GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

AMC needed a shot in the arm at the time and Finola was a star; they promoted her coming on big time. They were also trying to exit Michael Nader over money and used his 'death' to bring Alex on as his supposed widow. Instead MN and Finola's flashback romance scenes were hot as hell and her intro story with Edmund flopped, so they rehired Nader and put them back together then tried to fob Edmund off on undead Anna Devane. It was a big surprise when we discovered the mystery person Alex was visiting was Anna, who had been 'dead' since '92. Come to find out Anna fit into the show like a glove whereas Alex was boring, but Edmund and Anna still didn't work so they were split and she got put with David.

How Alex became evil on GH has never been explained, but seeing as she had an incredibly convoluted and stupid backstory on AMC involving evil spies and brainwashing (and British thespian Samantha Eggar as her fake mom) it is not a stretch to think that Alex simply reverted to old form.

Edited by Vee

• Members

AMC 2.0 also made a mention of Dimitri divorcing Alex when he came on. I was tripped out they even remembered her, but that was 3-4 years before she turned up on GH.

• Members

I was even going to go ahead and watch today. But I read the description and of course, I was going to want to see Liz and Jason's first meeting post-return cuz Liason. Hmmm. I know they are just friends, but they still have a comfortable vibe for me so I loved seeing them together. 

And as I said in last month's thread, it would nice to see Jason's many kids sound off on the fact that he helps out everyone and everyone else's kids before his own. So watching Jason and Jake interact was like the Universe listening. Jake don't even care if he's innocent. He only cares about the fact Jason wasn't there. So...organic conflict. 

So I guess they are going to give Eva La Rue a storyline. Cuz that quirky timing at Deception was funny. That said...her quirkiness was kinda similar to Lucy's and well...we already HAVE a Lucy. 

Interesting how Alexis's storyline about getting her lawyer abilities back is tied to more to Neil's family evvveen more. Who knew that when he was killed off, there has been soooo much mileage for Alexis and him. Since she lost it in part because of him, it would be a nice full circle. 

Oh how I love Sonny/Dante scenes. 

Yes! This! 

It was a matter of time. And I've liked Anna/Sonny getting closer pre-new writers. But I definitely like the declaration she gave to him.

From your keystrokes to the writers' eyes and minds.  

• Members

That final scene with Anna and Sonny was so so good! Omg Sonny came in so sure of himself and she made him look like a fool.

I really enjoyed the Jake and Jason scenes. Jake’s feelings are completely valid and understandable. I found the actor playing Jake perfectly fine in the scene, didn’t bother me at all.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I do wonder what Anna’s longterm stance with Sonny will be after this storyline. Historically, law enforcement on this show ends up being completely stupid, crooked, or softened towards Sonny. He continues to operate as he always has with no ultimate consequences. 

Anna has a strong moral code as a character and it’s good to see that again. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

IKR. She let him have it. lol.

And good to hear on J & J. The floor has been set for some organic conflict. And we watched it happen on screen so Jake told no lies. 

I admit that thought came to mind for me as well as the scene went down.

Because while some viewers love the hospital tales, there are some viewers that like the mob tales. Some writers do a good job balancing the two. Some...don't. And neither element of the show are going anywhere. So with new writers, what will be their stance on Sonny and his 'coffee?' 

And if there is one thing I CANNOT stand it's a dumbed down Anna. She's done everything and seen everything. It just seems implausible. However, some of the reason that Sonny gets back is because the writers usually do dumb down the police department. Though that seems to be changing since he has some not-dumb adversaries around now. 

• Members

I really enjoyed the scenes between Jake and Jason, and the later one with Liz and Jake. As far as acting goes, what I saw with Jake was the performer making actual choices instead of just reciting the dialogue. I see promise in several of these young kids.

I hope the show strikes the correct balance with Anna and Sonny. Because we know they are not going to get rid of MB. But this is Anna Devane, not Mac. And Anna was nobody’s fool.

It was an incredibly convoluted retcon.