do believe, though, that today was not only the set up for the Ghost Buster spoiler (trust me, we're ALL going to want Alan to disappear after watching), but also for next week's "hanky panky." This upcoming "hanky panky" better me a bit more involved/longer-lasting than today's or Lainey won't be the only one tossing her TV out the window. (Note to self: Stace, stop complaining. You got Luke on top of Tracy on the couch. You got kissing noises and possibly even some moaning, but I'll have to watch again. Either way, shut up).

Second of all, either A) something got cut or B ) TIIC just don't know how to make things flow. There was something missing, I'm almost positive, between the second and third scene. And for a teeny tiny moment, I thought Luke/Tracy would actually be in the last segment. I'm hoping that Ghost Busters is happening tomorrow, but it might not be 'til Thursday or even Friday. Whenever it airs, it better be more than 3 scenes (yes, our girl just got 3 scenes today).

And finally, good god, Tracy! WTH is that outfit? I actually don't think I would have minded so much if it was just solid, although it does slightly resemble maternity wear, at least IMO. I suppose I should be glad that she got rid of the jackets/robe for at least one day. And hair, while not horrible, could use more of something. Something like "oomph." Heh. Oh, wait, not finally. As previously mentioned, someone at GH DID remember Tracy's birthday. I guess I should give them props, huh?

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

OMG (who do I sound like Ms Q???) I was so loving that first scene. I was eating my words about nobody of course remembering her birthday (although a few days later than last year, but whose counting right?) The way she was looking at him when she said sometimes she is so damn happy she married him...was really great!!!

The Luke getting on top of her was sort of funny. My first thought was please, oh please don't let this be the hanky panky spoiler...and oh my gosh could alan be more annoying today? I was like o.k. fire SD already...enough with the ghost (ha ha)

So I am TOTALLY not complaining...yeah they needed another scene....for sure. I liked how he kept trying to kiss her and then alan kept interrupting and then finally he just let her go and started to drink.

I did think the edward scene with Tracy was like way hurried and rushed...like STaci is right...it was almost like they forgot a whole part. Like a scene about well there is no heir so it is not hurting anyone, etc. .we wont' tell Monica and maybe you and I can work something out Tracy...I mean like Edward didn't even threaten to throw her and luke in jail. Something was so cut from that.

So yeah for GH today for remember Tracy's birthday and now I am all fired up to write....have a meeting tonight but will be online later at about 9pm central.....at least we have something Tracy related to discuss tonight--ha ha.

• Members

!@#$%^ We've been cheated!!! Check out the recap from YESTERDAY'S episode from ABC.com:

Someone rationalize this for me. Please. Why would TIIC do this?!? And if they cut this, what else (like in the NEAR future), are they going to cut?!? I wanted to see Luke play Ghostbusters! Is there not going to be any more LuNacy this week? :(

Edit: *waves to Lady A* We've missed ya.

• Members

Ok, so I'm reading stories and past posts right now to catch up with you all.

Hooked: I'm so happy for you that you finished!!! I can't wait to see your paintings! I'm sure they're awesome.

Pink, I'm reading your story now, so I'll edit this later, but I'm sure that it's great

EDIT... ok, just finished it and, like I thought, I loved it!!!

now down to business.....

Holy hot stuff, batman!! My girl was TOTALLY gonna get some for her birthday! Mannaggia, Alan... damn you!!! (I said that in english and italian, but I felt it warrented saying twice) Oh My God... if it keeps going like that we're not going to have any problem come May!! Oh man, only 3 scenes, but let me tell ya... way worth it! Well, to me anyway. Loved it all. Loved the clapping, the excitement, the shimmy, the kissing and trying to ignore Alan... the whole nine

Edited by knh

• Members

pinkpopsicle, I can't believe I didn't comment on your story yet. It was great. I also loved the "Spanky's Daddy" part. LOL. We really need to see something like what you wrote on GH. Today's scenes were a good enough beginning, but we better get more. And TIIC better stop cutting LuNacy scenes. Seriously. The more I rewatch today's first scene, the more I'm convinced a real huge chunk was pulled. Stupid writers.

Breakroom? http://pub13.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/1049349012

• Members

MsQ, you need to know that you almost got me in trouble with Fey! We were driving today, and she said, "I haven't finished reading your story. I was a little hurt, and I had to stop reading for a while." I kinda did the Scooby Doo "Ruhhhh?" (insert tilted head and vacant expression here), and she explained. "Well, I was reading the story you wrote about Tracy's birthday party, and I was kind of upset that you made that mean comment about Carly." I'm like, "Dude, I didn't write a Tracy birthday party story," and she was like, "Yeah, it was on the computer in Word--it was the last file you had open."

I started laughing and said that was YOUR story, Stace. Thanks for getting me in trouble with my wife! LOL. She's like, "I couldn't believe you would be snarky to Carly in your story when you know I like Carly." She had no idea I hadn't written the story. She was still annoyed with you for the Carly remark, but at least I'm not in trouble! :D

• Members

All I have to say is: THANK GOD FOR SOAPNET!!!!

I was having TIVO issues today (apparently when we moved the tv around to hook up the DVD the other day, we messed up TIVO!). I wasn't home for 3p ABC or 10p SOAPNET. Thank GOD, there is a 3am soapnet airing. And yes, I watched it "live," and yes I tivo'd it manually, so I now have a copy, which I rewound about 10-15 times already!

Squeeee... this is fantabulous. They are no longer pretending that a sexual attraction doesn't exist. This is great, great stuff. Can't wait to see the "Hanky Panky." (That wasn't the hanky panky -- was it?!?!?!)

uh.. one thing i'm sure of.... even though this was a FANTASTIC day. There were supposed to be AT LEAST 5 scenes today, instead of 3. There was supposed to be at least one before the brandy/HB/couch scene and then one before today's last Tracy-Luke scene. I'm POSITIVE there are at least two cut scenes. I could explain my reasoning, but trust me.. I'm positive. Tired and positive. I need to be up in a couple of hours.

ta ta,

LB

• Members

Actually, I think there were more than two scenes missing--if ABC.com can be believed, there was an entire set-up for Tuesday's Tracy-Luke-Alan scenes on Monday that got cut. That would explain why their little birthday tete-a-tete seemed to come out of thin air. There is also an enormous jump cut on Tuesday's episode between Scene 1 (make-out) and Scene 2 (Luke tells Tracy she has to get a grip on her conscience.) At the end of Scene 1, Luke, Tracy and Alan are standing stage right; at the beginning of Scene 2, they have all shifted to stage left, Alan is sitting in his chair, and Tracy is looking at him as if in the middle of a conversation. I'm thinking there was business with Tracy and Alan, where he crossed in front of the couch and sat down in his chair, that was cut out. There also had to be a scene cut out where Tracy convinces Edward that he is better off working with her than reinstating Alan's legitimate will. Again, another jump cut where all the actors end one scene in one place, and start the next in completely different positions. Also, the first scene with Edward ends with him "busting" Luke and Tracy, and the next begin with Edward and Tracy negotiating a deal.

While I'm thrilled that Luke and Tracy are finally becoming sexual with each other, I hate the randomness and incongruity of how it's being done. Two weeks ago, we were thrilled with a hug and a gentle kiss. Luke disappears, and suddenly, without preamble, they can't keep their hands off each other. It's like reading a book with a chapter ripped out of it. You just scratch your head and wonder what you've missed?

OTOH, at least their first on-screen make-out scene wasn't drunk. They can't blame it on the booze. They were really going for it...uncomfortable as the whole thing made me.

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

*waves to Deb*

Why did the whole thing make you uncomfortable?

It didn't make me uncomfortable but I was unhappy they chose to once again make it comic.

A little humor is fine, but I know BOTH can do better at a would be makeout session/love scene.

It's time for seriousness, at least a little bit of it.

As far as cut scenes, it wouldn't surprise me, we already know they cut Monday.

*sigh*

• Members

It made me uncomfortable because I see this as a sign of possible things to come--that TIIC will never take Luke and Tracy seriously as a couple, and their entire romance will be just randomness thrown together for "comic relief." They are the most interesting couple on the show, imho, and they're just...well, you know....

• Members

I watched Luke and Tracy's scenes again from yesterday. And I certainly agree that the missing scene from Monday would have made the difference in explaining how they came to the point they were at. I agree with MF (yes, that's MinervaFan, btw LOL) that it came from out of left field because we had not seen their relationship development to come anywhere near the physical closeness they shared yesterday. So that does bother me. I don't think their scene appeared forced at all. I did think it was strange, that Luke all of a sudden wanted to jump Tracy's bones the minute she said that there were times "I am so damn happy I married you". After Luke's initial jump to "Baby, talk dirty to me..." it didn't seem unatural to me at all. The rest of the scene was like lightning fast after that but it didn't seem off. What seemed off was how it was lead up to, and that, I believe, is TIIC fault. I think Jane was totally Fabulous!! Tony was good, but Jane was Fabulous!! As far as it being comical, the only thing comical to me was Luke's "talk dirty to me". After that, I don't think it was comical at all. People may have laughed because it was unexpected. But neither Luke nor Tracy made any goofy faces the whole time. They both seemed serious to me the whole time. It was Alan's sudden appearance IMO that turned everything that preceded him, into a joke. All in all I am happy though that they are finally showing something happening between LuNacy. I do feel that TIIC robbed us of the sentiment and emotion of the scene. But that's why they are called 'The Idiots In Charge" 'cause they are!! In the end, I would rather the scene took place than not. :)

My fave "lightening round" parts were: Tracy looking at Luke's lips when she said "ya know what?... and the look on her face as she continued. She looked like she was so in love with Luke. I loved Luke's "Baby, talk dirty to me" I liked his arm kissing though it was in FF mode but if you do slo mo with your remote it looks sexier. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Tracy's delicious smile while he was kissing her arm. Of course I loved when he got on top of her as clumsy as it seemed - you should watch this in slo mo as Luke leaned her back he actually did a hop to be able to be postioned as to slide his leg between Tracy's!! LOL. Tracy's moans/grunts were HOT HOT HOT!! Luke's hand behind Tracy's head was to die for! And Tracy's leg up was SMOKIN'!!! BTW, nice shoes - thought they were sexy.

I got all that out of a two second scene, not too bad is all I can say. :)

• Members

Yeah, MF, I agree, that's why we need more scenes like the HS/LnL2 wedding, scenes where they show that they ARE a real couple.

I kinda have my theory as to why they portray Luke and Tracy closeness as they do. Whether I am right or not or just making excuses or am happy to get what I can, who knows. But I often feel as though I have to rationalize what does not make sense. Unfortunately though, I'll have to save that for another time maybe. I have to run out the door, litterally, for work. ARRRGGHH!! I HATE mantinee days!!

• Members

Sorry I had to make such an abrupt exit from the break room last night, but I forgot I had an errand to run before going to bed. (I forgot to pick up a cake for my co-workers birthday this afternoon)

Here is the clips from yesterday's show:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TC85DHK

Credit goes to Lori Jo at Hella Good, edited by me.

You guys are right, they did do a lot of editing because out of a 35+ min episode Luke, Tracy and the Q's were only on for exaclty 3min 8 sec. That is ridiculious!!! :blink: One stupid three stooges scene lasted longer than their whole story. :angry:

Oh and here is the link for Soaps in Depth's readers poll again:

http://abc.soapsindepth.hollywood.com/talkback/readerspoll/

I just thought they could use a little help.

Edited by nex4evr