GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean, the picture is only a year old. That's not so bad. And the cast has hardly changed since then.

An insult to wood. And drifting.

They need to settle on a personality for her. She gives generic dayplayer at every turn, especially for someone going by "Blaze". Blaze your äss off my screen if this don't pick up.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Because that's what she has always been! I knew this would happen if they tried to hang an actual storyline on her, but it started with the old team and now this one wants to frontline diversity so it's a tough spot. Still I'd probably cut her tomorrow. Ludicrous that Eva LaRue is complaining that the Face of Deception is pushing Deception products, but I hope that's just meant to be another indicator of Natalia the overbearing stage mom.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Natalia herself needs better definition and fast, right now she's essentially a caricature. Having her in a bunch of scenes with Sonny of all people as her main talk-to is not going to advance her forward. 

These characters are bland and a thinly veiled way of TPTB checking the box for both Latinx and LGBTQI+ representation with minimum effort at the moment. Or, at least, that's what it's feeling like. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

It still amazes me that they didn't have her a character with no ties to GH or another soap. But I think that is when the whole synergie thing happened

I hope Sonny is locked away in a sanitarium. There, he becomes in a love triangle between Heather Webber and Janet Dillon.

(Or he's killed by both?)

• Members

She is a dayplayer AFAIC, and I don't need her to hang around when this subplot ends. I suspect that's all her role was intended for. I thought her first scenes (before the official writing change but clearly tweaked) were good and clearly delineated the character, but I don't need her around unless Natalia starts really fúcking with people and making a nuisance of herself.

I think Kate Mansi is doing a fine job and that both women sell the intimacy, but I don't care about Blaze/Kristina and never have when it started however many months ago.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Anyway, Hudson did fine AFAIC. Nice enough scenes but yesterday was a choppy show edit-wise. I was pleased they held the line on Anna and Sonny and ending the relationship. I hope it lasts, as interviews suggest it will. But it's time for FH to start toning down the emotion in scenes like these which are fine on paper; I've said it before over several years now, but I think she too often leans towards high emotion since returning (which she always does very well) because she worries people will not see layers or vulnerability in superwoman Anna otherwise. Further, we know she loves working with Maurice and has stated recently she had difficulty playing these scenes. But I'm done with watching Anna tear up over these mobsters she used to put away by the truckload. Her emotion and inner revulsion made sense in the early scenes with Jagger's speech about Sonny in mid-March, but let's move forward and give Anna back some steel. I did like the instructor calling her out about Anna's softness on Sonny over the last several years.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Agreed, Anna's already crossed the line and is clearly putting her ethics and moral code first (as she should). No need to play it as conflicted anymore - Anna needs to go no holds barred with no f.ucks whatsoever to give. 

It would be nice to see scenes with Laura as mayor backing her up too. 

• Members

Supposedly there are scenes coming up where Anna and Laura talk about the blinders they had over Sonny because of family and friends, or maybe I forgot them or they got cut. Finola was saying a week or so ago they were coming up, but she also thought yesterday's scenes would be on last week. In any event, she always delivers emotionally but I am ready for her to stop deliberately softening this material. She's been crying too much in general over the last 5+ years, but FH has nothing to prove to anyone.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree that it's nice to see Anna regain her sense of self, but to me, it means nothing if it doesn't end with Sonny either dead or locked up in prison for the rest of his life.  And that's really the issue I still have with GH, despite all the wonderful things that Elizabeth Korte and Patrick Mulcahey are doing for this show.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Sonny and Jason are a fact of life on this show at this point, AFAIC. They're not going anywhere until someone either retires or dies. So with that in hand, I choose to focus on how the show handles them day to day. So far I've been pleased, so I'm taking what I can from it.